• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

powerdvd 16.0.1713.60 cinavia on dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy crap. Your right. Just got a little info on that just a bit ago. Thats crazy of them not to.

You need to work on editing your existing posts or replying to specific posts. This board has a lot more capability than you're using. :)
-W

I get it. I was just giving you a heads up.
There are people here "less forgiving than I am"
(Yes, that was a nerdy Star Wars reference)
-W

wow and thanks. That was easy lol. loose quilaty and sound but be able to play it. Again thanks for your help and reply. appreciated
I am curious how you think you are losing "quality and sound" by playing a DVD on an upscaling DVD player versus a Bluray player?

@Clams elby could add cinavia removal yes to CloneDVD and CloneBD, but they're never going to for a simple reason. That would qualify as removing a copy protection mechanism and would make it just as 'illegal' as anydvd. It's not going to happen. If cinavia removal is going to be added, it's going to be through anydvd like it does now with CloneBD.

@Clams elby could add cinavia removal yes to CloneDVD and CloneBD, but they're never going to for a simple reason. That would qualify as removing a copy protection mechanism and would make it just as 'illegal' as anydvd. It's not going to happen. If cinavia removal is going to be added, it's going to be through anydvd like it does now with CloneBD.

If AnyDVD can remove Cinavia on a BD - it could do it on a DVD with very little modification - because a soundtrack, is a soundtrack, is a soundtrack.
As I understand it, CloneBD has "the tools" to allow AnyDVD to actually remove the cinavia signal - or at least flag it for removal with CloneBD.
-W

You understand wrong. There are no tools in CloneBD that allow anydvd to do anything. CloneBD doesn't remove it, it's anydvd that taps INTO cloneBD to remove the signal through CloneBD. CloneBD doesn't know or care anydvd does this and just continues to downscale the audio. If CloneBD could remove the signal there would be no need for that anydvd setting would there (check the setting name and the tooltip for the bottom program setting).

It works like this (as i've said a few times already in multiple topics):

You enable the anydvd setting "Remove cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream during copy", In CloneBD's screen before you hit go you activate "downscale audio" and click Go. AnyDVD sees that the "remove" setting is enabled, AND that in CloneBD the "downscale audio" option is enabled. Those 2 conditions together tell AnyDVD "hey, this person wants to remove cinavia", and AnyDVD hooks into the audio encoding process of CloneBD and applies the removal fix. CloneBD doesn't know this is happening, all it knows is you've told it to downscale the audio and that's what it does.

As to it being "easy" to do it for DVD's, i'm not going to make any judgement on that. If it was as easy as you say it is, it probably would have been added into anydvd by now.

OK let me re-phrase that.
I know that (by law) AnyDVD has to be doing the "heavy lifting" regarding Cinavia removal on BD.
But we all know that CloneBD was designed to be a "willing partner" to AnyDVD in this regard too.
AnyDVD can "see" the settings in CloneBD, and can hook into CloneBD (by the program's design) to do the deeds.
(cue up AC/DC parody "Dirty Deeds Done to Sheep" here..... LOL)
But anyway.....
It remains that with Cinavia being "on the rise" in regular DVD's - that CloneDVD needs to step up to that same plate too.
By easy - I mean "relatively easy". Because the 5.1 audio tracks are similar enough to not take a rocket scientist to adapt.
AnyDVD adapts on an almost daily basis to new technology. CloneDVD not so much....

-W

CloneBD a willing parter? Designed that way? Proof please.

CloneDVD doesn't need to adapt, CloneDVD works perfect as it is. It has been said by elby in te past that barring major compatibility issues (like there were with win10 when it first came out) there will be no more CDVD updates. at all. As to the 5.1 being similar enough, sais who? You don't know that, or how anydvd does it's thing.

The only thing i'll agree on is that cinavia on DVD's is becoming more common. That's the only thing i'll say about that.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/slysoft-cinavia-removal-from-dvd-and-blu-ray.62891/

The above thread kinda chronicles the "Change of Plans" for CloneBD.
CloneBD was origionally planned to include Cinavia removal as part of the long discussed design.
Later, it was decided that CloneBD should have "100% legal" status.
Instead of the "plug-in" module discussed in the above thread, it was finally decided that AnyDVD itself was to the "plug-in" to allow Cinavia removal via CloneBD.
Hard proof?
There better not be any proof - because that puts CloneBD in a strange and dangerous position.
But those of us that were here to see this all unfold via dozens of discussions, well remember the planned Cinavia removal function of CloneBD getting "moved" to AnyDVD for the final design.
This to avoid any legal exposure for Elby and thwart attacks and challenges to the legality of CloneBD.

