• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Rays releases *prior* to Saturday, April 30, 2016?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wonderful thing about the April deadline set by RedFox is tat they can change the date at will. They created the date to give themselves a goal to work towards, but if it not going to be attainable, they can easily change the date. At this point, I suspect they will move it out another month.

They have to get the payment system right and if that takes more time, I am more than happy to give it to them without any worry or fear. They have been so customer centric and wonderful as a company that I trust them to do right by us.

Even in case they don't make the deadline, the world will hardly come to an end, right? I mean, way I understood it, only Blu-rays produced as of tomorrow won't be able to get decoded. Unless the entire keys-database will go offline to old Slysoft license holders (which, admittedly, would not be good).

Even in case they don't make the deadline, the world will hardly come to an end, right? I mean, way I understood it, only Blu-rays produced as of tomorrow won't be able to get decoded. Unless the entire keys-database will go offline to old Slysoft license holders (which, admittedly, would not be good).

This was my reason for posting my idea about the master database ... at ...
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/some-ideas-about-future-pricing.68686/page-3#post-433237

Originally I mentioned that because of my situation with a hard drive crash ... HERE >>
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/online-decrypt-database-problem.50823/page-2#post-433236
.. but it was moved to a new thread
>> https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/does-anyone-have-a-full-vidcache-bin-file-i-can-use.69041/
... because of it being LOCKED from someone's annoying posts...

The new RedFox crew is considering it, and seeing if it's possible to download the master database.

Last edited:
This was my reason for posting my idea about the master database ... at ...
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/some-ideas-about-future-pricing.68686/page-3#post-433237

Originally I mentioned that because of my situation with a hard drive crash ... HERE >>
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/online-decrypt-database-problem.50823/page-2#post-433236
.. but it was moved to a new thread
>> https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/does-anyone-have-a-full-vidcache-bin-file-i-can-use.69041/
... because of it being LOCKED from someone's annoying posts...

The new RedFox is considering it, and seeing if it's possible.

Good info! Thx. :) And yes, I'd like a copy of that vidcache.bin file too, please (if someone has it).

The Admin and developers clarified this for me. Shown in that same thread, a few posts before the below link.

The BD+ and other forms of HD disks still need the online database to get the info needed to decrypt the disk, so it's actually better to either have access to the master OLD Database, or to make a downloadable version of it, and modify the new RedFox program to use it locally as well as online.

Then I got this other idea about the small files created that get added to the master online database, and if able to download it to use locally...
Shown in this next post....
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/doe...idcache-bin-file-i-can-use.69041/#post-433428

Hey, if they're not considering new lifetime-licenses any longer on the new RedFox updates...this above linked idea could be better for everyone, rather than flat-rate yearly subscriptions.

It only goes to show, first-hand,... That any company is ONLY as good as it's employees...!
And THESE employees have shown that the SlySoft owner wasn't really the company...his employees were..!!
You will find that scenario in probably 85% of company's today.

You will find that scenario in probably 85% of company's today.

What I think the employees may not realize is... The original owner leaving ...even with owing funds to the employees...gave the employees the potential to benefit from all the future profits now, and not just get a small piece of it thru a normal small salary. ;)

In effect...they inherited the business, as if in a will left by the 'deceased' boss. :cool::D

I wonder if that actually was realized by all of them? :ROFLMAO:

I for one think the decentralized nature of the former Slysoft is DIRECTLY responsible for us even having a re-emergence of ANYDVDHD in the form of RedFox. Imagine if Slysoft had been a normal operation, an office structure with all employees each with there offices within the same building, each programmer in their own cubicle or office working on their individual product like ANYDVDHD, CloneDVD Mobile etc. If they were forced out of business by governments of respective countries when Slysoft went down I imagine assets would have been seized, and employees dispersed.

The very nature of Slysoft being structured the way they were kept intellectual properties in a gray area, and employees that had never met and located in other parts of the world for the most part unknown. There was nothing to go after but the company head. Hears to the Slysoft business model.

