• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can AnyDVD Make Your DVD Player Region Free??

Steveo2007

Well i got a new DVD today and it's region 1 USA but being in the UK my DVD played on my laptop is Region 2.

Since getting anyDVD pretty much any region DVD has worked but today when i got this new region 1 dvd it hasn't worked and i've had to manually change the region of my DVD player.

I was wondering what was up with it? Or are there other programs that make your player Region Free?

Anydvd makes the discs appear region free to your system. However, Anydvd does not convert NTSC to PAL nor vice versa.

so will that be the reason why?

are some region 1 USA dvd's in pal format?

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Go there and search for the model of your DVD player. Also try google. If no hacks are found, then I would suggest buying a DVD player which will play all regions. If you can't find one in the UK (it shouldn't be a problem) then import one from Australia. Most of our DVD players play all formats/regions.

Back