• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TotalMedia Theatre 5 and Disc Image

dellsam34

I recently switched from WinDVD to TotalMedia Theatre 5 as the WinDVD doesn't play from a vertual mounted disc image to find out that TotalMedia just don't do that either it however plays Blu-ray and DVD from a folder with all the menu options just like the original disc, Is it just me or that's how TotalMedia Theatre 5 works.

TMT 5 plays mounted iso's just fine. Atleast it does for me

Works on all my machines playing back mounted ISO's

What software are you using to mount your images? Where are you mounting the images from (local HD, network share, etc.)? Are you using Win 8?

I use both AnyDVD and ImgBurn to create ISO, I was able to play some of the DVD images but none of the blu-ray images I use MagicDisc to mount my images, I used to use PowerISO but PowerISO doesn't give me autorun option it just browse into the vertual drive, Anyways yeah I couldn't get TMT5 to play at least the BD.ISO's from the hard drive on the same computer.

Last edited:
Try using Virtual Clone Drive to mount images instead. I installed magicdisc and found that the ISO's that work fine in VCD get an 'unknown disc' error in TMT when mounted using magicdisc

Last edited:
Try using Virtual Clone Drive to mount images instead. I installed magicdisc and found that the ISO's that work fine in VCD get an 'unknown disc' error in TMT when mounted using magicdisc

Is there any other freeware that is proven to work with TMT5 on BD.ISO ?

Virtual Clone Drive IS freeware what adbear is saying is that the software you're currently using (magicdisc) he has used before and cause the same problem. It's MagicDisc that made the discs unplayable for TMT5, because when adbear used the same iso file with VCD TMT5 could play them just fine.

Virtual Clone Drive IS freeware what adbear is saying is that the software you're currently using (magicdisc) he has used before and cause the same problem. It's MagicDisc that made the discs unplayable for TMT5, because when adbear used the same iso file with VCD TMT5 could play them just fine.

Ok I will try it.

Last edited:
I installed it to test it just before I posted with their latest version and got that message.

My advice is to go back to TMT3 (or at lest something earlier than the latest TMT5) if you can. Nothing but problems with the latest TMT5 versions ;)

Nothing wrong with TMT 5, just use the last build before Cinavia

I installed vertual clone drive but it doesn't have autorun feature I have to click on TMT5 and select a drive to be able to play disc image, I will just have to live with MagicDisc at least it gives me autorun function.

well it does if you start up TMT5 FIRST, and THEN mount the iso. TMT will see a disc inserted and start autoplaying on it's own IF it is configured to do so

Autorun is set in Windows, I can double click on an ISO which is then mounted in VCD and autorun in Windows then tells TMT 5 to play it. All magicISO does is set the Windows autorun. In Win 7 go to 'Control Panel', then 'Auto play' and make sure the top box is ticked 'Use Autoplay...' Then just set the default program for the types of discs etc. Once set it shouldn't matter what program you use to mount it will autoplay if it sees the mounted image as a valid disc format

Last edited:
well it does if you start up TMT5 FIRST, and THEN mount the iso. TMT will see a disc inserted and start autoplaying on it's own IF it is configured to do so

It wouldn't make any diffrence, It should autostart the default video player as soon as it's mounted, It's a very convinient feature hope they include it in vertual clone drive in the future.

It wouldn't make any diffrence, It should autostart the default video player as soon as it's mounted, It's a very convinient feature hope they include it in vertual clone drive in the future.
There's no need for them to add it in as it's just a standard windows function as I stated in my previous post

Last edited:
adbear's right. Just set autoplay for blu-ray disc type to TMT5 and it should fire up regardless of whether VCD has an autorun feature or not

Autostart is already set to TMT5 but VCD doesn't fire it up, Any computer geek help me with this? Untitled.jpg

Back