• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Good suggestion for SlySoft...

GreenSmudge

I woud like to be able to backup my movies and have the output option of "Media Center". Currently, I tried the output to MPEG4 but the ratio size was not great. I have seen movie trailer downloads that have looked fantastic when viewing on my media center extender (xbox 360).

In the long run, I want to have my movie library be accessible from my media extender. Now that HP, Cisco, LinkSys are coming out with products this Christmas where they will sell media extender aware components - it is becoming increasingly frustrating that I am not choosing the right options when putting my movies on my hard drive.

Currently, I just put them out as an ISO file and view them on my computer. However, eventually I would like to say, go to my TV, choose a movie from the media center and play it.

Now, I know how to output to an MPEG - but am I using the right format? Also, if they had an output type of "Media Center" (of course it could be MPEG - but for people who don't know what format to choose - it makes it easier to choose that) - and you could also have it ask what default language, audio, and whether captions should be on when doing the output.

Anyways, does anyone know the "right way" to have a DVD output to work with Media Center?

No, I don't want to mount my ISO file - because then I have to go to the computer, and mount it manually, then if I want to watch another movie, go back to the computer and mount that movie. I just want the movies available to choose from - right from Media Center.

Any suggestions are welcome.

=-GreenSmudge

I woud like to be able to backup my movies and have the output option of "Media Center". Currently, I tried the output to MPEG4 but the ratio size was not great. I have seen movie trailer downloads that have looked fantastic when viewing on my media center extender (xbox 360).

In the long run, I want to have my movie library be accessible from my media extender. Now that HP, Cisco, LinkSys are coming out with products this Christmas where they will sell media extender aware components - it is becoming increasingly frustrating that I am not choosing the right options when putting my movies on my hard drive.

Currently, I just put them out as an ISO file and view them on my computer. However, eventually I would like to say, go to my TV, choose a movie from the media center and play it.

Now, I know how to output to an MPEG - but am I using the right format? Also, if they had an output type of "Media Center" (of course it could be MPEG - but for people who don't know what format to choose - it makes it easier to choose that) - and you could also have it ask what default language, audio, and whether captions should be on when doing the output.

Anyways, does anyone know the "right way" to have a DVD output to work with Media Center?

No, I don't want to mount my ISO file - because then I have to go to the computer, and mount it manually, then if I want to watch another movie, go back to the computer and mount that movie. I just want the movies available to choose from - right from Media Center.

Any suggestions are welcome.

=-GreenSmudge

Kind of an old thread but the clear and concise questions are ones I still have. The previous "answer" in my humble opinion seems a little vague.

Back