• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Token Conservation and Reclamation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use 1 it will be refilled in 36 minutes. It will constantly be refilled until you reach 280 downloads in 7 days. What don't you understand about that? If you download 16 movies you will have 32 more downloads in approximately 8 hours. but you cant go over 100. It will replenish 180 at 1 every 36 minutes.
I am astounded that this is so hard to understand.

Okay, I thought you didnt understand. The max in 7 days is 280, that's where the 280 comes from, its simple math. You can have 100 different ways of saying it but in the end, you have 280 a week, that's where it comes from.

1. You start out with 100 tokens.
2. If you use one and wait 36 minutes you will have 100 again.
3. It is constantly replenishing the bucket every 36 minutes not to go over 100 until 280 is reached, but the original bucket is never actually gone. It's a bucket that is constantly refilling every 36 minutes until 280 is reached in 7 days.

It is probably confusing, because people keep talking about 280 downloads. That is really just marketing PR to sell people on what they can expect.

An easier way (or more precise, I guess) to explain it would be to say "your account generates 40 tokens every 24 hours, but you can't ever have more than 100 at one time".

*shrug*

Truthfully, and this thread only reinforces my opinion, people get really hung up on tokens, their token pool, etc. Probably for no good reason.

I think I've run 'out' of tokens like 2-3 times. And the first one didn't count, because I had incorrectly assumed that I started WITH 280 when I first got my licence key. Got halfway through a TV series before I ran out :p I'm not saying the way I use AS is the 'correct' way, but as I mostly download TV (not movies), I don't have the normal 'cushion' that folks who only download movies have.

And even with a heavier usage pattern, I seldom run out.
YMMV.

Last edited:
It is probably confusing, because people keep talking about 280 downloads. That is really just marketing PR to sell people on what they can expect.

An easier way to explain it would be to say "your account generates 40 tokens every 24 hours, but you can't ever have more than 100 at one time".

*shrug*

Truthfully, and this thread only reinforces my opinion, people get really hung up on tokes, their token pool, etc. Probably for no good reason.

I think I've run 'out' of tokens like 2-3 times. And the first one didn't count, because I had incorrectly assumed that I started WITH 280 when I first got my licence key. Got halfway through a TV series before I ran out :p I'm not saying the way I use AS is the 'correct' way, but as I mostly download TV (not movies), I don't have the normal 'cushion' that folks who only download movies have.

And even with a heavier usage pattern, I seldom run out.
YMMV.
Yes, that's another way of coming to the same end. The way it is now is fine. The few that are constantly making this difficult are wording it differently. Words won't give you any more downloads. You can expect 280 in one week. Which is plenty, for everyone but a few that like to make things difficult.

Limit should be by provider and not a total by program. With more and more providers being added and the ability to download from all providers at the same time this makes more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would that do? This way you have a choice of using them as you wish. Your way, it would only be more prohibitive. What if i want to use Netflix a lot this week, and Disney a lot next week? This way you can use them as you wish.

The rewatch it, it is always there on the provider.

Geez, extending the logic of that suggestion, there's absolutely no reason for AS to exist. What an absurd position from a moderator on a forum for a product whose sole reason to exist is to DL content.

Maybe thats YOUR sole reason, but it aint mine. It's main FUNCTION is to download content yes, but that's not the REASON. My reason is to indeed be able to re-watch content when i want, where i want and how i want. Without adds, and even after the streaming provider pulls the content (which happens regurarly).

What would that do? This way you have a choice of using them as you wish. Your way, it would only be more prohibitive. What if i want to use Netflix a lot this week, and Disney a lot next week? This way you can use them as you wish.

Isn't the purpose of the tokens to help prevent providers from limiting / throttling your account? If that's not the case, then the token limit is completely arbitrary and useless. If that is the case, then why should the amount of DL from one provider impact the number of DL for a different provider?

Tokens by provider be more prohibitive? Just a suggestion: maybe double-check your math.

Maybe thats YOUR sole reason, but it aint mine. It's main FUNCTION is to download content yes, but that's not the REASON. My reason is to indeed be able to re-watch content when i want, where i want and how i want. Without adds, and even after the streaming provider pulls the content (which happens regurarly).

Explain that to RedFox 1, the forum moderator, as he's the one suggesting you just go watch the content online at the provider's site.

Geez, extending the logic of that suggestion, there's absolutely no reason for AS to exist. What an absurd position from a moderator on a forum for a product whose sole reason to exist is to DL content.
My quote was days ago, and it was in reference to not being able to download something, so I said watch it on the provider, its really not nice to only quote one side of a conversation.;)

My quote was days ago, and it was in reference to not being able to download something, so I said watch it on the provider, its really not nice to only quote one side of a conversation.;)

Not my fucxing fault the forum software used here doesn't nest the quotes.
I have edited your post for foul language, do not use it again RF 1
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
:cry:
Isn't the purpose of the tokens to help prevent providers from limiting / throttling your account? If that's not the case, then the token limit is completely arbitrary and useless. If that is the case, then why should the amount of DL from one provider impact the number of DL for a different provider?