-W

Just because they changed their mind on that does not mean they instead designed things that way for anydvd. Your jumping to conclusions.

It's common sense. Otherwise you could use it with other programs that did a downconvert of the audio as well. But you cannot. And if it wasn't a willing partner. Why in the settings of AnyDVDHD does it specifically say what it does with cloneBD.
You can't do one without the other.

That's not the point. My point is, it may very well be that way but not you or me or anyone but the developers know that. We have to access to the source code. That's what I meant with no proof.

We don't know if they did give anydvd easy access. Until proven otherwise, it's 'anydvd hacks info CloneBD audio processing'.

OK let me re-phrase that.
I know that (by law) AnyDVD has to be doing the "heavy lifting" regarding Cinavia removal on BD.
But we all know that CloneBD was designed to be a "willing partner" to AnyDVD in this regard too.
AnyDVD can "see" the settings in CloneBD, and can hook into CloneBD (by the program's design) to do the deeds.
(cue up AC/DC parody "Dirty Deeds Done to Sheep" here..... LOL)
I see. So Cyberlink PowerDVD, ArcSoft TMT, Nero whatever it is called player and WinDVD are all "willing partners". They will be surprised to hear that.

And if it wasn't a willing partner. Why in the settings of AnyDVDHD does it specifically say what it does with cloneBD.
You can't do one without the other.
Why do the settings mention ArcSoft TMT, Cyberlink PowerDVD ...? All willing partners... :rolleyes:
CloneBD is mentioned in the settings, because we decided to hack into CloneBD.
Why? Well, what else should we hack into? Some DVDFab program? Some chinese Blu-copy-thing?

Last edited:
If AnyDVD can remove Cinavia on a BD - it could do it on a DVD with very little modification - because a soundtrack, is a soundtrack, is a soundtrack.
As I understand it, CloneBD has "the tools" to allow AnyDVD to actually remove the cinavia signal - or at least flag it for removal with CloneBD.
-W
CloneBD unfortunately doesn't flag anything. That's why you have to manually tell AnyDVD to remove Cinavia or not.
The problem is, that CloneDVD doesn't decode / encode the audio. AnyDVD currently can only process decoded sound.

Why do the settings mention ArcSoft TMT, Cyberlink PowerDVD ...? All willing partners... :rolleyes:
CloneBD is mentioned in the settings, because we decided to hack into CloneBD.
Why? Well, what else should we hack into? Some DVDFab program? Some chinese Blu-copy-thing?
I was specifically talking about the removal fix. And not the player fix I know that is done without their knowledge or permission. And no I would never want you to do anything with any of those Chinese knockoff's but there are other programs that it could be useful with like cloneDVD or mobile when the new engine is released. But at the end of the day its up to you and the rest of the team. Also this doesn't effect me because I use players that don't detect it . Thanks for the reply James that means alot when you, Pete, Ivan, and a few others actually reply to the community. If for nothing else but to clear up things. You input is worth more than your weight in gold IMHO anyway.

Now that we're on the subject @James, any chance you could "hack" into CloneDVD by any chance for a upcoming version. At least that way they'd have basic support. Though i wonder how it would work, since CDVD doesn't have downscaling options.

Now that we're on the subject @James, any chance you could "hack" into CloneDVD by any chance for a upcoming version. At least that way they'd have basic support. Though i wonder how it would work, since CDVD doesn't have downscaling options.
Hey Chev he kinda answered that here as to why it doesn't have support .
CloneBD unfortunately doesn't flag anything. That's why you have to manually tell AnyDVD to remove Cinavia or not.
The problem is, that CloneDVD doesn't decode / encode the audio. AnyDVD currently can only process decoded sound.
So I'm guessing that it will have to be when the new mobile engine is ready and the NEW RedFox CloneDVDmobile gets released before it can/might happen. Which in my opinion is fine. That way a tried and true program (cloneDVD) will still work as expected. And we can work all those bugs out over there on CloneDVDmobile. IMHO anyway.

Last edited:
Just because CloneDVDMobile gets a new engine, doesnt mean CloneDVD will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back