• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anystream 1.3.0.0 long unresponsive wait time

scalon

Hi all. I posted in another thread about this problem but the original poster said this wasn't the issue on his end. Therefore I'm posting this as its own thread.

I upgraded to 1.3.0.0 the night before last, and I'm having terrible hang times. This is happening on both my computers and there's plenty of speed and memory available. It's all running cabled (no wi-fi usage) to a fiber gigabit symmetrical connection. The cpu processor still shows very low usage and both systems show plenty amount of resources available. I've attached a screenshot below and I'll re-attach the log files for this post. This is on Win10 enterprise and everything is fully updated. I could understand it possibly being related to my computer if I was only running one copy of anystream, but I'm not. I'm running anystream on two different computers, both hardwired and updated with latest windows 10 updates. I've rebooted everything from the computer, down to the main fiber connector outside multiple times, enabled & disabled VPNs, firewalls, anti-virus software, changed IPs and still having these issues. Any ideas if this is a bug or if I'm the only one having this problem? Untitled001.png

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.0.0.astlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
While I haven't stumbled upon this lately but when it did happen it was related to my VPN / Smart DNS

In my case I just disabled VPN or cleared out DNS's plus resetting my adapter and it worked again

sshot-1.png

If it was an AnyStream bug the forum would be lit up like a Xmas tree, so I believe the issue is on your side, but that doesn't mean we won't try and help you. Go to the start-up programs in the Task Manager, one by one disable startup on boot, and try the program, see if you can find the issue that way.

Netflix recommends fast.com to test your internet speed, what vaues do you see there?

I had same issue when I upgraded to 1.3.0. I uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed. Slow download speed continued. So I uninstalled and rebooted again, and after re-installing realized that program had reverted to 4x download speed. I changed it back to unlimited and have been downloading ever since at my normal lightning fast speed.

I had this a time or 2 myself. This is something I encountered with another tool as well. In that case I would stop the download and restart it. That so far has worked for me to this point with AS but I have only had that a few times so it is not something I see often.

Hi all. I posted in another thread about this problem but the original poster said this wasn't the issue on his end. Therefore I'm posting this as its own thread.

I upgraded to 1.3.0.0 the night before last, and I'm having terrible hang times. This is happening on both my computers and there's plenty of speed and memory available. It's all running cabled (no wi-fi usage) to a fiber gigabit symmetrical connection. The cpu processor still shows very low usage and both systems show plenty amount of resources available. I've attached a screenshot below and I'll re-attach the log files for this post. This is on Win10 enterprise and everything is fully updated. I could understand it possibly being related to my computer if I was only running one copy of anystream, but I'm not. I'm running anystream on two different computers, both hardwired and updated with latest windows 10 updates. I've rebooted everything from the computer, down to the main fiber connector outside multiple times, enabled & disabled VPNs, firewalls, anti-virus software, changed IPs and still having these issues. Any ideas if this is a bug or if I'm the only one having this problem? View attachment 62950
Hi @scalon
To be clear, it's the download that's taking forever and not the application hanging?
If so, then be sure to check your Download Settings as @Lone Raven suggested.
As for performance, you definitely want to consider your VPN service as @BoomKapoow alluded to; even if you're not actively connected, I've seen NordVPN slow down my system when it's just running in the background.

Be sure to analyze your system anyways regarding system performance.

Hi @scalon
To be clear, it's the download that's taking forever and not the application hanging?
If so, then be sure to check your Download Settings as @Lone Raven suggested.
As for performance, you definitely want to consider your VPN service as @BoomKapoow alluded to; even if you're not actively connected, I've seen NordVPN slow down my system when it's just running in the background.

Be sure to analyze your system anyways regarding system performance.

The downloads are taking forever because anystream keeps locking up and not responding. It's not an internet thing, it's something caused in the operations of the software. The RX/TX isn't the problem. I'm trying to figure out why this is happening on two different computers. I might try what a couple of you did and do a full uninstall/reboot/re-install and see if that helps. Thanks for the responses everyone!

