• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Cinavia Removal from DVD and Blu-ray

My Life Is Tech

Is there any news on when and if SlySoft will be able to remove Cinavia from Blu-ray discs? Are they still working on it? :confused: Also I would like to know how exactly they go about removing Cinavia, it would be quite interesting to see their approach to such a robust copy protection. Hopefully their method will be lossless, unlike the rest of those methods out there. :agree:

DVDFab came out with a good idea with a protected BDMV-REC disc, but from what I've heard, most Blu-ray Players don't allow this kind of disc. :disagree: Not to mention the BD-ROM Mark needed to decrypt the AACS protection. Maybe SlySoft can come up with something similar, but while still keeping all of the menus, extras, 3D, and BD-live, and not affecting the audio quality.

Also, when and if they come out with a method to remove it, it would be nice if they would add the Cinavia removal into CloneDVD as well. Some DVDs also contain Cinavia. While most DVD players may not detect it, if you play the DVD in a Cinavia-Compliant Blu-ray Player, it will be detected on a DVD as well. Same with game consoles such as the PS3 with updated firmware.

Hopefully SlySoft will figure this all out and come up with a future-proof method. :agree:

Last edited:
There is no word as they've always said that if they managed to do it it would come in later into CloneBD. Slysoft rarely give time frames as it then leads to people complaining if they miss them. If and when they do manage it I doubt they will give away their technique as that would then leave it open for everyone to copy it.

At the moment they need to get the main program up and running properly first, then they can concentrate on Cinavia

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply Adbear. I do hope however that if and when they do have Cinavia removal, that they will add it into CloneDVD or add the ability to copy DVDs in CloneBD as well to remove Cinavia from infected DVDs. This would be a must-have feature for me.

Also I hope that when they get a good stable release, and have CloneBD on a timed trial version that they'll get rid of the watermark. For me this is intolerable in the trial version. And I want to know exactly how my video is going to look in the trial before I spend a hundred dollars on the whole thing. I really hope they don't get restrictive like this like those "other" software companies are. That's what I love about SlySoft.

Removal of Cinavia from DVD's

...if they managed to do it it would come in later into CloneBD.

I was blindsided by Cinavia when I copied the non Blu-ray DVD for Dracula Untold and then
tried to watch it on my new Blu-ray player. Is it your understanding that if SlySoft manages
to find a work around for Cinavia encrypted disc's it won't be a feature on AnyDVD?

Also are all non Blu-ray players free of Cinavia protected chips?

Is it your understanding that if SlySoft manages
to find a work around for Cinavia encrypted disc's it won't be a feature on AnyDVD?

Also are all non Blu-ray players free of Cinavia protected chips?

Yes and yes.

It won't be a feature in cloneBD. That was changed recently, clonebd is a 100% legal application and adding cinavia removal would change that status. It is unknown atm of it will become part of anydvd or an add-on tool.

About the players it's exactly the opposite. ALL PLAYERS that were licensed for playback AFTER FEB 1ST 2012, are REQUIRED to detect cinavia. It's part of the bluray standard. Models that were licensed BEFORE that date do not have to detect it. The important word here is 'LICENSED', it does not mean sold or manufactured.

If you can find a model from before that date today on 2nd hand or something, it still wouldn't need to detect it. As the player was licensed before the mandatory date.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It is unknown atm of it will become part of anydvd or an add-on tool.
In the post above yours, James said it would not be part pf AnyDVD.

About the players it's exactly the opposite. ALL PLAYERS that were licensed for playback AFTER FEB 1ST 2012, are REQUIRED to detect cinavia. It's part of the bluray standard. Models that were licensed BEFORE that date do not have to detect it. The important word here is 'LICENSED', it does not mean sold or manufactured.

If you can find a model from before that date today on 2nd hand or something, it still wouldn't need to detect it. As the player was licensed before the mandatory date.

The person you were replying to said all non Bluray players, so they were correct.

... ALL PLAYERS that were licensed for playback AFTER FEB 1ST 2012, are REQUIRED to detect cinavia. QUOTE]

I believe you are speaking about ALL Blu-ray players? I am thinking about just going out and buying a new non Blu-ray player
so I don't have to deal with this.

... ALL PLAYERS that were licensed for playback AFTER FEB 1ST 2012, are REQUIRED to detect cinavia. QUOTE]

I believe you are speaking about ALL Blu-ray players? I am thinking about just going out and buying a new non Blu-ray player
so I don't have to deal with this.

