• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.0.3.0 stil reencode when not needed

kanady43

Again and again, Clone BD has this bug, mentioned many times before - is still reencoding (or transcoding, call that as you want) when the size of source is smaller than target capacity.

Karel Zeman Collection - a 13 Gbyte movie was transcoded (regardless, if output was set to 25 or 50GB) about 1,5 hour ( AMD Phenom II 1100, 6 cores on 3.3 GHz). Result is, of course, worse than original.
The same task - remux with BD Rebuilder on the same computer - was finished in about 10 minutes, and, of course, result is the same quality as original.

I think, the task "extract only one movie and mux it only" is very often.
On my opinion, that should be the basic function of soft, which is proudly called "Clone DVD".

It's not a bug, it's intentional. Everything is forced through the transcoder atm and will continue to be until the software is more stake. Not transcoding when not needed is on the to do list

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Actually it only re-encodes file formats such as MP4 and MKV. For Blu-ray output if the output size is calculated to be smaller than the target capacity then it doesn't re-encode unless you are using the trial version

Actually it only re-encodes file formats such as MP4 and MKV. For Blu-ray output if the output size is calculated to be smaller than the target capacity then it doesn't re-encode unless you are using the trial version

It doesn't re-encode on the trial version either for full or partial Blu-ray output (only for single file format output)
May just be a bug/mistake for the trial version, I don't know.

I thought it did re-encode in trial mode because of the watermark that gets added

I thought it did re-encode in trial mode because of the watermark that gets added

I did too (I'm on the trial), but I tried a few complete and partial copies yesterday, keeping output size to maximum and it finished in less than 10 minutes with no watermark.
If I change to single file format output, it re-encodes/adds the watermark.

Again and again, Clone BD has this bug, mentioned many times before - is still reencoding (or transcoding, call that as you want) when the size of source is smaller than target capacity.

Karel Zeman Collection - a 13 Gbyte movie was transcoded (regardless, if output was set to 25 or 50GB) about 1,5 hour ( AMD Phenom II 1100, 6 cores on 3.3 GHz). Result is, of course, worse than original.
The same task - remux with BD Rebuilder on the same computer - was finished in about 10 minutes, and, of course, result is the same quality as original.

I think, the task "extract only one movie and mux it only" is very often.
On my opinion, that should be the basic function of soft, which is proudly called "Clone DVD".

If you could please repeat that process and then on the completion page press the Alt key. That will let the "create log" button pop up. Then please post that log file here and we can check.

There were some earlier versions that really did force everything through the transcoder, that is no longer true.

Normally, a transcode is done, when one of these conditions are met:
- a clip needs compression (shrinking), that's obvious
- you set the clip marks and cut a piece from a playlist
- you select "audio core only"

I think, I got them all.
The trial watermark does not get added, if you copy the clips 1:1 (no compression, no DTS-HD core extraction).
This is by design.

The trial watermark does not get added, if you copy the clips 1:1 (no compression, no DTS-HD core extraction).
This is by design.

MKV format output always re-encode for me, no matter if keeping original audio and full no compression video size. Blu-ray output does not re-encode with the same settings.

If you could please repeat that process and then on the completion page press the Alt key. That will let the "create log" button pop up. Then please post that log file here and we can check.

There were some earlier versions that really did force everything through the transcoder, that is no longer true.

I think, I got them all.
This is by design.

Does this mean that a movie only choice will not transcode? I mean a movie only iso to hard drive with no compression.

Last edited:
I did too (I'm on the trial), but I tried a few complete and partial copies yesterday, keeping output size to maximum and it finished in less than 10 minutes with no watermark.
If I change to single file format output, it re-encodes/adds the watermark.

I'm using 1.0.3.1 trial and I always get transcode...perhaps it is in the developers interest to not have a watermark until the bugs get ironed out. This would be more useful.

I'm using 1.0.3.1 trial and I always get transcode...perhaps it is in the developers interest to not have a watermark until the bugs get ironed out. This would be more useful.

I say again: transcoding does NOT happen because of the watermark. It's actually the other way around.
If CloneBD needs to transcode, the watermark gets added. Only then.

Also: bugs won't get ironed out if code that may cause bugs is avoided.

I explained, what situations require CloneBD to transcode in my previous post. If you have the feeling that it does this, even though it shouldn't please post a log file.

Does this mean that a movie only choice will not transcode? I mean a movie only iso to hard drive with no compression.

Yes. Unless you choose "audio core only".

Pete: Should MKV format output be transcoding if selecting no video compression and lossless audio? (not sure if you are talking about all outputs)

Yes. Unless you choose "audio core only".

Does this make sense? Core audio is smaller than HD audio. So it should not transcode.

1. If I choose movie only bluray output and un-check core audio only, I get no transcoded video...this is good.
2. If I choose movie only bluray output and check core audio only, I get transcoded video...this is bad. Core audio is smaller than HD audio...no transcoding should occur
3. Every MKV option I try transcodes...this is not good for now. I would think we should also be able to specify a file size (or lossless checkmark)...perhaps for later development

I think, I got them all.
This is by design.[/QUO

I purchased the life long license - have no trial. Actual version 1.0.3.1. Reinstaled, for sure.
The same result - regardless of target size (25 or 50 GB) stil reencoding. Chosen only one movie, no split, no compress.

I aborted the proces, I hope, the logs are enough to decide why is always reencoded...

Attachments

• first_run_set_to_25_Gbyte.zip
    904.6 KB · Views: 0
  • second_run_set_to_50_Gbyte.zip
    905.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I am having same problem. Using eval. I want to make mkv with no transcode. What settings should I use? I'm currently running a rip with lossless audio selected (not core extraction), but it's going slow and using 100% CPU, so obviously transcoding. And beaver watermark is showing in the preview window.

I don't care about having a watermark. I just want to make sure everything works before I purchase.

You can't make an MKV without it re-encoding when using the trial version as it has to re-encode to put the watermark in.

That being said, even if I check the summary and it states the input and output sizes are the same and I use the lossless audio option it still re-encodes when choosing MKV for me

Back