• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Their Finest

Thin Man

I saw that someone posted something about this on the CloneBD forum page, but they were told it was an AnyDVD issue and to post there. I can't see that they ever posted the same question in those threads, so I'm posting this here now:

Attached are two logfiles created simultaneously today and the logfile from CloneBD (which may or may not be helpful).

I read through Ch3vr0n's list of likely issues before posting this and it doesn't appear to answer this particular question:

First: I own a genuine disc of "Their Finest" purchased through Amazon

Second: The disc plays fine when playing with a regular BD player

Third: I burned an ISO copy of this disc to my HTPC for easier viewing in my media room, and also copied it to an mp4 to take with me on my tablet. In both cases the following happened: the movie starts correctly; at about minute 6:30 I get the following error message:

"Dear customer, The disc you've inserted cannot be played due to copyright restrictions. Please visit http://www.lionsgateshop.com, a local retail, or online store of choice to purchase a genuine copy. If you try to play back an original disc on your computer and experience a "copy detected" message, please ensure that no ripping or copying tool is actively running while performing the playback."

The movie then fast-forwards to the final 35 minutes of the movie and plays through the end and, after the credits finish rolling, returns to the 7:00 mark of the movie and plays until it reaches the point of the film in which there is 35 minutes left and abruptly ends there.

I played the actual disc using CyberLink's PDVD 12 and get the same error. I disabled AnyDVD (as the warning suggests) and played the disc, but have the same issue.

It appears to me that the disc is searching out any kind of software that could be used to copy the disc and is then inserting the message and jumbling the sequence of the film. I also have iSkysoft Video Converter Ultimate and Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, both purchased when the Slysoft/Red Fox tools weren't as advanced and both are also on the same machine, but both were disabled.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.0_Info_B_THEIR_FINEST.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.0_Info_I_THEIR_FINEST.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Their_finest.cbdlog
    300 KB · Views: 2
Update: I just restarted the computer with AnyDVD disabled. When the computer came back up I ran the disc using PDVD12 and it played normally. I hope this helps.

Only the log from the original is needed. This disc has playlist protection (Sony screenpass) so @Pete will have to take a look and will let you know when it's fixed

Anyway - fixed now.

Back