• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping speed

Aeneas72

Ripping of this disc works, but seems quite slow to me, average speed ca. 8,9 MB/s, it takes around two hours to finish...

See logfile, have I done anything wrong?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.3.1_Info_E_SAN_ANDREAS_213AE757.ziplog
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
2 hours? You're lucky. It takes me 12 - 16 hours to copy a blu ray to a BD-R/BD-R DL disc.

Possibly the drive might be having issues reading the disc which results in lowering the read speed. The ASUS BW-16D1HT is a speedy drive. If the slow speed only happens with San Andreas then I'd look more closely at that particular disc.

Possibly the drive might be having issues reading the disc which results in lowering the read speed. The ASUS BW-16D1HT is a speedy drive. If the slow speed only happens with San Andreas then I'd look more closely at that particular disc.

So far I have ripped four UHDs, and the speed always was about 8,95 MB/sec...

So far I have ripped four UHDs, and the speed always was about 8,95 MB/sec...

Any way of testing that drive on another system? If it happens with all discs then the slowness is either the drive or something system-specific.

Any way of testing that drive on another system? If it happens with all discs then the slowness is either the drive or something system-specific.

Therefore I have posted the log - and unfortunately, I do not have another PC...

Any ideas from the log?

Nothing stands out to me from your logs. I own two ASUS BW-16D1HT drives. Speeds reach 30+ MB/s. Neither one exhibits issues with slow speeds.

Maybe someone else can offer input.

That would be great, guys!

@ James, Pete?

I am not sure if this will help but have you checked to see if the disc needs cleaned and cleaning the disc? Also maybe the burning lens could be dirty and running a disc drive cleaner. Also before burning check to make sure the burn speed for the disc drive and or burning software is set to the correct speed. When burning I always check the disc burning speed and make sure that it burns at the speed specified by the blank disc. I have not burnt Blu-Ray or UHD discs so I do not know if that matters like with blank DVD discs do sometimes. I am not sure if any of this would help if not maybe there is someone else that can shed some light on the slow burning speed issue you are having.

My Copy speed usually is up around 25-30 mb range. I rip my movies through MyMovies and have run into speed issues in the past and what I discovered is that mymovies had the dashboard side automatically copy the movies which for some reason does not work very well on my system and I tried to copy it manually through the collection management side. Also check your drive I have had drives that start to go out behave this way

Back