• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Intel G33 Chipset Issues with HDDVD Playback

Zacros

Hi all,

I have the following system:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H (Intel GMA 3100 onboard gfx)
CPU: C2D 4400
RAM: 2GB

It's hooked up via HDMI to an HDCP compliant Sony KDL-40X2000 LCD TV. I have PowerDVD 7.3 installed, latest drivers for everything and AnyDVD HD.

When I load PowerDVD, it states that I have an "Incompatible Graphics Driver". The chipset itself is supposedly working with PowerDVD according to their press release, and Intel has stated that they have not heard of this issue.

Can anyone help please as I'm pulling my hair out right now trying to fix this problem!!

Thanks!
Chris

From the giga-byte manual
Due to an Intel G33 graphics driver limitation, the GA-G33M-S2H does not currently support
Blu-ray/ HD DVD format playback. Once released, full driver support from Intel will be updated
on the GIGABYTE website.
Also the PCI express 16 slot on this motherboard only runs at 4x so any card you get won't be running at it's full speed

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have the following system:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H (Intel GMA 3100 onboard gfx)
CPU: C2D 4400
RAM: 2GB

It's hooked up via HDMI to an HDCP compliant Sony KDL-40X2000 LCD TV. I have PowerDVD 7.3 installed, latest drivers for everything and AnyDVD HD.

When I load PowerDVD, it states that I have an "Incompatible Graphics Driver". The chipset itself is supposedly working with PowerDVD according to their press release, and Intel has stated that they have not heard of this issue.

Can anyone help please as I'm pulling my hair out right now trying to fix this problem!!

Thanks!
Chris

Hi Chris,

I have not seen on the Cyberlink website that they support the G33 onboard video. Please tell me where you found it.

Playback does work with PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 using an Intel DG33TL motherboard, bios 267, an Intel Core2 Q6600 processor, and an evga 8800GTX graphics card. Playback stutters at first but if you hit pause then play again it no longer does so.

CPU use is about 30% accross all processors. This seems to confirm that the PCI Express bus is only running at 4x. I hope they update the bios soon.

roog

PowerDVD doesn't like integrated graphics cards.....

The only version that will most likely work is the old PowerDVD 6.5 that didn't have the graphics card check but also won't work on about 1/3 of the HD-DVD's out there. 7.1 and 7.3 work on everything but they have the graphics card check that can't be turned off. You can find the old 6.5 version floating around certain websites.

Back