• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is the difference of stream versus this programs?

Moved, this forum is for Anystream related issues only. Not for hotlinking and advertising 3rd party products. Moved to the third party section.

Multiple of those have been discussed plenty here (nr 2, 5, 6 and probably a few more) and every single one of them is a SCREEN RECORDER, hell nr 4 even has it in the name. Which means in general for all of those it takes as long to download a title as it does to actually watch the title. Anystream isn't a screen recorder. It's a direct downloader, straight from the service provider CDN.

Thanks for explaining the difference, because at the end, the result of all this programs is a copy of the download, isn't it?

It was never my attention to make advert, I just wanted to understand what makes AnyStream different?

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes it different is, as stated, AnyStream grabs the streams directly from the provider CDN (Content Delivery Network) servers and in the way they're being served to AnyStream (resolution, framerate, bitrate,...) creating an identical copy and placing them in an MP4 container. There's no recoding taking place.This makes it superfast (depending on your anystream speed setting, and ISP internet speed package), with my ISP speed package and AnyStream set to unlimited speed even 2h movie a FullHD title with 5.1 audio and subtitles takes at most around 5 minutes.

Screen recorders do it entirely opposite, they simply access the video title and depending on your program settings in them about audio bitrate, video resolution, allowed video bitrate etc they start to actually play the title and record each frame as its being served, then recoding everything per your program settings and wrapping it in the file container of your choice. It's also a lot slower. It almost always takes as long to record such a title as it does to physically watch it. Meaning a 2h movie in general takes 2h's to download it, vs the minutes it can take with anystream.

Thanks for explaining the difference, because at the end, the result of all this programs is a copy of the download, isn't it?

It was never my attention to make advert, I just wanted to understand what makes AnyStream different?
Yes and no. There are some pretty major differences.
1) Screen Recorders work like a VCR, you set the screen parameters, play the movie and it records what is played. The quality is generally pretty good, but the resulting file is typically very large, much larger than the original file would have been.
2) To use a screen recorder you have to play the whole movie in real time, hope your computer does not have a glitch, hope your computer does not play a sound (received email, etc) that would inject that sound into the being recorded movie.
3) The only program I have any experience with from the website that has most of the programs you listed, is Movavi Screen Capture. I use it for that purpose, needing a screen capture of an animated/moving object. It would capture/record a movie, but the resulting file would be enormous.
4) AnyStream does not record the video, it downloads the file, in real time or much faster, whichever you decide. It works similarly to 4k Video Downloader and some others, although they are used for YouTube and some other sites.

with my ISP speed package and AnyStream set to unlimited speed even 2h movie a FullHD title with 5.1 audio and subtitles takes at most around 5 minutes.
That is some serious speed. If I had that package my life would be a lot easier.

What makes AnyStream soooooo much better than these screen recorders? Speed for sure. But I have never read any comments about the User Interface itself - such a joy to use. it's almost impossible to make an error. The tech geeks might have their say that not enough options are offered. But there is beauty in simplicity. Since I'm in the "Third Party" area - I only know of one other downloader (that can also be used as a recorder if needed). I'm not 100% sold on this as I get a bump in my GPU usage when engaged in download mode, but at the same time, it "downloaded" a 55 minute TV episode in just under 6 minutes - I know of no screen recorder that can do that. But my point here is that the user interface is nowhere near as intuitive as AS. I'm glad I bought a lifetime license for AS, and happy enough to wait until some small issues are fixed. And in my case, at least, I have no issues! I should go to the main AS Forum and compliment the developer on the work done with the interface.

My dad is 76 years old and he would have never heard of those programs either.

I agree they are all screen recorders, and you can tell if they are crap because they do not offer a decent trial nor do they have a forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back