• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Eddie The Eagle - New BD+?

I just took this disc over to a friends house who has an older Blu-ray player without an internet connection.... played fine there as well so I cant see it having Steetlock. Then again I'm no expert... Perhaps the issues with it are just a new version of BD+...?

I just took this disc over to a friends house who has an older Blu-ray player without an internet connection.... played fine there as well so I cant see it having Steetlock. Then again I'm no expert... Perhaps the issues with it are just a new version of BD+...?

Trust me, it has Streetlock.
The date lock only kicks in on some players, including all software players and some standalone players - as well as AnyDVD....

This disc should start working some time today.

Peer, that's interesting. On the players that Streetlock does NOT kick in, do you know how those players get the keys needed to play the disk.

Is that the reason for the 2 BDMV folders, if it is, I don't know of course, but that would seem to defeat the whole idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peer, that's interesting. On the players that Streetlock does NOT kick in, do you know how those players get the keys needed to play the disk.

Those players have different keysets and can access the information directly.

Is that the reason for the 2 BDMV folders

There are no two folders, just a little side effect of logging.
Depending on the zip-tool you're using, the "two folders" won't show at all. Winzip shows only one.

Thanks Peer. I don't have one of these disks, I just read on an earlier post they were seeing 2 bdmv folders.

The disc should be ok now.

If you don't have an internet connected player you have to manually key in an unlock code

Oh good lord it gets worse. Who the hell wants to log into a website somewhere to get an unlock code to play the damn movie? This really reminds me of that goddamn DIVX protection that the consumers rejected.

Peer mentioned previously that the last (and only) other release this was seen on, only enforced the lock on software players.
This might possibly be the case here, or maybe this particular version doesn't have Street Lock at all.
Do you have PowerDVD you could try this with?

Oh you've got to be kidding.....They really do suck.

This is sounding like the uhd protection for blurays........ With the internet key requirement.

Yea, which as I said, seems to be a derivative of the old DIVX protection that we all rejected back on DVD's. I hate how they sneak this crap in after the fact. This is why HD DVD was a better format...it was "finished" and didn't "evolve".

Yea, which as I said, seems to be a derivative of the old DIVX protection that we all rejected back on DVD's. I hate how they sneak this crap in after the fact. This is why HD DVD was a better format...it was "finished" and didn't "evolve".

Well its a disgrace, but if Joe Public hasn't got, or, dosent know how to connect to the internet or dosent want to, they are not going to be ale to play these disks if their player demands this.

We have power, i.e. not buying this crap, but also, the Vender is going to put pressure on the Studio etc because these disks are going to be returned.

As said, smells of 4K protection. 4K is slightly different as in the buyers of that format are, for the most part, going to be tech savvy.
Like many of us have already said, 4K will fail for different reasons, this being just one of a combination of reasons.

Back with Standard Blu Ray with this crap will I think also be a failure because its a slightly different market (I hope).

PS I didn't ask Peer if this actually is a problem for us in combination with ANYDVD. Pete posted all ok now with the OP Disk.

Trust me, it has Streetlock.
The date lock only kicks in on some players, including all software players and some standalone players - as well as AnyDVD....

This disc should start working some time today.
Ahhhhhh... I understand now. Also, AnyDVD sees it just fine now. Thank you gentlemen!

The fact that it triggers on only certain players is quite interesting.

The fact that it triggers on only certain players is quite interesting.

Well yes very interesting, that's what I thought, there must be local (on disk) keys available OR are there a set of standard key(s) stored in all players that they are using in conjunction with different m2ts file(s) on the disk. I don't know of course this is pure guess work.

It might even be the same m2ts file(s) if the key it retrieves over internet is one of the same key(s) already in the player.

So players that ARE "Streetlock" enabled have to get and cache the key(s) from the internet and players that are NOT "Streetlock" enabled don't need to be connected to the Internet and get the keys locally and can play the disk without date restriction. Just pure guess.

If I had to guess, there's probably a list of player keys on the disc that if it matches one of those that it requests the streetlock key. Given that it doesn't happen on all players, it should be possible to bypass the damn thing completely but this is also just a guess. I have no real knowledge of how it works and I'm only speculating here. It's a stupid "protection" anyway. This is why people get pissed off....DRM is NOT about protecting content. It's about controlling it.

If I had to guess, there's probably a list of player keys on the disc that if it matches one of those that it requests the streetlock key. Given that it doesn't happen on all players, it should be possible to bypass the damn thing completely but this is also just a guess. I have no real knowledge of how it works and I'm only speculating here. It's a stupid "protection" anyway. This is why people get pissed off....DRM is NOT about protecting content. It's about controlling it.

Street Lock is part of BD+ - and every player has a distinct list of AES keys, that can decrypt individual code (BDSVM) portions on the disc.
If BD+ wants a certain player not to have direct access to the code, that will unlock the disc directly, it will reserve an alternative portion of code, that this player can decrypt. And that portion of code will only unlock the disc, when it gets this additional street lock key.
So - no, can't bypass that.

Street Lock is part of BD+ - and every player has a distinct list of AES keys, that can decrypt individual code (BDSVM) portions on the disc.
If BD+ wants a certain player not to have direct access to the code, that will unlock the disc directly, it will reserve an alternative portion of code, that this player can decrypt. And that portion of code will only unlock the disc, when it gets this additional street lock key.
So - no, can't bypass that.

Ohhhh, yucky. LOL. I didn't realize it was part of BD+ but that certainly makes sense. Yea, that's not a very nice part of the protection. My guess is they're still testing the waters and eventually they'll "open it up" to more players going forward. How delightful. In any case, thanks for the info.

Hi Peer, didn't even realise it was part of BD+, sounds complex.

If only they would put their devious minds to better use eh LOL.

I agree with Samuri, not protection but control, control of content = control of us.

Thanks for taking time to explain.

LOL that was weird Samuri, can you read my mind, just read your last post.

Back