Tokens by provider be more prohibitive? Just a suggestion: maybe double-check your math.
You make no sense at all, I am done responding to you.:cry:

Last edited:

My reason is to download enough content to keep my family sane on an upcoming 2-3 year deployment to a country where they don't speak the language well enough to watch local TV. I'm 99% certain I won't have regular access to unrestricted internet that is fast enough to support more than basic browsing.

Plex server on a synology box is about 12" X 6" X 8". Easy to pack, and having all of the family's 'comfort' media on there goes a LONG way to helping smooth things out until everyone gets used to the new area.

My reason is to download enough content to keep my family sane on an upcoming 2-3 year deployment to a country where they don't speak the language well enough to watch local TV. I'm 99% certain I won't have regular access to unrestricted internet that is fast enough to support more than basic browsing.

Plex server on a synology box is about 12" X 6" X 8". Easy to pack, and having all of the family's 'comfort' media on there goes a LONG way to helping smooth things out until everyone gets used to the new area.
Bless you and stay safe on your deployment.

If the goal of the token system is to actually protect providers from banning users as has been stated, this is a poor solution. I would assume anyone who is using all of their tokens and running into the limit is doing so by downloading a bunch of stuff in a short time frame. Increasing the bucket so now someone is downloading 200 or 300 items one after another is going to look even more suspicious. But beyond that, I would imagine a bigger frustration for people hitting the download limit would be that it takes over half an hour to get another token just to do a single download and then they are waiting another half an hour for another download. Everyone keeps asking for batch downloading, you're going to wind up with a queue that only downloads 40 items a day regardless of whether the bucket has 100 or 1000 tokens. A much better solution would be to just lower the refresh rate for tokens to something like 5 minutes. It would only take a little over 8 hours versus 2.5 days now to refill completely, it would make batch downloading much faster, and someone streaming 1 title every 5 minutes is going to look a lot less suspicious to the provider than someone streaming 300 titles in 3 hours every few days.

I completely agree with you on this and, in fact, I'm for it. Batch TV Series downloading - IF EVER implemented along with the increasing number of supported AnyStream content providers will change everything.

I agree because if the number of tokens per week doesn't change, there will be less tokens per provider available. Eventually, you will have to ask yourself - is it worth subscribing to more than 3 or 4 content providers because of the monthly cost for what you are able to download per provider and eventually rationalizing the cost of purchasing AnyStream Pro itself. It's going to come down to personal choice and I'm not here to say what is right or wrong.

After being on this forum this long and reading what was said on this subject, I hope that I'm wrong but I don't believe that they will give us more tokens per week than we already get. That approach, I personally think, it is wrong but here we are. It's their project and they will do or not do what they want.

With that in mind.. What I want to support a compromise to keep more of the tokens that we already earned and haven't a chance to use (120 to 160 tokens instead of current 100 tokens). I'm thinking for the times we don't want to be attached-at-the-hip to our computers and when we need to be off-line for days like vacation, business, health, technical or a variety of other life reasons, etc..

At least it's a compromise and better than the limitations that we currently live under. It will allow us to build up a contingency reserve of tokens for those surprising moments when we find that a TV Series is going away in a few days. Hopefully, it will also satisfy the many on this forum that believe that we already get enough tokens per week..

Just my thoughts and for what it's worth..
I'm done.

RedFox 1 - everyone understands. It is that the people making noise think it's their right to get unlimited downloads. By now, I would think you and others realize that these same people will never be satisfied even if you opened up the limits. If I was RedFox management, I would see this as all the more reason to not increase the token limit but rather tighten it up. I have read no use-case scenario where one "has to" download more than the current limit. And if you really have to, just buy another license.

:thankyou:
RedFox 1 - everyone understands. It is that the people making noise think it's their right to get unlimited downloads. By now, I would think you and others realize that these same people will never be satisfied even if you opened up the limits. If I was RedFox management, I would see this as all the more reason to not increase the token limit but rather tighten it up. I have read no use-case scenario where one "has to" download more than the current limit. And if you really have to, just buy another license.
Thank you HAMsmoke. :bowdown: 4x280=1120 downloads a month. :rockingchair:

How can having the same number of tokens per provider be more prohibitive than one that is shared? With 5 current providers - 280 / 5 = 56 per provider vs 280 per provider. As the number of providers goes up then it only get worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back