• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Confirmation call from credit card processor?

Rupan

On Sunday night I got a call from a woman wanting to know whether I had purchased software from Red Fox. She wanted to know if I had received the software, and she knew purchase dates, amounts, and my full name. I did purchase two lifetime licenses, but this call seemed very strange to me so I wonder if the Red Fox developers are aware of such calls. She had a heavy Asian accent (possibly Chinese?), the call was from an unknown number, and the time of the call seems to jive with daylight in China. Hopefully it wasn't someone untoward.

You're lucky the transaction went through. My bank blocked it outright and I'm still waiting for them to get a hold of me. The call is just to confirm because it looks sketchy. Redfox are fully aware, that's why they prefer you to use bitcoin.

You need to call your bank, they won't get in touch with you.

You're lucky the transaction went through. My bank blocked it outright and I'm still waiting for them to get a hold of me. The call is just to confirm because it looks sketchy. Redfox are fully aware, that's why they prefer you to use bitcoin.
When purchasing my licenses I used my Visa card and inadvertently provided an incorrect expiry date and of course the transaction failed. My bank called to say that they had a lot of problems with the Asian processor used by RedFox but if I had to use them it would be ok. I successfully purchased my licenses using MasterCard.

RedFox has no control what your Bank or CC does they can't do anything even if you tell them. Your making them sound like it's their fault that your Bank/CC blocks the transaction. My Visa worked yesterday after waiting a few weeks so that to me confirms it's a Bank/CC that needs to get their act straight as it is your money and your right to use as you like-expect for CC you do have to pay back but then you already agreed to the terms already.

Does anyone happen to have the name of the creditor whose name will appear on the statement so I can call it into my bank?

already there were several debates concerning payments would be great to official statements Ivana and Pera itself as this therefore customers have addressed or whether it is possible to somehow negotiate with banks on the automatic approval of the transaction in order to finally clear therefore in all

Does anyone happen to have the name of the creditor whose name will appear on the statement so I can call it into my bank?
No, all you need to tell your bank is that you tried to make an overseas purchase and you want them to remove the block.

already there were several debates concerning payments would be great to official statements Ivana and Pera itself as this therefore customers have addressed or whether it is possible to somehow negotiate with banks on the automatic approval of the transaction in order to finally clear therefore in all
That will not happen. It's the Bank/CC issue not RedFox. If your Bank/CC is giving you grief then you need to file a formal compliant in their compliant department to resolve it. They have no legal standing to be your go between you and your Bank/CC that is you and your attorney to resolve it.

That will not happen. It's the Bank/CC issue not RedFox. If your Bank/CC is giving you grief then you need to file a formal compliant in their compliant department to resolve it. They have no legal standing to be your go between you and your Bank/CC that is you and your attorney to resolve it.
I do not know what country you are in but your last line is very incorrect for the U.S. When they shut down online poker in the U.S. the banks went on notice that they could not in any way facilitate money transfers to these sites. Even if you disguise your ip address and some how become a member of a poker site. Getting money there and back to you is not easy unless they except bitcoin. You must keep in mind it is your bank and or credit card company that is on the hook for fraudulent purchases. So they do have the right to deny and processor or retailer a transaction.

On Sunday night I got a call from a woman wanting to know whether I had purchased software from Red Fox. She wanted to know if I had received the software, and she knew purchase dates, amounts, and my full name. I did purchase two lifetime licenses, but this call seemed very strange to me so I wonder if the Red Fox developers are aware of such calls. She had a heavy Asian accent (possibly Chinese?), the call was from an unknown number, and the time of the call seems to jive with daylight in China. Hopefully it wasn't someone untoward.

account security departments do this the whole time, if they catch anything the system flags, my bank rang me before for 30 euro purchases from Nokia,
they had no issue with Redfox payment, went through with out an issue with a 1 euro and 10 cent charge for currency exchange.

