• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

I have a Magnavox NB500MG1F Blu-Ray player that is in 2009. I think it's safe to add that one to the list of players without Cinavia.

I just pulled the pin on buying a second Panny DMT-BDT100 which has been cited as being Cinavia free. I have an existing one now which is dated Sept 2010. It plays 3D and I've been pretty satisfied with its performance. No wireless wizbang features without a dongle but I don't use any of that anyway. Panasonic appears to have quit updating the BDT100 firmware some time back so I don't see an issue with them slipping a Cinavia infection in on me. Although new BDT100s are few and far between (& very pricey), Amazon is offering a few refurbs here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003ZXE87A/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished
and I took a chance on a Panasonic reboxed one with all the accessories for $90US. Don't know if I would trust some of the other sources. Ebay also has some offerings. Probably irrelevant after Cinavia is cracked but I need a second player that will work right now so this looked like a good opportunity.

Cinavia crack

I just pulled the pin on buying a second Panny DMT-BDT100 which has been cited as being Cinavia free. I have an existing one now which is dated Sept 2010. It plays 3D and I've been pretty satisfied with its performance. No wireless wizbang features without a dongle but I don't use any of that anyway. Panasonic appears to have quit updating the BDT100 firmware some time back so I don't see an issue with them slipping a Cinavia infection in on me. Although new BDT100s are few and far between (& very pricey), Amazon is offering a few refurbs here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003ZXE87A/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished
and I took a chance on a Panasonic reboxed one with all the accessories for $90US. Don't know if I would trust some of the other sources. Ebay also has some offerings. Probably irrelevant after Cinavia is cracked but I need a second player that will work right now so this looked like a good opportunity.

I have mentioned this before, but got no response, so I'll mention it again. The Cinavia crack isn't really a crack of the Cinavia code, just a crack of the audio signal which is not the greatest playback of audio at this point, but it is getting better. The total possible Cinavia crack will be immaterial for us, because Sony is working on the cloud registration of all disks containing Cinavia. All disc will have to go to the cloud, to be registered and unlocked before you can play your disc (each and every time you want to view it). When this happens the crack of the audio track that is being protected by Cinavia and has not had the best results from the hackers, will be useless because of the watermaked registration number that can not be copied will not unlock your disc. The other thing is that when they change the format on the disc, it will no longer play on any older players (yes that means that again you will have to buy another new player, just like evey other time they have changed the format on newer disc). Grant it your older players will still play the older disc, but when the change comes, no newer disc will play on any player that doesn't recognize the new format for cloud registration. Please understand that I am only using the name Cloud in this sense because I don't really know the exact name they will be using, but it is just like the ultraviolet versions they have out now, except the code will be on the disc, (instead of a code # like the ultraviolet downloads have now), and can only be registered thru that upload. TV's are now SMART TV's and so will the new players be SMART, and everything else being used to access movies on disc and cable will be SMART. The end is coming for the so called ownership of the movie disc that we enjoy right now. The movie producers will have total ownership of the movie and the viewing rights, you will simply own the disc that has the registration codes to view the movie, not the movie itself. The talk about the movie producers also limiting the actual viewing rights or times that the movie can be viewed within a certain amount of time before you may have to repurchase a new contract of viewing rights is also on the table. Every disc you buy will be registered to you personally by your name and address. That reason being so that you will not be able to register your disc for viewing and then turn around and sell your disc to another for them to register it and view it, where's the profit for the movie producers? Profit is what has driven Sony and Cinavia and the DRM to keep trying to take back ownership of the movies on Disc, think about it! Sorry for the bad news, but these are the real facts as to where the movie industry is going with DRM and the powers of Cinavia and your rights. What I'm doing is savng extra players that will play everything I have, and will have, until the big change, and building my library, because just like global warming, not everyone believes this will ever happen, so be prepared is all I can say. Don't just take my word on this matter, read, read, read, everything you can on DRM and Cinavia, and see for yoursef. Don't just read peoples opinions on forums, because you know the old saying about people and opinions right?

I'm sorry, but, I call total BS on your entire premise. Links to this supposed new form of DRM? You're talking about putting all physical disc rentals out of business literally overnight. And telling users "sorry, but, if you want to continue buying our product you're going to have to buy a whole new player"? Really? Call me "skeptical" unless you can show us undeniable proof with links to your claims.

