• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The force awakens

No you didn't. From your logfile.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.5, BDPHash.bin 16-03-25)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH12LS38 1.00 D20607119KB9OK4841
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-R
Media is a Blu-ray disc. Total size: 20531904 sectors (40101 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_FORCE_AWAKENS
Media is not AACS protected. Drive supports bus encryption!

There is no way in earth that a blockbuster like that would be on an unprotected bd-r disc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
What are you trying to say? That logfile was of the copy of my second try, and I set it myself to Region A before copying on this try as advised by the Forum. OK I believe I get it. You were able to open the logfile and now you are calling me a liar because it doesn't appear as you would like it.

I'm not calling you a liar at all. Logfiles are only useful if they are from the ORIGINAL disc, not the backup. You said you used the original, the logfile proves otherwise. That's a logfile from the backup, you need to provide a logfile from the original retail disc.

My only attempt was to do what I had wished someone would have done so that when I searched the Forum, I could have found that you should not try to copy the Blu-Ray version of The Force Awakens at this time. That is still my advice people!!!

I'm not calling you a liar at all. Logfiles are only useful if they are from the ORIGINAL disc, not the backup. You said you used the original, the logfile proves otherwise. That's a logfile from the backup, you need to provide a logfile from the original retail disc.

Oh, I admit, I misunderstood,and am sorry for doing so. I was going from the message and I quote: "Use the original disc, that's a backup." I understand what it meant now. Sorry, I will try again.

This is the logfile from the original Blu-Ray version of The Force Awakens that I bought. Please advise.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_E_THE_FORCE_AWAKENS.ziplog
    160.1 KB · Views: 14
Ok now we're getting somewhere. Decryption looks fine and no problematic drivers. Now run through the following list.

1. Try to rip the disc to harddrive, if you're not getting read errors move to 2. If you are, exchange the disc
2. Play the rip in a bluray licensed software player such as PowerDVD. If you're able to start playback, move to 3. If you're not move to 4
3. Check if the let it play a moment and check if scenes are correct, if they are move to 5
4. Scenes are not in order => protection issue and james will need to take a look (unlikely since the disc only has basic aacs protection)
5. Since we've established you are able to rip AND the playback starts and scenes are in order, AnyDVD did it's job and its NOT an Anydvd rip/decryption issue. Move to 6.
6. Since playback is normal it's obviously a blank disc / burn related issue. Before we proceed i suggest you pick yourself up a BD-RE (rewriteable blu-ray, this will stop you from wasting blanks). If you cant / won't, answer the following. What brand of blank discs are you using and at what speed are you burning. My guess you're using lousy quality blanks and/or burning too fast causing a bad burn and/or your player doesn't like the blanks you're using.

6. Since playback is normal it's obviously a blank disc / burn related issue. Before we proceed i suggest you pick yourself up a BD-RE (rewriteable blu-ray, this will stop you from wasting blanks). If you cant / won't, answer the following. What brand of blank discs are you using and at what speed are you burning. My guess you're using lousy quality blanks and/or burning too fast causing a bad burn and/or your player doesn't like the blanks you're using.

Off topic, but i am intrigued by the comment about burn speed, and disc quality. What would a good quality 50gb disk be, and what burn speed would be recommended? I am having a problem playing a burned disc over different devices, almost as if one of the devices is having buffering/cache problems. This is not an AnyDVD-HD

Please ask the question is the correct section at the bottom of the forum. There's a specific section for blank disc discussion

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Ok now we're getting somewhere. Decryption looks fine and no problematic drivers. Now run through the following list.

1. Try to rip the disc to harddrive, if you're not getting read errors move to 2. If you are, exchange the disc
2. Play the rip in a bluray licensed software player such as PowerDVD. If you're able to start playback, move to 3. If you're not move to 4
3. Check if the let it play a moment and check if scenes are correct, if they are move to 5
4. Scenes are not in order => protection issue and james will need to take a look (unlikely since the disc only has basic aacs protection)
5. Since we've established you are able to rip AND the playback starts and scenes are in order, AnyDVD did it's job and its NOT an Anydvd rip/decryption issue. Move to 6.

Truly, Thank-you for your help, I at least found out how to upload a file log to the Forum. Other than that, it is not a Blank Disk burning problem. These disks do fine when there is no problem copying a movie with true protection removed. I revert to my previous advice to all! Do not try to copy this movie under present AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 version. You will find sectors that don't flow but stumble from place to place. Sincerely, j

Did you or did you not go through that sequence? If not, we can't help you if you're not willing to do what we ask. However i must ask you to STOP giving bad advice, stop telling people not to copy this movie with 7695. Others have been able to copy it just fine and play just fine. The ball is in your court, i can't help you if you won't give me the info i need to help. I'm done.