VPN turned off:

vpnoff.png

VPN turned on:

vpnon.png

The main issue is not responding in windows after the 1.3.0.0 upgrade

notresponding.png

The downloads are taking forever because anystream keeps locking up and not responding. It's not an internet thing, it's something caused in the operations of the software. The RX/TX isn't the problem. I'm trying to figure out why this is happening on two different computers. I might try what a couple of you did and do a full uninstall/reboot/re-install and see if that helps. Thanks for the responses everyone!

VPN turned off:

View attachment 62955

VPN turned on:

View attachment 62956

The main issue is not responding in windows after the 1.3.0.0 upgrade

View attachment 62957

Your ISP should be plenty fast but there could still be something messing with packets between your computer and the AP content servers. Is this only when pulling from AP or does it do the same on all providers? If you are saving to a network share, maybe try saving locally to rule out an issue writing chunks to the network share as a factor. I do see a bunch of network timeouts and retries in the log. There was another poster that has a similar issue but I don't think the source has been confirmed yet but his were failing due to too many retries and it looks like your eventually made it through.

From your log. I can't answer what the timeouts for 0 of 0 bytes are for. Either a new bug or maybe just handshake packets getting tracked?
00:30:15.951 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 24354777 bytes)
00:30:15.951 - [Warning] [Pump:video:prime] Retry #1 for fragment 28
00:31:29.426 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #29 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:31:29.428 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #28 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:31:29.428 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #27 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:31:29.429 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Unexpected response code: 0
00:31:29.429 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 0 bytes)
00:31:29.430 - [Warning] [Pump:video:prime] Retry #2 for fragment 28
00:31:29.440 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #30 SSL/TLS handshake completed.
00:31:30.792 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #27 SSL/TLS handshake completed.
00:32:54.798 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 22304311 bytes)
00:32:54.799 - [Warning] [Pump:video:prime] Retry #1 for fragment 29
00:35:38.488 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #28 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:35:38.488 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Unexpected response code: 0
00:35:38.488 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 0 bytes)
00:35:38.488 - [Warning] [Pump:video:prime] Retry #2 for fragment 29
00:35:38.489 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Request #67 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:35:38.489 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Unexpected response code: 0
00:35:38.489 - [Error] [Pump:audio1:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 0 bytes)
00:35:38.489 - [Warning] [Pump:audio1:prime] Retry #1 for fragment 68
00:35:38.490 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Request #68 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:35:38.490 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Request #69 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:35:38.490 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Request #70 has encountered a network error with code 5

Your ISP should be plenty fast but there could still be something messing with packets between your computer and the AP content servers. Is this only when pulling from AP or does it do the same on all providers? If you are saving to a network share, maybe try saving locally to rule out an issue writing chunks to the network share as a factor. I do see a bunch of network timeouts and retries in the log. There was another poster that has a similar issue but I don't think the source has been confirmed yet but his were failing due to too many retries and it looks like your eventually made it through.

From your log. I can't answer what the timeouts for 0 of 0 bytes are for. Either a new bug or maybe just handshake packets getting tracked?
00:30:15.951 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 24354777 bytes)
00:30:15.951 - [Warning] [Pump:video:prime] Retry #1 for fragment 28
00:31:29.426 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #29 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:31:29.428 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #28 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:31:29.428 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #27 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:31:29.429 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Unexpected response code: 0
00:31:29.429 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 0 bytes)
00:31:29.430 - [Warning] [Pump:video:prime] Retry #2 for fragment 28
00:31:29.440 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #30 SSL/TLS handshake completed.
00:31:30.792 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #27 SSL/TLS handshake completed.
00:32:54.798 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 22304311 bytes)
00:32:54.799 - [Warning] [Pump:video:prime] Retry #1 for fragment 29
00:35:38.488 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Request #28 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:35:38.488 - [Debug] [Pump:video:prime] Unexpected response code: 0
00:35:38.488 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 0 bytes)
00:35:38.488 - [Warning] [Pump:video:prime] Retry #2 for fragment 29
00:35:38.489 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Request #67 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:35:38.489 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Unexpected response code: 0
00:35:38.489 - [Error] [Pump:audio1:prime] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 0 bytes)
00:35:38.489 - [Warning] [Pump:audio1:prime] Retry #1 for fragment 68
00:35:38.490 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Request #68 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:35:38.490 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Request #69 has encountered a network error with code 5
00:35:38.490 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:prime] Request #70 has encountered a network error with code 5
I'm not sure as the only provider I use with anystream is amazon. I don't use hbo as of lately, hulu, netflix or disney. I can confirm that amazon downloads normal with other downloaders and everything else. I changed directories to a local attached drive and still experiencing the same issue. Not sure what's happening. Another thing I'm trying to rule out is that a couple of days ago microsoft updated all the computers. Could be a factor or a coincidence. The upgrade for windows and anystream happened the same night.

