• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Your AnyDVD version 8.5.0.2 is too old. Please upgrade. Version 8.5.8.0 is available

brad_the_dad

Why am I seeing this pop-up/alert?
"too old" for what? AnyDVD still ripped the tracks fine.
I see that the .exe was digitally signed 3 Nov 2020 - so it just had it's one-year birthday. Does the logic emit that message when the .exe is more than a year old?
If I DL/install 8.5.8.0 will I be prompted to buy yet-another "lifetime subscription"?

Why am I seeing this pop-up/alert?
"too old" for what? AnyDVD still ripped the tracks fine.
I see that the .exe was digitally signed 3 Nov 2020 - so it just had it's one-year birthday. Does the logic emit that message when the .exe is more than a year old?
If I DL/install 8.5.8.0 will I be prompted to buy yet-another "lifetime subscription"?
Please post an AnyDVD log. The instructions are in this link here for DVDs and here for Blu-ray discs.

You need to post an AnyDVD log so that someone can help you out.

:)

Please post an AnyDVD log. The instructions are in this link here for DVDs and here for Blu-ray discs.

You need to post an AnyDVD log so that someone can help you out.

Will do.(y) I was initially going to post there, but I thought the alert might be common across multiple products where a newer version existed when running a version that was more than one-year old.

I like your avatar .. was that from a particular Star Trek episode? .. or were they eating lunch between scenes?

Will do.(y) I was initially going to post there, but I thought the alert might be common across multiple products where a newer version existed when running a version that was more than one-year old.

I like your avatar .. was that from a particular Star Trek episode? .. or were they eating lunch between scenes?
Thanks.

I think that both Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner were eating lunch right before getting back on their soundstage. I forget where I got it from, but it's definitely the 2nd Season of that show, since Shatner was wearing his green wraparound tunic with the black trim at the time.

Hi:
The latest beta version of AnyDvd HD is always posted in a sticky on the forum banner page of A/D HD.
The latest released version will be on the subscription purchase page.
This applies to both the RedFox, and the Elby products.
The beta is just that, a test version that was released to address a particular user problem in a test atmosphere.
The beta, after a period of drama free time, will be assigned an ident. in a different number series, and become a release.
If there are no more beta versions in the pipe, then the current release(ex Beta) will be inserted in the banner position on the A/D HD forum
Your Redfox lifetime license entitles you to download and use both types of releases.
The nag that you encounter is a warning that you could possibly run into ripping problems on latest release movies with the version of A/D HD you are using.
As seen on TV, the studio hackers never sleep.
But wait there's more......
Downloads are cost free to you, no further purchases are needed. You are gold.
As users discover newer ripping roadblocks that the studios try to foist upon them, the amazing staff at RedFox will react by releasing a Beta to bypass those roadblocks.
The logfile gives them evidence as to what they are trying to combat.
This is the best bang for your dollar that you will ever see in the dark and murky software world that we inhabit.
MMMUUUUAAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAA!!!!!!
Art.

Last edited:
Back