• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Netflix - red "lock" icon on right corner of some titles. Unable to download.

bchalker

Is this happening for anyone else. I've done an update to latest, but when I try to download it fails.

From log:
00:09:49.288 - [Notice] [netflix] Getting playlist for [TITLE]
00:09:49.438 - [Notice] [netflix] Request playlist
00:09:49.881 - [Debug] [License] updated: available 410, timeToNext 164

Please upload a logfile.

The free 21-day trial version of AnyStream is limited to approximately 10 downloads. You have a quota of 10 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every day. This amounts to a maximum of 31 downloads over the trial period of 21 days.

This is a licensed version of AS, though. I did a full quit of the program before updating. Attaching the log

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.8.0.astlog
    90.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 10.50.20 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 10.50.20 AM.png
    291 KB · Views: 8
Okay, your issue is easy, you need to update to the no advertisement version of NF. The same with Disney and MAX.

00:00:17.061 - [Nag] [MSL:netflix] code: ADS_UNAVAILABLE_VIEWABLE
00:00:17.061 - [Nag] [MSL:netflix] detail: manifest/playapi-PACS_UNAVAILABLE_VIEWABLE: AD_SUPPORTED_DENY (E3-BQFRAAELEEh5uXNdHKwCQ59ukCYL06

Are you using the MacOS version, or are you using Windows 10, I see references to both. Please give me the title that failed.

Upgraded Netflix and it did clear the locks (thx). Many movies are only showing download up to 960x540 now tho :-/

Upgraded Netflix and it did clear the locks (thx). The movies are only showing download up to 960x540 now tho :-/
Please do exactly as I tell you

Log out of Netflix in AnyStream
Close AnyStream - Important
Open AnyStream and log back in and if the program or movie you want to watch is in 1080p it will be so. Make sure you close AnyStream after logging out in AnyStream.

Did exactly as you mentioned.

Some movies show as 1080p, but all the Spider-Man and a variety of other new ones (Whiplash, Safehouse) only show 960x

Did exactly as you mentioned.

Some movies show as 1080p, but all the Spider-Man and a variety of other new ones only show 960x
That is exactly what they are being shown by Netflix. Netflix is only broadcasting those in that resolution.

You really should look around the forum and read some of the threads, it will help you enormously.

Here you can also do this.
People should check the movies in their browsers (Firefox or Chrome) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D while playing ...
some movies only play in 540p in different regions, so that's nothing AnyStream can fix. Make sure you are on Netflix in your browser not in AnyStream

Spiderman.jpg

Please let me know how you make out. I am here to help you along the way. Please do not hesitate to post again if you have an issue. ;)

Thanks on that. I will def check the forums out. So much of it seemed over my head but it's worth trying to understand it.

Thanks again

Thanks on that. I will def check the forums out. So much of it seemed over my head but it's worth trying to understand it.

Thanks again
As I said, that's why I am here. If you don't understand something, I will explain it. ;)

Hi, RedFox 1, are you saying that 960p format limitations from NF are due the maximum resolution offering at NF and not to do with the ability of AS to decrypt the higher resolution streams? I was under the impression that incremental updates to AS on the server side often addressed the resolution limitations. Is this not the case?

Hi, RedFox 1, are you saying that 960p format limitations from NF are due the maximum resolution offering at NF and not to do with the ability of AS to decrypt the higher resolution streams? I was under the impression that incremental updates to AS on the server side often addressed the resolution limitations. Is this not the case?

Exactly. You can see it yourself. Make sure you are in the Netflix browser, not in AnyStream.
People should check the movies in their browsers (Firefox or Chrome) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D while playing ...
some movies only play in 540p in different regions, so that's nothing AnyStream can fix. Make sure you are on Netflix in your browser not in AnyStream

Let me preface this by saying there are a few that should be in 1080p, we are working on those few. 99% of whats in 1080p is in 1080p.

Is this happening for anyone else. I've done an update to latest, but when I try to download it fails.

Per Netflix:
Netflix Ad-supported Plans

What titles are available
While the vast majority of TV shows and movies are available on an ad-supported plan, a small number are not due to licensing restrictions. These titles will appear with a lock icon when you search or browse Netflix.

You can see a full list of all the movies available with the ad-supported plan here (change to your country): https://www.justwatch.com/us/provider/netflix-basic-with-ads

Back