UPDATE:

I just used revo uninstaller to remove all traces of anystream, uninstalled a couple of windows recent updates & blocked. Rebooted. Re-installed anystream. Now it's working as it should. Again, could just be a coincidence with the windows updates as well, but wanted just to remove all of it at once and now everything seems to be working. For anyone else that may have this issue, it may be the new windows update, or just a simple uninstall and re-install of anystream as @Lone Raven mentioned. Thanks for the advice everyone! :)

UPDATE:

I just used revo uninstaller to remove all traces of anystream, uninstalled a couple of windows recent updates & blocked. Rebooted. Re-installed anystream. Now it's working as it should. Again, could just be a coincidence with the windows updates as well, but wanted just to remove all of it at once and now everything seems to be working. For anyone else that may have this issue, it may be the new windows update, or just a simple uninstall and re-install of anystream as @Lone Raven mentioned. Thanks for the advice everyone! :)
Glad you got it sorted out (y)

UPDATE:

Yes, there have been some reported issues from the January Windows patches and one is VPN-related.

Glad you figured it out! Happy downloading. ;-)

From BleepingComputer:
Windows 10 users and administrators report problems making L2TP VPN connections after installing the recent Windows 10 KB5009543 and Windows 11 KB5009566 cumulative updates.

The bug is not affecting all VPN devices and seems only to be affecting users using the built-in Windows VPN client to make the connection.

A security researcher known as Ronny on Twitter told BleepingComputer that the bug affects their Ubiquiti Client-to-Site VPN connections for those using the Windows VPN client.

Many Windows admins also report on Reddit that the bug also affects connections to SonicWall, Cisco Meraki, and WatchGuard Firewalls, with the latter's client also affected by the bug.

With many users still working remotely, admins have been forced to remove the KB5009566 and KB5009543 updates, which immediately fixes the L2TP VPN connections on reboot

Problem is back :( It's happening on both of the computers again unfortunately.

Problem is back :( It's happening on both of the computers again unfortunately.

Given what has been said already I would look to your network for issues. The problem there would not be pure speed, you seem to have plenty of that, but your network quality. AS is fairly sensitive to network errors. So if you are experiencing dropped connections and retransmits or even long latency times, other things can handle this without you noticing whereas AS might have trouble with it. Might be worth a router/modem reboot etc.

Did the Windows updates reinstall?
No, everything was running great for about 30 minutes. I started with old SD 70's sitcom, then it went to a newer series in 1080. It downloaded the first episode ok, then the second one started freezing the program so I tried it on another computer and it started running slow off the bat.

Given what has been said already I would look to your network for issues. The problem there would not be pure speed, you seem to have plenty of that, but your network quality. AS is fairly sensitive to network errors. So if you are experiencing dropped connections and retransmits or even long latency times, other things can handle this without you noticing whereas AS might have trouble with it. Might be worth a router/modem reboot etc.
That would make sense as far as the network quality. Given that all the stuff was rebooted multiple times yesterday, I'll give it another shot tonight and see what happens. I may try and downgrade to the last version of anystream and see if that helps if this keeps on. The weirdest part is that when anystream hangs on downloading, it causes everything open on the computer to hang. I'm running tasks in the background for ytdlp and qobuz-dl. They all run fine, but as soon as I fire up anystream, they all hang the same time anystream is hanging. As soon as I close anystream, everything else proceeds to run normal again until I open back up anystream. Doing tests with everything closed and just anystream open, it still hangs. It's weird. I'm wondering if the cef.dll is holding things up somehow. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Now it's running fine on both machines again. WTF? :banghead:

Back