• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Powerdvd 3730 won't play iso images.

jdohn2002

Is it just me or does this not work for others too. I used imgburn to create isos from bru-ray movies I've ripped to my hdd. I mount them and they play fine in 3319a but they won't play in 3730. Sunshine said invalid disc structure and resident evil 3 started to play and stopped immediatly. Any ideas? Like I said, both images played fine with 3319a as isos and from their folders.

I have had numerous issues with this new version, skipping and audio sync are the two most profound. I went back to the last version and all is well again, 3304a is still best for me.:(

Is it just me or does this not work for others too. I used imgburn to create isos from bru-ray movies I've ripped to my hdd. I mount them and they play fine in 3319a but they won't play in 3730. Sunshine said invalid disc structure and resident evil 3 started to play and stopped immediatly. Any ideas? Like I said, both images played fine with 3319a as isos and from their folders.
Not had a problem with the HDDVDs and Blu-rays I have. Of course I may be lucky, but I would suggest a clean install of PowerDVD as a first diagnostic step (http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=85192&postcount=50).

On the other issue I have actually found this version plays AVC smoother than the last (VC-1 has always been fine) - Just about perfect for all the movies I have even with a lowly 7600GT.

Last edited:
Not had a problem with the HDDVDs and Blu-rays I have. Of course I may be lucky, but I would suggest a clean install of PowerDVD as a first diagnostic step (http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=85192&postcount=50).

On the other issue I have actually found this version plays AVC smoother than the last (VC-1 has always been fine) - Just about perfect for all the movies I have even with a lowly 7600GT.

I have found I can play any ISO I want. I even could play 3:10 to yuma, though I can not use my mouse to click on the menu's. I can use the keyboard or MCE remote control to move it. I played 5 blu-rays and hd-dvd's this morning each for 15-30 minutes and no problems using ISO's.

Iso's

For me this version plays iso's much better than 3516. 3516 would sometimes just close out when I attempted to play an iso.

Maybe It has something to do with the fact that I have deleted extras from my Hdd rips. I mainly just keep the essential M2TS files like the main movie and the menus. But I keep the folders and everything else untouched.

I also have the same problem with 3-10 yuma iso.

I am using Vista.

I didn't try yet other br iso's but hd-dvd iso's play fine.

I also have the same problem with 3-10 yuma iso.

I am using Vista.

I didn't try yet other br iso's but hd-dvd iso's play fine.
verified that the problem exists in xp also

r u sure guys that you play bluray iso's with 3730?

I tried an iso of an HD-DVD rip and that worked fine. Still can't get BLU-RAY isos to work though.

I have found I can play any ISO I want. I even could play 3:10 to yuma, though I can not use my mouse to click on the menu's. I can use the keyboard or MCE remote control to move it. I played 5 blu-rays and hd-dvd's this morning each for 15-30 minutes and no problems using ISO's.

What's your configuration?
I can not play BD ISO with PDVD 3730 either.
Here is my configruation:
Vista 32, Daemon 4.12, UDF 2.5

Why Do People Say Such Things

What's your configuration?
I can not play BD ISO with PDVD 3730 either.
Here is my configruation:
Vista 32, Daemon 4.12, UDF 2.5

I think you'll find that most people telling the truth on this forum and others will say that they CAN'T play back bd+ isos. It would make sense that Cyberlink would remove this feature as it would make removing the hard drive playback feature useless.

I read an article that said that this was the main reason that LionsGate went all Blu and such stating that they estimate that it will be at least 10 years before BD+ is cracked. Its hard not to want to hate all those Blu fans that supported this DRM crap (50 gigs storage, better picture quality and sound, blah blah blah), that and a hefty helping of "need to buy another player to take advantage of the new features, sucker!".

If we had just stayed away from this crap, the studios would have had no choice but to support HD DVD. Now we have the threat of 10 more years to put up with this.

Come on Slysoft, lets do this thing!!!

It's hard to say "how". "Normal" Blu-ray (non-BD+) just work, as they always have.

If it helps, I am using XP SP2, Daemon Tools 4.12, UDF2.5. No other cleverness.

I think the point is, that all HDDVD ISOs work and also the Bluray ISOs of non BD+ titles work. I think PowerDVD checks for AACS now and if it is not there but it finds BD+ it does not play it back. They can't do anything against Blu rays which do not have either AACS or BD+, because than they also wouldn't allow us to watch self made movies....

Yes I can play blu-ray iso's in the new version of PDVD.
r u sure that u are using 3730?

please post your config and also bd titles tested

i don't think that it is only a bd+ issue because all bd iso's i tried (non bd+ included) don't work

Definitely using 3730, non-BD+ Blu-rays definitely work. Corpse Bride and POC: At World's End tested.

Definitely using 3730, non-BD+ Blu-rays definitely work. Corpse Bride and POC: At World's End tested.

Well let me also add this, people that can play BD in new 3730 is makin them with "read" option in imgburn directly from the bd-disk, then you get a UDF 2.5 iso. When it does not work in 3730 then they are using "build" option and makin the iso from Harddrive, then is only produce a UDF 1.02 iso and is not playable with 3730, next version of imgburn will also produce UDF 2.5 with "build" option then it should be ok with 3730 i hope... :rock:

Well let me also add this, people that can play BD in new 3730 is makin them with "read" option in imgburn directly from the bd-disk, then you get a UDF 2.5 iso. When it does not work in 3730 then they are using "build" option and makin the iso from Harddrive, then is only produce a UDF 1.02 iso and is not playable with 3730, next version of imgburn will also produce UDF 2.5 with "build" option then it should be ok with 3730 i hope... :rock:
So this only affects Blu-ray? Because I have an HD DVD iso made using "build" that plays fine on 3730. My Blu-ray isos are made using "read".

This makes perfect sense to me, so the solution would be to make a fresh ISO from the disk using the Imageburn's read option or if you don't still have the disc :policeman: then mount the 1.2 UDF ISO then make a fresh ISO using the read option which should produce a 2.5 UDF compliant image ? Would that work ?

Great 1st post :)

Back