And just to be ABSOLUTELY clear on the matter, I'm specifically referring to blu-ray, not 4K or UltraViolet or any other format.

i don't believe that for a second either. Cloud based disc protection and unlocking? Get real. Even as widespread as internet and wifi is, not everyone likes the idea of linking their disc player to the internet. Where's your proof for that so called "protection", for the moment all i'm seeing is a wall of text full of bs.

I'm sorry, but, I call total BS on your entire premise. Links to this supposed new form of DRM? You're talking about putting all physical disc rentals out of business literally overnight. And telling users "sorry, but, if you want to continue buying our product you're going to have to buy a whole new player"? Really? Call me "skeptical" unless you can show us undeniable proof with links to your claims.

And just to be ABSOLUTELY clear on the matter, I'm specifically referring to blu-ray, not 4K or UltraViolet or any other format.

First off, your telling me that you have not had to buy another Bly-ray player because certain Blu-rays wouldn't play before Cinavia? You didn't have to buy another Blu-ray player when the Cinavia encoded players were the only way they were being produced, and the Cinavia encoded disc would only play on the the new Cinavia encoded players? I find that hard to believe myself, because I have and many others had to also, otherwise you couldn't play the newer Cinavia disc. Many backup copies of Cinavia encoded disc won't play on older Blu-rays or newer Blu-rays, unless you use some of the other types of programs and players found online that have cracked the audio track. Cinavia programmers and Cinavia hackers are always trying to stay ahead and will succeed with the new system being put into play, just watch and see.
Why do you think the rental companies are changing to streaming access, they will not go out of business just change the way they do business. They buy different license agreements then the public does. Even movie theaters have different license agreements, not everyone has the same agreements. People that buy the movie will not own them like they think they do, read all the warnings, your not even supposed to show them publicly because of copyrights. Do you think that because we bought the movie we own all the rights to that movie and own it outright? Copying any movie for any reason, has always been illegle, that will never change. I used to be involved in the film industry, editing to be exact, for 45 years and have met a lot of people that I keep in contact with. Links, I spent many hours talking to people that I have met in the industry, and people that they have introduced me to, do your own investigation, I did mine, but you can be as skeptical as you want to be, just keep watching the changes coming. Don't kill the messenger, investigate.

A cinavia protected disc has no more special hardware requirements than a non-cinavia disc from 3 years ago. My panasonic DMP-BD85 playes cinavia protected discs just fine, so no there's no such thing as a "cinavia protected disc that only plays on cinavia detecting players". That's nonsence, if you take care of your equipment it lasts a long time

i don't believe that for a second either. Cloud based disc protection and unlocking? Get real. Even as widespread as internet and wifi is, not everyone likes the idea of linking their disc player to the internet. Where's your proof for that so called "protection", for the moment all i'm seeing is a wall of text full of bs.

I don't understand when people don't believe that an industry can make you purchase something in order to continue viewing any content. People never believed that they wouldn't be able to continue using their analog TV's, but it happened, unless you purchase the adaptor unit to change digital to analog viewing, but try to go buy a new analog TV today. All industry has successfully driven the market and made people buy newer products, then phase out the older. Look at all the hassle from Xbox and the registration of any new game you purchase being registered to your box and you couldn't sell, trade, or lend out, or take to a friends house to play. You had to jump through hoops to sell the game and mostly to authorized dealers, friending someone thru microsoft before being able to trade or give away. That should have shown many people what is coming down the road, for many types of media.
You may or may not believe how far the movie industry will go to protect their copyrights, but, look at where they are at this point in time. Cinavia, originally called Verance Copy Management System for Audiovisual Content has been purfecting their program for over 15 years and also employ some of the best hackers in the world to help close the backdoors, to make it almost totally hack proof today, are still working on the bugs to make it better tomorrow. The movie producers are profit driven and Sony successfully has the Blu-ray manufactors online to put Cinavia into every player they produce. The format on the newer Cinavia disc won't play in older Blu-ray players, which means that new players will have to be purchased. So what makes anyone think that the movie industry won't make the disc of the future to be registered and uploaded with your owner info for that disc, only to be played by you with no resale rights. The movie industry is money or profit driven, so the more people that buy the disc the more money made. Like I said before, I'm just the messenger, you don't have to believe me if you don't want to, that is your decision, but investigate before damning.

The format on the newer Cinavia disc won't play in older Blu-ray players, which means that new players will have to be purchased.

Again, they play just fine here on my 4+ year old player. Yes even the most recent cinavia protected discs! So far all we've seen from you is a wall of text claiming "prevent playback this, new player that, new copyright protection there", yet not a single link to evidence to back up everything you say. Provide the proof on what your saying or its all bs.