Correct. (as I said...)

Im still a bit confused James.

Can you clarify:

As far as I understood, Cinavia removal was never going to part of ANYDVD for obvious reasons.

Also, I had always been led to believe that if/when a solution to the watermark was found then you would implement it in CloneBD.
Is this no longer the case.

I already said answered that question.

It won't be a feature in cloneBD. That was changed recently, clonebd is a 100% legal application and adding cinavia removal would change that status. It is unknown atm of it will become part of anydvd or an add-on tool.

True, but atanac asked the same question just a few posts before yours in this very topic. That's all.

True, but atanac asked the same question just a few posts before yours in this very topic. That's all.

I want clarification from James.
Is that too much to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suite yourself, he's going to say the same thing as other slysoft reps have done. Adding cinavia removal to cloneBD would nullify it's 100% legal status. It's not going to happen. But fine, don't believe me

Suite yourself, he's going to say the same thing as other slysoft reps have done. Adding cinavia removal to cloneBD would nullify it's 100% legal status. It's not going to happen. But fine, don't believe me

As far as I can make out, the answer James gave was regarding ANYDVD not CloneBD.
Ch3vr0n, you said it wont be part of CloneDB,
Quote from you: It won't be a feature in cloneBD. That was changed recently, clonebd is a 100% legal application and adding cinavia removal would change that status.

I would like clarification.

And so I repeat

James, as far as I understood, Cinavia removal was never going to part of ANYDVD for obvious reasons.

Also, I had always been led to believe that if/when a solution to the watermark was found then you would implement it in CloneBD.

I would like clarification.

And so I repeat

James, as far as I understood, Cinavia removal was never going to part of ANYDVD for obvious reasons.

That was the initial way yes, removing cinavia requires audio recoding. Anydvd just can't do it now, it's not how it's designed. Of it would be possible, it won't be without some major operational changes to anydvd code.

I can't clarify it more than I already have.

How many times do you want me to say it? That has indeed changed. Hence the 'legal status change' if they would add it. Cinavia removal will NOT be added to cloneBD. CloneBD would loose its 100% legal status and sales could be endangered.

Now, as I've said before how or when the solution will come is unknown. All that is known is that it won't be in the form of an update to cloneBD. It is possible theoretically it may come to an update to anydvd but there is no official word of anydvd will do it or an add-on tool.

That was the initial way yes, removing cinavia requires audio recoding. Anydvd just can't do it now, it's not how it's designed. Of it would be possible, it won't be without some major operational changes to anydvd code.

I can't clarify it more than I already have.

How many times do you want me to say it? That has indeed changed. Hence the 'legal status change' if they would add it. Cinavia removal will NOT be added to cloneBD. CloneBD would loose its 100% legal status and sales could be endangered.

Now, as I've said before how or when the solution will come is unknown. All that is known is that it won't be in the form of an update to cloneBD. It is possible theoretically it may come to an update to anydvd but there is no official word of anydvd will do it or an add-on tool.

For God's sake,

I HAVE NOT ASKED YOU TO CLARIFY.

BUTT OUT

The answer might well be exactly what you have said, I want it clarified by James.

Location, location, location.

Clone BD is by Elaborate Bytes of Switzerland a EU country which by EU agreement cannot sell an item that defeats any form of protection, hence Clone BD is a compression editing tool like Clone DVD. Any DVD(HD) is in Antigua and is not a signatory to any International protection protocols, hence SlySoft can with out fear of prosecution develop the code breaking necessary for optical media. Because of the necessity to re-encode to overcome Cinavia for other media back up it will not be done in real time. Any program to defeat Cinavia will have to come from SlySoft and not Elaborate Bytes for legal reasons.

Clone BD is by Elaborate Bytes of Switzerland a EU country which by EU agreement cannot sell an item that defeats any form of protection, hence Clone BD is a compression editing tool like Clone DVD. Any DVD(HD) is in Antigua and is not a signatory to any International protection protocols, hence SlySoft can with out fear of prosecution develop the code breaking necessary for optical media. Because of the necessity to re-encode to overcome Cinavia for other media back up it will not be done in real time. Any program to defeat Cinavia will have to come from SlySoft and not Elaborate Bytes for legal reasons.

Yup. It will probably be some audio plugin module for CloneBD.
But I don't know the details yet.

Back