• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with Alien 3&4

Codeq

Hi,

i've got problems viewing the 2 DVDs Silver Packages of Alien - Resurraction, and Alien 3.

VLC 0.8.6c plays the vob content, but cripples after 1-2s of playback and repeats the last half second over and over again. (plays 2s than repeats the last half second, and so on) this behaviour only occures after several minutes within the movie not from the beginning on of that movie.
Therefore the audio content isnt synched anymore aswell.

turning the AI scanner off, makes the viewability slighty better, but it still laggs each 2 second, but doesnt repeat the frames. The audio still drifts away the longer the player run.

trying to convert the movie, with DivX pro 6.8 has the same result on the output divx file.

Im running the 30day trial version of anyDVD. are there restrictions to that version that dont allow movies to be decrypted?
i dunno if i should buy that software cause these DVDs are the first out of 4 DVDs i tryed to rip. The first 2 were Alien and Aliens but these worked as far as i can see.

yours Jan

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_ALIEN3_DISC_1.zip
    107.4 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_ALIEN_RESURRECTION_DISC_1.zip
    82.7 KB · Views: 2
turning the AI scanner off, makes the viewability slighty better

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
TSSTCORP DVD+-RW TS-L632D DE03 DE
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1777872 sectors (3472 MBytes)
Total size: 3500336 sectors (6836 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ALIEN3_DISC_1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

There's no protection on these discs (other than css). As such, turning the AI scanner on or off will not make any difference with respect to Anydvd decrypting the disc. There appears to be an issue with your playback software or something on your computer.

DRVMCDB (System32\Drivers\DRVMCDB.SYS), Version: 3.30.4.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.30.04a

DLACDBHM (System32\Drivers\DLACDBHM.SYS), Version: 5.20.1.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © 2004 Sonic Solutions
Description: Shared Driver Component
FileVersion: 5.20.01a

Dlacdbhm comes from Drive Letter Access, which is packet writing software. Packet writing software may conflict with a number of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (and I suggest not using the UDF format).

Uninstall Drive Letter Access, and ensure the two entries I quoted are no longer listed in your filters.

If you are unsure of how to do this properly, then follow these instructions:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "DLACDBHM". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "drvmcdb". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever program installed those filter will no longer work properly.

Im running the 30day trial version of anyDVD. are there restrictions to that version

Only with respect to having settings saved each time Anydvd is restarted . . .

Last edited:
Back