I for one think the decentralized nature of the former Slysoft is DIRECTLY responsible for us even having a re-emergence of ANYDVDHD in the form of RedFox. Imagine if Slysoft had been a normal operation, an office structure with all employees each with there offices within the same building, each programmer in their own cubicle or office working on their individual product like ANYDVDHD, CloneDVD Mobile etc. If they were forced out of business by governments of respective countries when Slysoft went down I imagine assets would have been seized, and employees dispersed.

The very nature of Slysoft being structured the way they were kept intellectual properties in a gray area, and employees that had never met and located in other parts of the world for the most part unknown. There was nothing to go after but the company head. Hears to the Slysoft business model.

Yes, you've got that exactly correct. :)
Good thing it was setup that way.

But in addition, the employees now are the new 'owners', by 'default', and I wonder if they actually realize how beneficial it can be to them now.
All they need to do is keep their customers satisfied, and it can be very profitable for all of them in the near future.

I wonder if the original owner set it up this way so his employees would not actually be 'left-out in the cold' if his company was ever forced shut-down by any government agency.
I think he figured that his employees would start it up again, being he never destroyed all the servers when he closed-down the company.

It's as if he actually cared for all of them, in a special way..!
And they were smart enough to pick-up the pieces when he was gone.

Hey, it's not as if he's actually dead, and he could have even come-back and demanded everything back in his name, but he stayed away, and is letting them take over...I just think he wasn't as 'bad' as they may seem to think, if they do feel that way about him still owing them salary when this all happened.

I just hope it all works out well for them, as well as all of us, the customers ;)

We aren't Redfox customers until they can work out a way for us to pay for their work.

All the rest I'm reading here is wonderfully imaginative. The nitty gritty ain't, in all likelihood, that much sunshine and rainbows for them. Best of luck, RedFox staff. Hoping you don't need too much more...

We aren't Redfox customers until they can work out a way for us to pay for their work.

All the rest I'm reading here is wonderfully imaginative. The nitty gritty ain't, in all likelihood, that much sunshine and rainbows for them. Best of luck, RedFox staff. Hoping you don't need too much more...

I was referring to those who've already paid before the slysoft shut-down, as customers, but you're also exactly correct, it's now up to the RedFox team to make this venture all it can be.

I still think we need to give them time to do it.

Up until now they've just been employees...they'll need time to adjust to being owners, and to setup a secure payment method that won't be influenced by outside interference from anyone wanting to shut them down again.

If they at least also allow the original lifetime license users to access the OLD database, even after April 30th, then I can feel safe in buying a new license. It will show me they understand the business end of it now, and not just thinking about a quick cash income, and how much that means to their credibility as the new AnyDVD company.

Don't get impatient...let them at least have the time to restructure.

I'm willing to wait, but also won't tolerate greed, if that's what I feel is happening with the RedFox entity. :)

So far, it seems they care about us...but only time will tell what's going to happen.
I'll give them that time. I hope everyone else will too, or it will never have a chance to take place.

Finaly, LTL users can access to the online protection database until may 31th 2016. It-s a good new for us. I will purchase a new license when the redfox store will be back. I hope that several payments methods will be available like credit card, were transferts for instance. Credit card is the most easy way to make payments. Bitcoin is more complicated and risky.

I've been having sleepless nights wondering about that particular one :LOL:
At the risk of dragging this thread further off topic, but:

Transferts.....sausages that believe they are ground beef patties between a bun?

Well, I really do understand your initial 'shock'. Yet, that also implies that the one expressing such shock perhaps does not think through the period of shock; objectively as a business person would.

While we may never know the real reason for the demise of SlySoft, the lack of a renewable license may very well have been a contributor to our loss.