I do not know what country you are in but your last line is very incorrect for the U.S. When they shut down online poker in the U.S. the banks went on notice that they could not in any way facilitate money transfers to these sites. Even if you disguise your ip address and some how become a member of a poker site. Getting money there and back to you is not easy unless they except bitcoin. You must keep in mind it is your bank and or credit card company that is on the hook for fraudulent purchases. So they do have the right to deny and processor or retailer a transaction.
This isn't a poker site so that analogy doesn't match at all. That is the nature of transaction you keep track of your purchase and when you see odd things you contact them - they already know about the fraudulent purchases otherwise why are they in the business that they are?? Those that are doing the business correctly will alert their card holder of odd transaction already. I got my money there with Visa no problem so not sure what happened to your side but mine worked fine after calling them about what was going on. Trying to link online poker with RedFox is a bad analogy to start with and doesn't stick.

No, all you need to tell your bank is that you tried to make an overseas purchase and you want them to remove the block.
How is that any different from just getting the name so I can remove a step in the process? Not only is it annoying to have it blocked when I can just get the name from here and call it in like I do every other international purchase I make, but it also comes across as dodgy that you guys would not just say who is taking payments.

That's because they can't for multiple reasons. For starters these boards are 'monitored' by the powers that be, if they'd say who's processing the payments then all the MPAA/aacs-la have to do is put a little pressure on them and we'd be right back to square 1. No anydvd, don't think you want that do you? Second, there is no fixed one. The statement that will be on the credit card varies, for some of was 'fashiondresses.com' for others 'shoppingmall.com',... they have to be obscure for who's taking the payments. It was the exact same way in the slysoft days. That's the nature of the software sector anydvd operates in. They don't like copyprotections being removed, and they don't like people taking payments for software doing that.

Point is, what you're asking if privileged information, and you're not going to get it.

How is that any different from just getting the name so I can remove a step in the process? Not only is it annoying to have it blocked when I can just get the name from here and call it in like I do every other international purchase I make, but it also comes across as dodgy that you guys would not just say who is taking payments.

It may come across as "dodgy", but I suspect it's one of the steps being taken to help Redfox avoid Slysoft's fate.

You can also avoid it by calling ahead, a few new buyers did just that. They called ahead to the bank or when they were filling out the purchase form and things went through perfectly. Jon G is also correct. You're simply not going to get what your asking. They might as well give the aacs-la all of their address locations.

RedFox has no control what your Bank or CC does they can't do anything even if you tell them. Your making them sound like it's their fault that your Bank/CC blocks the transaction. My Visa worked yesterday after waiting a few weeks so that to me confirms it's a Bank/CC that needs to get their act straight as it is your money and your right to use as you like-expect for CC you do have to pay back but then you already agreed to the terms already.

Dude, I don't mean to be rude here but is English not your first language or do you just have some grudge against Chimps or something?

Seems every time you quote me you completely interpret everything I say incorrectly.

How am I making out this is RedFox's fault? I said these things...

He's lucky the transaction went through, he is, because it seems my bank is blocking mine and has happened to many others.

My bank blocked may transaction outright, which I'm assuming they did. I am waiting for them to get a hold of me because I sent a message through my Banks website (Ch3vr0n, I wasn't too clear on that).

He received a call because the transaction was processed in Asia. Op'er probably doesn't live in Asia, hence the sketchiness of the transaction.

RedFox are aware this is happening... that's just a fact.

And (I may be wrong) but I assume they prefer people to use bitcoin because it bypasses this very issue, plus they're incentivizing you to use bitcoin.

So would you please explain which of those sentences is me blaming RedFox?

When purchasing my licenses I used my Visa card and inadvertently provided an incorrect expiry date and of course the transaction failed. My bank called to say that they had a lot of problems with the Asian processor used by RedFox but if I had to use them it would be ok. I successfully purchased my licenses using MasterCard.

Yeah I triple checked all the info. They've blocked me from other things too from time to time. I guess I should be grateful they're being vigilant.

On top of what everyone else has said, my payment failed and I know what would show on my statement. It does tell you along the way even with a payment failure.

You should be able to get it resolved just by having them view blocked payments and a rough time and date.

I see that the payment will not be easy quite heavily am looking for money to license your software, I do not want after paying learned that the payment was not approved and licenses that came to me after I am embarrassed

Back