• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Webslinger - "Best way to burn" Question

Cadaver

Sorry if this is a really, really basic question, but . . .

I have the trial copy of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I have only one DVD drive. Reading thru a CDFreaks guide on AnyDVD, I've been: (1) inserting the original DVD into the DVD drive; (2) using AD to rip the original DVD to my hard drive; (3) when AD is finished, I remove the original DVD from the DVD drive; (4) insert blank DVD media into the DVD drive; (5) open CD2; (6) find the Video_TS file on my hardrive; (7) make selections in CD2; (8) burn back-up to blank DVD using CD2.

This works great, btw!!:bowdown:

But, reading your "Best Way" sticky, I'm probably taking some extra steps I don't need to (i.e., ripping to the hard drive). I guess I've been under the impression that to do what is described in your sticky at #1 and #2(especially #2), you'd need two separate DVD drives - one for the original DVD (e.g. E: drive); one for the blank DVD media (e.g. F: drive) - so that you're "reading" the original in E: sending the info through CD2 onto F: to write the DVE. It appears my "assumption" is incorrect. I *can* use the same drive for both the original DVD and the blank DVD media without ripping to my hard drive first, is that correct??? If so, it's just not clear - to me at least - how/where/when this is done.

So, basic (stupid) question time, at what point in the AD or CD2 process would I eject the original DVD from my DVD drive and insert the blank DVD media to which I want to copy??

Sorry if this is a really, really basic question, but . . .

I have the trial copy of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I have only one DVD drive. Reading thru a CDFreaks guide on AnyDVD, I've been: (1) inserting the original DVD into the DVD drive; (2) using AD to rip the original DVD to my hard drive; (3) when AD is finished, I remove the original DVD from the DVD drive; (4) insert blank DVD media into the DVD drive; (5) open CD2; (6) find the Video_TS file on my hardrive; (7) make selections in CD2; (8) burn back-up to blank DVD using CD2.

This works great, btw!!:bowdown:

But, reading your "Best Way" sticky, I'm probably taking some extra steps I don't need to (i.e., ripping to the hard drive). I guess I've been under the impression that to do what is described in your sticky at #1 and #2(especially #2), you'd need two separate DVD drives - one for the original DVD (e.g. E: drive); one for the blank DVD media (e.g. F: drive) - so that you're "reading" the original in E: sending the info through CD2 onto F: to write the DVE. It appears my "assumption" is incorrect. I *can* use the same drive for both the original DVD and the blank DVD media without ripping to my hard drive first, is that correct??? If so, it's just not clear - to me at least - how/where/when this is done.

So, basic (stupid) question time, at what point in the AD or CD2 process would I eject the original DVD from my DVD drive and insert the blank DVD media to which I want to copy??

It should prompted you to insert a blank if I'm right been forever since I have used just one drive.

I *can* use the same drive for both the original DVD and the blank DVD media without ripping to my hard drive first, is that correct???

Yes

Charlie is correct. CD2 will automatically eject the original disc and prompt you to insert a blank.

Webslinger & Charlie:

Thank you.

Again, AnyDVD and DVDClone2 rock!

Back