Truly, Thank-you for your help, I at least found out how to upload a file log to the Forum. Other than that, it is not a Blank Disk burning problem. These disks do fine when there is no problem copying a movie with true protection removed.
Sorry, but you are talking nonsense. If you don't have a clue, I strongly suggest to shut up.

Do not try to copy this movie under present AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 version. You will find sectors that don't flow but stumble from place to place.

I did make a copy of this movie with AnyDVD-HD 7.6.9.5 and Imgburn (rip from bluray to hdd, burn from hdd to blank bluray). I am having a problem when I move the disc from device to device. It plays fine on my computer with an I/O Magic (LG) external drive, but will not play well through my Sony BDP-S3500 player. The Sony exhibits what appear to be buffer/cache problems late into the movie (second layer) in that there will be pauses, and unevenness as it plays back. As Ch3vron has reflected, it is not an AnyDVD-HD problem, but something further down the line.

@James my the force awakens turned out awesomeness nvr been happier sir nicely done :rolleyes:(y):sneaky::LOL::ROFLMAO::confused: @jburke

I did make a copy of this movie with AnyDVD-HD 7.6.9.5 and Imgburn (rip from bluray to hdd, burn from hdd to blank bluray). I am having a problem when I move the disc from device to device. It plays fine on my computer with an I/O Magic (LG) external drive, but will not play well through my Sony BDP-S3500 player. The Sony exhibits what appear to be buffer/cache problems late into the movie (second layer) in that there will be pauses, and unevenness as it plays back. As Ch3vron has reflected, it is not an AnyDVD-HD problem, but something further down the line.

I have the original Blu-Ray player and another that was made before 2012, No Cinavia. The problem is in the decryption, and time will tell what is correct. A quote from another,"Not literally, no. :) But they may have found a way to sneak in a similar, physical-disc dependency nonetheless."

Hi, when I play the file I made of the whole disk I get a narration with the film. I don't get it when I play the preview of the version I chose but the end result has some idiot talking while the movie plays. Help!

Hi, when I play the file I made of the whole disk I get a narration with the film. I don't get it when I play the preview of the version I chose but the end result has some idiot talking while the movie plays. Help!
This is a different issue. You need to say how you are making the file and what you are trying to play it back in, although by the sound of it your playback software probably can't play back the HD audio stream and is therefore defaulting to the first audio stream it can decode

I have the original Blu-Ray player and another that was made before 2012, No Cinavia. The problem is in the decryption, and time will tell what is correct. A quote from another,"Not literally, no. :) But they may have found a way to sneak in a similar, physical-disc dependency nonetheless."
I have the US version of this disc and when written to a DL BD-RE it plays back flawlessly in all my players, as has been said, it's not a decryption issue, if it were then it wouldn't play back cleanly and I wouldn't have been able to run it through both CloneBD and BD Rebuilder to make test SL BD-R's and MKV files as they would have also failed if any copy protection was left on.

I'd also look at updating the firmware on your drive, from what I can see you have an LG BH12LS38 on firmware version 1.00 from 2011/early 2012. There have been 3 firmware updates since then all of which address writing issues to different media. Latest can be download from here
http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/BH12LS38/files.html

Last edited:
Success backing up the Force Awakens. I have to tell you I purchased CloneBD the day it came out with a lifetime license because I knew the reputation of the company and other products. I knew it would take a while to get it right and many updates before I would be happy. I had not been too impressed with the product up until now. I think I have had only 5 successful attempts and the rest were "unplayable" disks in my player (though they seemed to play in my computer" the would get to play and then screen go blank.

I may have discovered my problems. First I have NEVER been able to make a playable disk using AnyDVD to rip an image. Period. There have been so many variables it's difficult to know which combination to use. I read a post in ANYDVDHD about region codes and realized I was going about it wrong. I had ANYDVDHD set up to auto recognize the region code and when it did not (every did) I would select region free (as I wanted my copy to be region free) until I read the post I realized it should have been the region of the disc. After setting this up, and AnyDVD worked its magic I went to CloneDB to process ISO and burn to disc ...it played great.

I have since played with it and successfully burned to a DVD 9 disc Of course I had to only backup one playlist (800) and downgrade the audio to ac3-3 for CloneBD to fit it onto a DVD disc, however, I was NOT expecting success but alas, even THAT AVDHD disc played great!

I do not purchase many Blu Ray yet, I am still fine with the quality of DVDs, but when I do get a Blu Ray I am glad to know all is not lost.

Assuming you are refering to the drive then not according to your logfile, your logfile states the drives firmware is 1.0

If you are referring to the software then how come it works fine for us with no issues? If it was a decryption problem then it wouldn't work for us either.

James who is the AnyDVD developer has already said your assumption about decryption being left on is wrong

Both Blu Ray players are up to date with latest downloads. Thanks for your efforts!!!

So did you update the LG Blu-ray writer then as according to your logfile that was not up to date, and that can affect how the burn comes out on the discs.

Back