• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion 1.8.2.0 Release Year Folder Creation Issue (regression?)

dvd4fun

It's literally written in the description
1708018600835.png
did you try this one?
Code:
%p/%n< (%y)>/%n_S%sE%e_%t
Because: if the year is not provided, with your syntax the folder name would end with a whitespace, which is not permitted in Windows.

Even though the explanation is missing, the example (above my marked text) is showing the correct syntax

View attachment 77521
did you try this one?
Code:
Because: if the year is not provided, with your syntax the folder name would end with a whitespace, which is not permitted in Windows.

Even though the explanation is missing, the example (above my marked text) is showing the correct syntax
Maybe I should create a new topic, but in Windows I always get two folders for Movie downloads. The second folder actually contains the movie, the first has a white space at the end. I have to use 7-zip to rename the folder since, as you said, Windows won’t recognize the folder with the white space at the end.

Below is what I use:

Movies/%t <(%y)>/%t <(%y)>

What if you put the opening bracket directly after the %t and the whitespace after that?
Like in the example....

What if you put the opening bracket directly after the %t and the whitespace after that?
Like in the example....
Got two folders but no white space now! Honestly I’ve always been happy to have the year so it hasn’t been too much of an issue for me. Now that the folder can be deleted that’s even better!

Movies/%t< (%y)>/%t< (%y)>

Attachments

• IMG_4629.jpeg
    IMG_4629.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3
View attachment 77521
did you try this one?
Code:

Looks like I misplaced the space "< (%y)>" vs " <(%y)>"

No more errors with your code, but no dates either. I don't know if it's because no dates are given by the provider, but all the ones I tried came up with no dates.

Regardless, amongst all the challenges that you guys have, adding a more user friendly string validation for the naming inputs should be probably the easiest.
Why imposing the use of "<" and ">" to users or have them to put the spaces at the right place when you can simply validate these things for us.
  1. Just deleting all trailing spaces at the end of the string before committing as the filename would be a start;
  2. I wouldn't mind ending up with a filename like title().mp4. It'll tell me no dates were supplied by the provider.
Then If you want to bring it the 2024 good practices, you can run a full filename compliance check and replace or nuke any non compliant inputs.

My 2c.

Last edited:
No more errors with your code, but no dates either. I don't know if it's because no dates are given by the provider, but all the ones I tried came up with no dates.
Which provider?
Dates are only delivered by Prime, AFAIK
So if you do not see any Dates, the provider doesn't deliver.

I wouldn't mind ending up with a filename like title().mp4. It'll tell me no dates were supplied by the provider.
continuing with your example ...like so ... ?
Code:
%p/%n (<%y>)/%n_S%sE%e_%t

I agree with the spaces-at-the-end-check, though

Since it has been acknowledged by members that the dates were anything but always correct ... why not try something like Filebot to rename your files? Checks Internet databases for correct dates, adds metadata, organizes folders ...

Since it has been acknowledged by members that the dates were anything but always correct ... why not try something like Filebot to rename your files? Checks Internet databases for correct dates, adds metadata, organizes folders ...
Dates are always correct... sort of. Since I use the exact syntax you posted I get either:
-no date or bracket at all - explained by dates are only given by Amazon. Yeah.
-two folders including one with the proper date and another with "(XXXX)" - Meh!
-Or the exact thing as expected (proper date) - Yeah

@cartman0208
I use TinyMediaManager ak TinyMM aka TMM for that which is pretty good at tapping into movie databases to not only format file/folders/metadat but also populate the folder with a sh!tload of useful information such as posters, cast, sysnopsys, etc...

Even though provider dates are not reliable, would it be reasonable to parse provider content page and grad the date shown but not sent?
My screen capture may not be relevant since I haven't click on team foxcatcher yet for download. Since once I click, AS takes over and the release date can no longer be seen.

EDIT: It looks like Netflix stripped all the valuable information once the content is selected (click). Unless it's a TV show, it starts playing it right away. Once in play mode, it no longer offers the option to see information about the content.
2024-02-17_10-37-39.jpg

Back