• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blades of glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't turn in your resume just yet...

It's not region specific because DVDneXT Copy backs it up fine with AnyDVD and DVDneXT Copy, according to their manual it is region free...it's so region free that in the new versions they don't even give the option of a region anymore because that's what 99.99% of the people used anyway. So it's not region coded related. Plus a few others have had luck and even some could get the movie alone using Nero.

From the 2-3 years I've used Any/Clone I have seen false info put into dvds only a few times from what I remember. Also in neXT Copy, all I had to do was remove the <> from the title box of the movie, as they instructed. Weird.

I'm no expert and I'm definitely no programmer (don't have the patience) but just using logic. If it were Region Code related that bad, it should affect the other apps. too. They'll have a fix here soon. They always do! :bowdown:

Damn my fun was short lived :) lol. What I was basically saying is that its possible that this RCE issue could only be related to Slysoft's software as each decrypter has various ways of doing the same job. Its not hard for RCE to be enforced yet appear as RCE free on software - they just tweak the RCE algorithm to give a false answer. So you insert a Region 1 DVD copy which is region free into a dvd player which is region encoded, the player detects there is no RCE coding and the protection does its trick, and presto - playback issues.

According to Slysoft all copies are region free as well, but if RCE has been updated / forced on new Paramount DVD's it may only conflict with Slysoft's software - its possible. From what I remember the false info is rare, but it looks like Paramount maybe ramping its popularity up.

Rodney

Damn my fun was short lived :) lol. What I was basically saying is that its possible that this RCE issue could only be related to Slysoft's software as each decrypter has various ways of doing the same job. Its not hard for RCE to be enforced yet appear as RCE free on software - they just tweak the RCE algorithm to give a false answer. So you insert a Region 1 DVD copy which is region free into a dvd player which is region encoded, the player detects there is no RCE coding and the protection does its trick, and presto - playback issues.

According to Slysoft all copies are region free as well, but if RCE has been updated / forced on new Paramount DVD's it may only conflict with Slysoft's software - its possible. From what I remember the false info is rare, but it looks like Paramount maybe ramping its popularity up.

Rodney

I used anydvd with Next Copy so it's nothing like that. DNC doesn't have the ripper included just like CloneDVD2.

Same problem with Year of the Dog

Blades of Glory, Year of the dog were released this week... same problem; downloaded latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, rebooted, did same on desktop as with the laptop stayed up late last night same problem and checked for newer versions this morning for both softwares no luck. Soon for me will be hopefully today! Until now, Slysoft has been on top of these codes so not sure what happened. I

The Lookout? Haven't heard about a problem, so it is probably something else. It would be wise to open a new thread and state exactly what problem you have (the "same problem" says nothing, sorry).

Here's the thread I opened up for the LOOKOUT.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=6872

It seems I got similar responses and a similar situation... where it seemed to be working just fine until it hit the end of encoding.

It seems both movies had ghost movies on the disc that throw off the scanning. Which is why, it seems if you seperate the ACTUAL movie and REAUTHOR the disc... it seems to work. I'm not an expert... just saying what I experienced.

Blades of Glory, Year of the dog were released this week... same problem; downloaded latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, rebooted, did same on desktop as with the laptop stayed up late last night same problem and checked for newer versions this morning for both softwares no luck. Soon for me will be hopefully today! Until now, Slysoft has been on top of these codes so not sure what happened. I

I didnt have that problem with year of the dog. It copyed fine for me. But I did have a problem with Blades Of Glory, just like everyone else.

I am very new. About 5 minutes. I read through this forum last night and tried various methods to copy this film. I removed the <> and made 2 sucessful copies but neither could be played on any of my home DVD players, but would play on my PC. I then tried another method and burned a copy that was viewable on my home DVD player but it had no sound?
Any ideas on either topic?

Wayne

I am very new. About 5 minutes. I read through this forum last night and tried various methods to copy this film. I removed the <> and made 2 sucessful copies but neither could be played on any of my home DVD players, but would play on my PC. I then tried another method and burned a copy that was viewable on my home DVD player but it had no sound?

Wayne

What other programs?

Sorry...I am new :)...be gentle

I tried reauthoring in DVD Shrink 3.2 and made the output file my blank dvd and that worked, but I can not view on my home DVD sysytem. I them used Ripit4me and took out the <> and then used DVD Decrypter and Shrink and got a copy with no sound. I hope that makes sense.

Wayne

Your problem sounds more like a media compatibility problem than a software problem. Using cheap media will very often result in problems when playing back on a home player.
If you want to copy blades, before Slysoft gets their fix out, see the Third Party Products thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back