For any business to survive, there must be a revenue stream. As difficulties increase to provide such capability as the product provided (servers, staffing, decoding technology, etc.) costs increase. Forever licenses fail to provide that revenue stream that insures such an infrastructure exists. Remember too, that all license provisions normally include a statement which essentially means, "Terms and Conditions may change with or without notice." I acquired AnyDVD long before HD came along. I found it to be a robust, trustworthy product, with a staff diligent in making sure the product operated correctly before we-the-customer obtained any new release. It maintained its connection to the real-world, developed needed technologies to address changes in the marketplace, and provided those solutions to their customer base in a timely and efficient distribution. It really is unknown at this point how many users of the original SlySoft AnyDVD HD (or family of products) have obtained that use w/o properly ensuring that the authors received their compensation for the work performed (this may very well be a contributor to SlySoft's demise) and to maintain their business structure to support such activity.

Had SlySoft published a notice to their loyal customers outlining the change in licensing, I would have been on the bandwagon the second it was published. It is an integral component to the needs of my environment. I have found nothing else on the market that was as easily installed, worked and so well supported by a Customer Centric staff. So, yes, an annual renewal is needed. I for one want RedFox to far outlast SlySoft; and revenue is required to do that.

Jim

Your logic is 'interesting', but one of your statements is more interesting than the rest, to me.

"...While we may never know the real reason for the demise of SlySoft, the lack of a renewable license may very well have been a contributor to our loss. ..."

1--- So it's OK to sell something that they know they have no intention of honoring, for the lifetime promised?
( Yes I know a corporation can 'legally' do this, but it doesn't make it right, does it? ) :)

2--- Or, is what you're saying, ...that SlySoft went out of business to possibly nullify all the LifeTime Licenses, so that 2 Million Euros can be quickly made with each new 40,000 yearly licenses sold, at 49 Euro each?
(There are roughly near 40,000 members here, and I'm just using that number as an example)

Either of those two above scenarios are really upsetting to me, but the second one suggests the original CEO (whatever his name was (is) ... ) may actually still be running things, and just made-up the story of being forced-shutdown, only to startup newly named, and have everyone need to pay again for yearly (non-LTL) licenses.

It's always been strange to me, that the old boss just 'ran away' and left all the servers running, or intact, or accessible by his team, without shutting everything down, destroying it all, or at least kept it for himself and not just gave it up.

He didn't give me the impression he was that kind of generous guy with his 'toys' ...let alone his million euro business venture.

Hmmmm...maybe this is why RedFox now says "no old database access after May 31st 2016"
Why not? ... If new customers will come to them no matter what, for the new v2 OPD access of new titles, why be so much like the OLD boss, that they won't allow v1 OPD access for the lifetime of that old lifetime license?

Maybe also why no new CEO is responding to this other post...
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/2-q...n-file-and-about-opd-v1-v2-w-ltl.69041/page-2

Maybe he's not actually gone, and they must still listen to him...because it still sounds as if they're following the same policies as when he ran things as SlySoft.

This is of course all speculation on my part, but still very possible given some actions recently experienced on here.
...thanks for this bit of insight to corporate greed. ...

I'd hope it's not the actual facts, and not true, because, if it is true, in that case the customer has no assurance they won't try this again.
Putting their credibility in very bad danger...world-wide..!!

...And as you said, below, ... I too agree...
"... Had SlySoft published a notice to their loyal customers outlining the change in licensing, I would have been on the bandwagon the second it was published. ..."

Wow, these posts are getting tiresome. It's really sad to see people still question RedFox intentions after what they have done over the last few months.

I have even more respect for RedFox after the last few weeks. I think I would of just pulled the plug after reading some of the posts. Thankfully they are better than that.

Yet another topic that had severely detailed from its original issue into one of questioning ethics, assumptions about slysoft and Redfox being one and the same or somehow involved with each other behind the scenes. This is not the case, and further trolling like this will not be tolerated.

These false accusations/assumptions/trolling posts need to stop!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back