• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Removal Issue

I've never used speedmenu so I'm unsure what it does when the disc is region locked. Is it supposed to auto-bypass the lock?
Speedmenu removes the whole menu code on the disc and replaces it by its own.
That menu code is what enforces the region code. So there is no auto-bypassing required. The region code check is gone, that's all.

I have the movie "Stick" with Burt Reynolds Region B BluRay that I got from Amazon.co.uk. It won't play on my stand alone player, but will play fine on the computer using AnyDVD. I have tried now multiple times with multiple versions to create an ISO image using AnyDVD. I select Region B and select the option to remove region code. However, no matter what I try, when I burn the ISO to a new disc, it still has the region code. I also tried using ANYDVD to copy the BluRay to the hard drive and not directly to an ISO and burning those files.. Same result. It won't remove the region code from this disc regardless of what method I use. I can only watch it on the computer for now with AnyDVD running. Isn't AnyDVD supposed to allow the region code to be removed from the ISO so it can be burned to a new disc and be region free?

ARe you using a decrypted iso? Then no it can't, region removal MUST be done DURING decryption or the "damage" is done. You could try speedmenu's, but if you want original menu's you'll need to re-rip using region removal active AND use the originals

ARe you using a decrypted iso? Then no it can't, region removal MUST be done DURING decryption or the "damage" is done. You could try speedmenu's, but if you want original menu's you'll need to re-rip using region removal active AND use the originals

No, it is not a decrypted ISO. I am using the original region B disc from Amazon.co.uk. I went into settings and selected Region B and put in this original disc and then selected to create an ISO image from it. When it was done creating the ISO, I exited out of AnyDVD and tried using ImageBurn to burn the iso to a blank bluray (the same as I do all the other movies I backup). And the disc I created still had the region B on it.

The menu that came on the disc is pretty worthless anyway. I am fine with speedmenu's if that will fix the issue. I am not sure how to set those up though as I haven't done that before. Are speedmenu's an option in the software somewhere? I am on a work computer now so I don't have the anydvd available here on this computer to look at.

Just selecting region B isn't enough. It'll show a popup to confirm, but region will NOT get removed unless you also enable the actual "remove region code" tickbox above it

- Go to video blu-ray settings
- bottom half
- enable tick checkbox "Remove blu-ray region code"
- specify the DISC's!!!! region
- Click OK

Use the AnyDVD image ripper, upon playback make sure you do NOT press resume! Play from the start. Speedmenu's can be accessed under the video blu-ray submenu "speedmenu" ;)

Back