• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Rays releases *prior* to Saturday, April 30, 2016?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meimeiriver

"SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.5. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Saturday, April 30, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs"

Dafuq is this?! RIAA and their scumbag friends have finally caught up with you?! So sad to see you guys cave in.

What will happen to Blu-Rays releases *prior* to Saturday, April 30, 2016?! Will they still decrypt fine? Or will AnyDVD HD effectively be totally worthless after that?

That just means they are trying to give everyone a heads up that they will have a payment system, hopefully, by that date. Most disc will decrypt depending on protections used, however new discs with special protections will need the online data base to help, and older versions of AnyDVD will not be able to work for those. A newer version will have to be purchased in order to work, at the moment they are running everything with no cash coming in.

Thx for your reply.

After my initial shock, I just now realize a new, subscription-based license will be required. I heard like 45 euros per year. Not sure I'm really willing to pay that, tbh. The SlySoft License said: "Free updates until: Forever." Kinda miffed about RedFox reneging on the deal.

Thx for your reply.

After my initial shock, I just now realize a new, subscription-based license will be required. I heard like 45 euros per year. Not sure I'm really willing to pay that, tbh. The SlySoft License said: "Free updates until: Forever." Kinda miffed about RedFox reneging on the deal.

RedFox didn't reneg. It was SlyFox who went out of business that nixed lifetime licenses through that entity. RedFox is a different incorporation of the old one. I'm taking the approach to see what the new pricing will be - that's the only way we'll know for sure what rates are going to be offered.

They're not renegging the deal. As has been stated multiple times now. "Lifetime" licenses only apply for as long as the product / company exist. That applies to EVERY company and EVERY product. Not just AnyDVD. If the company no longer exists, the licenses issued by them are null & void. Redfox is a NEW company, they didn't have to issue interim releases that work with slysoft licenses, they chose to do so as a curtousy towards customers.

As far as subscription based goes. That's 0 change, Anydvd is already a subscription based. Subscription doesn't necessarily mean monthly ;)

RedFox didn't reneg. It was SlyFox who went out of business that nixed lifetime licenses through that entity. RedFox is a different incorporation of the old one. I'm taking the approach to see what the new pricing will be - that's the only way we'll know for sure what rates are going to be offered.

Fair enough, I suppose.

They're not renegging the deal. As has been stated multiple times now. "Lifetime" licenses only apply for as long as the product / company exist. That applies to EVERY company and EVERY product. Not just AnyDVD. If the company no longer exists, the licenses issued by them are null & void. Redfox is a NEW company, they didn't have to issue interim releases that work with slysoft licenses, they chose to do so as a curtousy towards customers.

As far as subscription based goes. That's 0 change, Anydvd is already a subscription based. Subscription doesn't necessarily mean monthly ;)

You're not wrong. ;) Nonetheless, going from 0 to 45 euros a year, that may be too steep for me. Too bad I only came in today, noticing the change, so I can only enjoy the grace period for a few weeks. Anyway, AnyDVDHD is decidely a good program; I may decide to re-subscribe, after all, who knows.

In my environment, I've updated to current, and I look forward to the final infrastructure which deploys and maintains AnyDVD HD. I'm sure the accountants want to ensure that a revenue stream continues under this new framework, so there may very well be a shakeout which includes annual, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly licensing fees. I expect some changes from the perpetual licensing (or a license that lasts forever.) I have no issue with that, and quite frankly think it is a good model to ensure that a revenue stream remains in place.

From a "lessons learned" perspective I also expect new controls to be implemented that allows a more centralized authority to ensure that those which have so selflessly dedicated themselves to such a product shall NEVER be left out in the cold again! As a customer, I didn't know that the SlySoft name would impact such numbers of hardworking individuals. I find that approach to business deplorable. Even if [confidential] backup routines have to be implemented based on pressures from outside sources, there MUST be some form of oversight to ensure that such great staff is taken care of.

With the minimal information coming out of the original owner's location, there could have been any reason: LEA, retirement, death in the family, or other unknown event which caused the demise of SlySoft. Sad as it is, the one flaw was that the infrastructure wasn't able to easily transition to a new operating model.

For me though, it is considered an absolute blessing that customers such as ourselves have such diligent, customer centric, loyal and all around outstanding remnants of the old SlySoft. Without their dedication through the adversity, there wouldn't be a RedFox to take on the task of ensuring a smooth customer transition. I applaud and raise a toast to them and their overall ethic! Thank you! (y)

To save me trawling through pages and pages of posts, do we know yet if Lifetime Licences will be offered. Yes/No/Don't Know.

Thx for your reply.

Well, I really do understand your initial 'shock'. Yet, that also implies that the one expressing such shock perhaps does not think through the period of shock; objectively as a business person would.

While we may never know the real reason for the demise of SlySoft, the lack of a renewable license may very well have been a contributor to our loss.

For any business to survive, there must be a revenue stream. As difficulties increase to provide such capability as the product provided (servers, staffing, decoding technology, etc.) costs increase. Forever licenses fail to provide that revenue stream that insures such an infrastructure exists. Remember too, that all license provisions normally include a statement which essentially means, "Terms and Conditions may change with or without notice." I acquired AnyDVD long before HD came along. I found it to be a robust, trustworthy product, with a staff diligent in making sure the product operated correctly before we-the-customer obtained any new release. It maintained its connection to the real-world, developed needed technologies to address changes in the marketplace, and provided those solutions to their customer base in a timely and efficient distribution. It really is unknown at this point how many users of the original SlySoft AnyDVD HD (or family of products) have obtained that use w/o properly ensuring that the authors received their compensation for the work performed (this may very well be a contributor to SlySoft's demise) and to maintain their business structure to support such activity.

