• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

2012 problems?

oregonjarhead

has anybody had trouble with 2010 region 1? my computer has been working on it for an hour and has not been able to scan the disc.

Just did it today. No problems. Use the latest version of AnyDVD.

You don't have to ask... if people have troubles they post.... just like you did.

-W

Made a copy of both the full movie and "movie only, no problems here. Recommend making the full movie you will need the subtitles, seeing it takes part all over the world. Great movie. :rock:

Recommend making the full movie you will need the subtitles, seeing it takes part all over the world.
Anyone know why this happens with movies that have translating subtitles? Why is it some movies don't transfer the required subtitles when selecting copy "movie only"?

This happens to 2012, Defiance and Grand Turismo (just to name a few).

Different Movies handle subtitles differently.
Some are built in, some need to be checked in the check box, and some even need to be "forced".

Best thing to do is play with a couple rips and burn it when you like what you have.

And I don't recall having a subtitle issue (problem) with this one anyway.

-W

2012 problem

Tried to make a copy using clonecd it goes to 50% then cant go any further. clonecd keeps running but it is not doing anything. tried 3 times using differnent discs , writers and media no luck.

Tried to make a copy using clonecd it goes to 50% then cant go any further. clonecd keeps running but it is not doing anything. tried 3 times using differnent discs , writers and media no luck.

Dude, post a log file. :agree:

I have the latest of both Clone DVD and AnyDVD and this DVD just continues to scan. The first time over 5 minutes and I stopped it and rebooted and now I'm trying again and it's been over 5 minutes while I'm writing this...Kinda surprised...This is the first time this has happened. It's usually a homerun with these two programs...

Last edited:
Ok...I checked the "Aggressive I/O Mode" and still nothing so I cleaned the disc and it took that...so I don't know if was just the cleaning or the setting or both....so all is well here...

UPDATE: I unchecked "Aggressive I/O Mode" and it still worked... I guess the Disc just needed to be cleaned even though it's a new disc....

that happens sometimes. With new discs there often is a kind of "oily" looking film on the disc. This can interfere with ripping, glad to see your problem had such an easy "fix" :)

Tried to make a copy using clonecd it goes to 50% then cant go any further. clonecd keeps running but it is not doing anything. tried 3 times using different discs , writers and media no luck.

Sounds like a bad disc or the drive is slowly dieing.

Just thought I'd add a note to say that my laptop's internal drive couldn't rip or play the 2012 DVD. Playback failed at around the 7min mark and ripping failed at about 20%. Playback and ripping worked fine when I plugged in an LG external DVD reader.

There might be a lot of bad pressings around.

not with mine. Ripped my copy flawlessly couple hrs ago.

Just thought I'd add a note to say that my laptop's internal drive couldn't rip or play the 2012 DVD. Playback failed at around the 7min mark and ripping failed at about 20%. Playback and ripping worked fine when I plugged in an LG external DVD reader.

There might be a lot of bad pressings around.

May be time to say goodbye to the laptops internal drive if all is well by plugging in the LG.;) Doesn't sound like a bad press issue.

I should expand. The LG still had a hard time ripping the disc, it kept stalling and I could hear the drive stressing itself, it just didn't fail like the internal drive did. The internal drive on my linux laptop also had a hard time ripping with MakeMKV. The disc was badly pressed, there's no question in my mind about that.

I'm not doubting that the internal drive on my primary laptop is less than perfect, it's 6 years old now, I can hardly believe it still boots. However 2012 is the only disc isn't fallen over on. Only time will tell if it's finally dying for good.

Different Movies handle subtitles differently.
Some are built in, some need to be checked in the check box, and some even need to be "forced".

Best thing to do is play with a couple rips and burn it when you like what you have.

And I don't recall having a subtitle issue (problem) with this one anyway.

-W

Did you copy the full DVD or "Movie Only"?

Did you copy the full DVD or "Movie Only"?

You can copy "Movie Only" but you have to select at the very least the english subtitles. Apparently the translating english text is within the english subtitle stream. I finally figured out why the "movie only" option stripped out the foreign language subtitles.

I kept getting no subtitles during the foreign speech even with the full dvd copy option and it was because I would remove the subtitles cause my dvd players show the subtitle by default and its annoying but in this case they are needed (english at least).

No Problem with 2012 Title. Region 1. Flawless & easy. :agree:

2012 too long?

2012 will copy to disk but gets to about 80% burned on 4.7 disk &
says not enough space left ?

Back