• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Never too late to build a better mousetrap

doc-ripitt

Problem: Windows 8 caused many burps. Window 10 caused lockups on EVERY BD iso but worked ok with DVD's (been using SlySoft, etc. for around 12 years); Also, Windows 10 or the computer motherboard I was using would not allow viewing movies on more than one screen. If HDMI were used.

Solution:
Used an older motherboard (Biostar HD) and Radeon HD 5XXX (old), threw in 4GB ram, Installed win 7 Professional, used a loader and removed the WAT and installed all the software necessary (w/update from RedFox), including rolling back TMT to Version 5. Finally, after almost a year of not being able to watch an iso without interruption, the system works flawlessly! furthermore, the Radeon can out put DVI, RGB and HDMI simultaneously AND allow unlimited HDMI displays via HDMI splitters.
I run the sound through the optical audio.

NOT: hooked up to the internet. All updates off. No virus issues.

I should have done this barebones approach a long time ago!! Highly recommende

Thread moved to General chat. I moved from Windows 7 64 bit Ult to Windows 10 Pro and had no issues what so ever. My rig is an Asus Z170 with a 6700k chip, 980GTX Video Card, the only thing you might miss out on not being connected to the internet is the Online Protection Database for new movies, you need an internet connection for that. But I never had a hiccup with BDs at all, I used PowertoDVDUltra 10 and VLC to watch my BDs and regular movies, I do not burn movies I make them all into H265 video files and store them in a Cloud configuration, and also on a big platter drive. I certainly wouldnt go back to using old tech, but if you are happy now thats all that matters.

Thanks for the input. Did you install a fresh copy of win 10 or the free upgrade?? I was going to get updates using another machine.

Another thing I did not mention, is that when I upgraded to win 10, TMT 6 "skin" changed and many of the menu items were gone. This seemed weird, since Arcsoft had dumped TMT before I made the switch.

I moved from Windows 7 64 bit Ult to Windows 10 Pro and had no issues what so ever.

Two machines running Win 7 Home, one x64 and the other x86. Upgraded via downloaded ISO both machines and neither machine is having a single problem related to AnyDVD.

The x86 machine "lost" both installed DVD drives, but a quick registry hack and the drives came back.

After some reading it may appear that the problem is TMT 6. I will go back to the other computer and uninstall TMT 6 and re-install TMT5 to see if that is where the trouble started.

You should disconnect all your DVD-RW drives when installing Windows 10 then enable them after Windows 10 installation.

The driver that is installed with TMT5 and TMT6 can cause problems in Windows 10. I had all kinds of issues with it, til I just finally gave up trying to use that player in Windows 10. Which is too bad, as it was my favorite Blu-ray software player.

Back