Had SlySoft published a notice to their loyal customers outlining the change in licensing, I would have been on the bandwagon the second it was published. It is an integral component to the needs of my environment. I have found nothing else on the market that was as easily installed, worked and so well supported by a Customer Centric staff. So, yes, an annual renewal is needed. I for one want RedFox to far outlast SlySoft; and revenue is required to do that.

Jim

To save me trawling through pages and pages of posts, do we know yet if Lifetime Licences will be offered. Yes/No/Don't Know.

Somewhere, in another thread, seems like I read that Life Time licenses are now a thing of the past.

Doesn't bother me though. I'll keep on keep'n on... :)

Thanks for reply, I was sort of hoping that they would be in line with the Competition on this.

Thanks for reply, I was sort of hoping that they would be in line with the Competition on this.

Yep. Would be nice to we-the-customer.

Yet, with the technologies emerging and the need for clear and robust decoders, if my crystal ball is working properly, the competition will take advantage of the SlySoft demise and the re-emergence of RedFox, for a short while at least. At some point though, business shall need to address dropping revenues and longer than acceptable distribution of updates to contend with the ever changing marketplace technologies. Infrastructure and staffing requires a significant level of revenue in order to remain viable.

I however, shall choose to remain with RedFox (providing the level of service experienced with SlySoft does not diminish) - regardless of their licensing structure. Why? Simply because the level of service provided has proven to me that others do not yet have the same level of customer-centric mentality that permeated SlySoft and hopefully does so with RedFox.

And too, perhaps I'm an old hat, set in my ways. I've been with this one product since it's original debut as DVD-X (a far past most don't remember.)

Well, I really do understand your initial 'shock'. Yet, that also implies that the one expressing such shock perhaps does not think through the period of shock; objectively as a business person would.

While we may never know the real reason for the demise of SlySoft, the lack of a renewable license may very well have been a contributor to our loss.

For any business to survive, there must be a revenue stream. As difficulties increase to provide such capability as the product provided (servers, staffing, decoding technology, etc.) costs increase. Forever licenses fail to provide that revenue stream that insures such an infrastructure exists. Remember too, that all license provisions normally include a statement which essentially means, "Terms and Conditions may change with or without notice." I acquired AnyDVD long before HD came along. I found it to be a robust, trustworthy product, with a staff diligent in making sure the product operated correctly before we-the-customer obtained any new release. It maintained its connection to the real-world, developed needed technologies to address changes in the marketplace, and provided those solutions to their customer base in a timely and efficient distribution. It really is unknown at this point how many users of the original SlySoft AnyDVD HD (or family of products) have obtained that use w/o properly ensuring that the authors received their compensation for the work performed (this may very well be a contributor to SlySoft's demise) and to maintain their business structure to support such activity.

Had SlySoft published a notice to their loyal customers outlining the change in licensing, I would have been on the bandwagon the second it was published. It is an integral component to the needs of my environment. I have found nothing else on the market that was as easily installed, worked and so well supported by a Customer Centric staff. So, yes, an annual renewal is needed. I for one want RedFox to far outlast SlySoft; and revenue is required to do that.

Jim

And, sursprisingly maybe, I really do agree with you. :) At this point I'm just glad Redfox was willing to take over, or we'd have had nothing by now.

And, sursprisingly maybe, I really do agree with you. :) At this point I'm just glad Redfox was willing to take over, or we'd have had nothing by now.

It certainly is a challenge as things transition from what the customer base used to be to what it'll be in the future. Sadly, and all too often, things like this happen. Something great comes along; and suddenly poof, its gone.

My analysis was simply an outsider looking back at years of faithful service to SlySoft. Trying to find some reason behind the sudden demise that will make it more palatable and easier to transition. Yet, the analysis seemed to tie together; and in my mind, provide some level of comfort in moving forward.

With out any word from the previous owner(s) of SlySoft, and I really hate to say this, I shall be even more diligent in watching out for my identity in the foreseeable future. And, since I don't make much money anyway, the new payment plans being built out must have a channel I can trust. What the outcome is, we won't know until published. Yet, I would really hate to lose the product over my trust issues (of which SlySoft was never an issue due to my long experience with them); yet with most people, feeding and housing my family comes first.

I await the outcome - what ever it may be. And pray for the best of all worlds so that I may continue to enjoy such a fantastic product (and be able to afford it.)

With only a couple of days left until the deadline I would hope this gets sorted out before hand in case of Gremlin attack. Would not want to see failures in activations, payments etc because we decide to wait until the deadline and then have to wait til next week to sort it out.

The wonderful thing about the April deadline set by RedFox is tat they can change the date at will. They created the date to give themselves a goal to work towards, but if it not going to be attainable, they can easily change the date. At this point, I suspect they will move it out another month.

They have to get the payment system right and if that takes more time, I am more than happy to give it to them without any worry or fear. They have been so customer centric and wonderful as a company that I trust them to do right by us.

As I have said until April 30 comes then we can debate what was said and what could be done before that timeline. They can always extend that date until they get all the internal working set-it's not like you wake up one day and it is finished. There are work that needs to be done before they know it's working.

[...]

With the minimal information coming out of the original owner's location, there could have been any reason: LEA, retirement, death in the family, or other unknown event which caused the demise of SlySoft. Sad as it is, the one flaw was that the infrastructure wasn't able to easily transition to a new operating model.

For me though, it is considered an absolute blessing that customers such as ourselves have such diligent, customer centric, loyal and all around outstanding remnants of the old SlySoft. Without their dedication through the adversity, there wouldn't be a RedFox to take on the task of ensuring a smooth customer transition. I applaud and raise a toast to them and their overall ethic! Thank you! (y)

It only goes to show, first-hand,... That any company is ONLY as good as it's employees...!
And THESE employees have shown that the SlySoft owner wasn't really the company...his employees were..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back