• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile and iPod Touch

i would like to know too

I just bought a ipod touch and i cant or dont even know how to load or do anything, do you>I mean how do you go from putting the dvd in and then what do you do to get it to your ipod.

I wrote the original post, but I have since figured it out. Unlike putting movies directly onto a PSP, you have to put the movie on your hd and then into itunes before you can put it onto your ipod. It is actually very simple. You insert your dvd, let anydvd read it, then open clonedvd mobile, choose ipod from the list, either ipod option works for me, then go to the next screen, find your movie from the browse button, go to the next screen and follow the prompts. I put the movie name in for the label and also I like to put the movie in a folder that I created in "my documents" that I named "downloaded movies". After it is on my computer, I open up itunes, and select "file", and then "import" and I go to the folder that I created and import it into itunes. Then it is just a matter of syncing your ipod with itunes and wahlah, there it is!

Clone DVD Mobile

I am not using an ipod touch, but I do burn movies into iTunes to play on my apple TV. All you do is select iPod Video Gen5 from the list, pick a resolution in the next screen. DON'T select separate chapters. Then save the file to your videos file. Open iTunes, select import and select the file you just created. If you want to finish with a flourish, download some cover art from cdcovers.cc and crop out the DVD cover and drag that into the artwork file (that you will find if you right click your video file after importing it into iTunes)

I got sick of the kids ruining every dvd they got after a week, so now I burn them into iTunes and let em watch on Apple TV!

But this solution will work fine for you for your ipods. You can make the files nice and small since you are playing them on the tiny screen. I make a 2 gig file at top resolution to play nice looking movies on my 47" 1080p widescreen. :) Hope this helps some!

a question for Groggle

Not meaning to get this off topic but Groggle...
What resolution are you selecting for your AppleTV burns?

rudiger

apple TV

I burn at top resolution in the ipod gen 5 mode to get it down to 2 gigs. Still a large file, but thats 250 movies (eventually)on my 500 gig external HD... Like I said, you can burn at lower settings for the small screen players. AND, I'm sure there is probably a better way to do all of this than the way I'm doing it... I'm not the biggest geek in the world. I just stumbled through this trying to get something that worked with iTunes and AppleTV.

And I also LOVE that I can burn subtitles onto movies this way, since I'm a cochlear implant user....

And the beautiful thing about forums is that you can talk about anything... so there's really no such thing as off subject:D We're all here to learn from each other.

I am planning on buying an ipod touch soon and so i started converting some dvds. I couldnt help but notice that the touch's native screen resolution is 480X320 but the only resolution that cdvdm will let you choose is 480X270. just curious why the difference?

I havent of course tried this out yet to see how it looks. has anyone else used this for the ipod touch? hows it look?

ipod touch and m4v

new to ipod touch and really like the clone dvd mobile. I would recommen it to anyone else who has a desire to populate their device with backup copies of their dvd collection.
i did encounter a small error when trying to sync the mp4 to the ipod -- it failed. I then found a convert (under right mouse click when hovering over the movie in iTunes). It really does a conversion to ....m4v
After the conversion was done, no errors during the sync function.

will clone dvd mobile ever get the option to convert directly to m4v (as oppossed to mp4)?

new to ipod touch and really like the clone dvd mobile. I would recommen it to anyone else who has a desire to populate their device with backup copies of their dvd collection.
i did encounter a small error when trying to sync the mp4 to the ipod -- it failed. I then found a convert (under right mouse click when hovering over the movie in iTunes). It really does a conversion to ....m4v
After the conversion was done, no errors during the sync function.

will clone dvd mobile ever get the option to convert directly to m4v (as oppossed to mp4)?

I'd like to know as well. Thanks.

Fixed

Basically the first thing you have to do is put ur movies in list view...
it's in the top right hand side of itunes. Then right click on the movie you want and there should be an option about ipod touch and iphone. Click it. Then under playlists there should be something saying converting. If you click it it should show ur movie converting. Enjoy

Basically the first thing you have to do is put ur movies in list view...
it's in the top right hand side of itunes. Then right click on the movie you want and there should be an option about ipod touch and iphone. Click it. Then under playlists there should be something saying converting. If you click it it should show ur movie converting. Enjoy
This thread is over a year old since the last post - a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. Search and you will see there are many problems with latest version and the m4v syncing to iPod devices.

3 out of 3 failures

I just bought CloneDVD mobile and AnyDVD again (I was a user years ago and had great experiences). I have now tried to rip three different DVD's to my iPod Touch (Two Thomas the Tank Engine and Mary Poppins) and all three have failed with different error messages. I have even tried the program on two different PC's running two different Operating Systems.

Setup is:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.9)
OPTIARC DVD+-RW AD-7640A JD06 CN0K937C6886587903ZF
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1126022 sectors (2199 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SNOWEY_SURPRISE
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Clone DVD Mobile errors out once I execute with the following:

File 2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=0 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder=1:acodec=libfaac:vbitrate=758:abitrate=128:threads=2 -vf pp=fd,scale=426:320,crop=426:320:0:0,harddup -aspect 1.333333 -info name="SNOWEY_SURPRISE T1" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "C:\Users\D4Work64\Documents\output_T1.mp4" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

FFmpeg version from svn, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

NOTICE: This app contains changes made by SlySoft Inc. in compliance with GPL.
All changes are available as patches from http://oss.slysoft.com

This file was digitally signed by SlySoft Inc.

FFmpeg maintainers receive SlySoft products free of charge. If you're
interested then please contact us at support@slysoft.com

pipe:: Unknown format

Any / all help is appreciated.

I just bought CloneDVD mobile and AnyDVD again (I was a user years ago and had great experiences). I have now tried to rip three different DVD's to my iPod Touch (Two Thomas the Tank Engine and Mary Poppins) and all three have failed with different error messages. I have even tried the program on two different PC's running two different Operating Systems.

Setup is:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.9)
OPTIARC DVD+-RW AD-7640A JD06 CN0K937C6886587903ZF
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1126022 sectors (2199 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SNOWEY_SURPRISE
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Clone DVD Mobile errors out once I execute with the following:

File 2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=0 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder=1:acodec=libfaac:vbitrate=758:abitrate=128:threads=2 -vf pp=fd,scale=426:320,crop=426:320:0:0,harddup -aspect 1.333333 -info name="SNOWEY_SURPRISE T1" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "C:\Users\D4Work64\Documents\output_T1.mp4" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

FFmpeg version from svn, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

NOTICE: This app contains changes made by SlySoft Inc. in compliance with GPL.
All changes are available as patches from http://oss.slysoft.com

This file was digitally signed by SlySoft Inc.

FFmpeg maintainers receive SlySoft products free of charge. If you're
interested then please contact us at support@slysoft.com

pipe:: Unknown format

Any / all help is appreciated.

Make a new thread.
Do not expect an answer if you post in an existing thread.

Back