• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one you create for it. That said, as mentioned uhd support at this time is experimental and logfiles are not yet requested. Your only option is to wait at the moment and hope the disc will work at a later date

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

I don't believe it for a second. The reputation of RedFox wood be severely damaged if not ruined. I'm also waiting on valid proof of such an accusation to back up that claim.
@ddjmagic Mike actually did say that and I am extremely disappointed , he knows better , I guess he is just jealous that we have a way of our own now. Some people just cant handle the fact that we are the best.

I don't really know what to believe. Mike seems to be pretty adamant about it and unless I missed it no RedFox developers have come forward to dispute the claims.
Usually RedFox are pretty quick to respond and protect their reputation, so the silence is unsettling :(

Everyone can be adamant about something. Doesn't mean it's true. HE'S the one doing the accusing, it's up to HIM to provide proof of that. I don't believe it for a second, and as has been said here multiple times. If RedFox is doing it, then how come multiple users report that AnyDVD is able to do titles that MakeMKV isn't able to? Explain that...

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

If RedFox is doing it, then how come multiple users report that AnyDVD is able to do titles that MakeMKV isn't able to? Explain that...
IMHO, the bolded part is all that really needs to be said on the matter. If the situation were the other way around, where MakeMKV could rip titles that AnyDVD can't rip, then the situation might be different. It's possible that Mike was referencing the initial AnyDVD implementation that could import and make use of the leaked keys, but only he can clarify what he wrote and I would encourage him to do so (I had been considering finally making a donation to MakeMKV, but may reconsider that depending on how this shakes out). I'm just happy there are solutions for ripping UHD Blurays.

We have more class than that. Why should anyone have to come down to his level and even dispute it, if that's what you want to believe go ahead. I have more important things on my mind than what some jealous insignificant small time developer has to say. If it bothers you so much ask Mike. He is the one that wants all the glory. Did he discover the friendly drives, no, did he use the VUKs that were out there on the net. You have to ask him. I am done with this crap. I used to respect him, but thats gone.
I take all of this BS with a grain of salt that said Redfox has always been the best product out there and I will keep on using it and supporting the new project.

Can mikes program decrypt a UHD movie on the fly..NO or make an Iso..NO, this is a no brainer for me I use Redfox to process my UHD movies case closed for me.

MakeMKV just became a obsolete IMHO.

Redfox and the developers Rock!!(y)(y)

<SARCASM>

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids."

</SARCASM>

In all seriousness, however, unsubstantiated allegations are exactly that; unsubstantiated allegations. I said my peace over at Myce and will leave it at that.

NOTE: To any numbskulls out there... Do not selectively paraphrase my comment so that my sarcastic Scooby-Doo quote is made out to be an acknowledgement of any wrong-doing.

Last edited:
I apologize if these questions were answered here and I did not see them. I read through this thread but am still a bit confused:

1. originally I needed to create a file with keys and place it in a directory for AnyDVD to process, is that no longer the case?
2. Do I need to know the key ahead of time anymore?
3. Is there a documented list of supported discs?

Ooh did you DLAD, post link please ^^. Me wanna read your venting :p

Are there some examples of this that could be posted? Curious myself.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-status.74435/page-25#post-483980 is just one of them. Former moderator too, i'll take his word over mike's

I apologize if these questions were answered here and I did not see them. I read through this thread but am still a bit confused:

1. originally I needed to create a file with keys and place it in a directory for AnyDVD to process, is that no longer the case?
2. Do I need to know the key ahead of time anymore?
3. Is there a documented list of supported discs?

1. Correct, obsolete. That setting in AnyDVD has been removed too. So you couldn't add it even if you wanted too
2. No, though if a title doesn't work you will need to have some patience. UHD support is experimental at this stage
3. Not on these forums

Last edited:

https://club.myce.com/t/anydvd-uhd-key-source/400522/3?u=drinklyeanddie

No venting. Simply a reasoned response.

For those too lazy to follow the link:

This comment is a general one and not directed at you specifically, Balthazar2k4...

Pretty big claim but is there actually any proof? It's really not that hard to believe that they could be independently handling things simultaneously. It would not be the first time it happened. After Arusoft releases their software other developers start digging into things and find holes. People sending info, data, logs for the same discs to both developers at the same time. It's not shocking that support for discs would be timed similarly. It's not like RedFox developers never managed to find a way around AACS 1.0, BD+, Cinavia, etc. They aren't bumbling fools. Could Arusoft make the claim that Mike Chen stole ideas and such from them? You see where I'm going with this? This story is a nice headline but can it be substantiated? Yes, I'm asking a valid and legit question here.

I've been a supporter of Mike Chen & MakeMKV for a long long time but I'm disappointed in the approach to this "situation" and the way the accusations have been tossed out. Now, I already know that some people will automatically say that since I used to be a Moderator for Slysoft - an unpaid volunteer, at that! - that I cannot possibly be unbiased. Bulls--t. You don't know me and I would be questioning this if it was Mike Chen making the claims against DVDFab. I am a very strong believer in logic, facts, proof, evidence, etc.

Hah nice one, and they still argue your point. BTW: https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17104&p=60904&hilit=anydvd+uhd+key#p60904 Last post, that's a joke. "Probably just a bad setup with hashed key". Yeah sure, redfox developers are incapable fools that don't know the decrypting business.

And i'm santa clause!

I saw that sometime yesterday or last night. It was a deflection. Blaming the user. Ahem. Not impressed. Nonetheless, the big picture here is that brouhahas like this do no one any good. The goal is Fair Use and protecting our investments. Instead this is infighting. Waste of time and energy.

I saw that sometime yesterday or last night. It was a deflection. Blaming the user. Ahem. Not impressed. Nonetheless, the big picture here is that brouhahas like this do no one any good. The goal is Fair Use and protecting our investments. Instead this is infighting. Waste of time and energy.

Yup. Now to that end (the following is not meant as yelling, but merely to make it extra visible / clear):

<Mod hat on>
UNLESS ANYONE CAN PROVIDE VALID PROOF TO THE ACCUSATIONS MADE BY THE MAKEMKV DEVELOPER TOWARDS REDFOX STAFF AND AnyDVD's UHD SUPPORT POSTS TO THAT END ARE NO LONGER WELCOME. THOSE "DEBATE's" ARE CLOSED. FURTHER POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT WITHOUT VALID PROOF WILL GET DELETED!<mod hat off>

Now back on topic please!

If RedFox is doing it, then how come multiple users report that AnyDVD is able to do titles that MakeMKV isn't able to? Explain that...

I wasn't aware there were any titles like that, you're right that does prove RedFox isn't reliant on MakeMKV hashed keys.

We have more class than that. Why should anyone have to come down to his level and even dispute it, if that's what you want to believe go ahead.

I see your point but I think not responding actually looked worse IMO.

I used to respect him, but thats gone.

Me too, shame on him. I won't be supporting MakeMKV in the future.

Sorry mods - just wanted to respond before this goes back on topic :)

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-status.74435/page-25#post-483980 is just one of them. Former moderator too, i'll take his word over mike's

1. Correct, obsolete. That setting in AnyDVD has been removed too. So you couldn't add it even if you wanted too
2. No, though if a title doesn't work you will need to have some patience. UHD support is experimental at this stage
3. Not on these forums

Thanks for the quick reply. Where may I find the list of supported UHD discs?

Nowhere as there isn't such a public list. There's only one place with supported titles and that's the OPD, where only RedFox staff has access to those servers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back