A cinavia protected disc has no more special hardware requirements than a non-cinavia disc from 3 years ago. My panasonic DMP-BD85 playes cinavia protected discs just fine, so no there's no such thing as a "cinavia protected disc that only plays on cinavia detecting players". That's nonsence, if you take care of your equipment it lasts a long time

All I can say is that maybe I should have bought a panasonic DMP-BD85, my Samsung 6500 with no Cinavia won't play all Cinavia protected disc, it will play most of the older ones but not all of the newer ones, and I'm not the only one having problems with some of the newer disc. But, my info is still the same about, as the newer technology continues it will advance to the conclusion of my statement. I'm not saying that it's coming next week, I'm just saying that it is in the works and will be here. Cinavia took 11 years to come out to Blu-ray disc, and the Cinavia crack may keep getting better and better still, but like all good things there does come an end.
Would it have made it better for the readers if I waited for this bad news to be broadcast on TV? Where would I have told that breaking news to then?

Again, they play just fine here on my 4+ year old player. Yes even the most recent cinavia protected discs! So far all we've seen from you is a wall of text claiming "prevent playback this, new player that, new copyright protection there", yet not a single link to evidence to back up everything you say. Provide the proof on what your saying or its all bs.

My info comes from people I know, and I won't give out their numbers, but the info is out there, do your own investigation, it's there to find, look for yourself. If your best response is that it is BS, and there is no global warming, then stay in your foxhole and think the way you want, that is your right. Like I said, no one likes to hear about bad news, so look for yourself and stop blamming me. I'm just passing info that I heard, on for you to investigate, like I originally stated in my first response read, read, read.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day , teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. Everyone wants someone to give them a fish, I say again read, read, read, for yourself.
You will inturpret what you want from the information you seek, just like you have from the information I shared. Please stop damning me and search for the truth from the info available, do your own work like I have, that's not to much to ask is it? I gave you a starting point now go from there.

i'm not asking for numbers lol. if the info is "out there" as you say, then where are some links to (news) articles about your so called "proof".

As i always say: Proof or it didn't happen

Sorry but you have no comprehension of Cinavia at all so that pretty much ends this discussion for me. To say a non Cinavia player won't play Cinavia discs is complete nonsense.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Actually, I'll add one point. I do believe new DRM is coming for future formats. It doesn't take "someone in the know" to figure out such an obvious point. What I SPECIFICALLY said is the existing blu-ray format. And then you went on about analog tv's which has absolutely nothing to do with blu-rays. Cinavia, while mandatory on players that were licensed after Feb 2012, is NOT mandatory on discs. Nor is anyone but Sony and a few Warner Brothers titles actually using it on blu-ray. Where it's most successful is in the theater. The really easy way to avoid Cinavia is exactly what you said is not possible and what you claim not to believe...to use a player that doesn't support it. The fact that you claim such players "can't" play Cinavia tells me you have no comprehension at all of how Cinavia ACTUALLY works. Do I think worse DRM is coming? Of course. Do I think it's coming on blu-ray? No. And I still don't.

jup sam. Cinavia protected discs refuse to play on old players, hmm i wonder why my DMP-BD85 and ur player play them just fine then :) This guy's got no clue how cinavia works

Same here, my old Pre Cinavia players still play back my more modern discs that have Cinavia on them. Only time I have issues is due to Java Menu problems on some modern discs which I can get round by making either a 'Movie only' or using Speedmenu's

jup sam. Cinavia protected discs refuse to play on old players, hmm i wonder why my DMP-BD85 and ur player play them just fine then :) This guy's got no clue how cinavia works

You guys are so fast to call BS, that's O.K. go ahead and be that way, I'll beat that if some one would have said back in 1999 that Cinavia was coming out you would have said the same thing then. But like I said it's coming, and if your minds are so tight that you can't envision the new technology that is in the works, that's O.K. you can continue to be closed minded and not see the writting on the wall. Again read all my statements you will see that I'm just warning about a future happening and suggesting that people do their own research and not just take my word for it. Never said that everyone should just accept what I say, but to look for themselves. You guys seem to know everything there is to know, so why even dam me for saying what I did, just ignore me, seeing as you know better and that there is no way technology could be smarter then you. Sorry for your fast judgement without any research on your part. Again I did mine, do yours, then judge.

Sorry but you have no comprehension of Cinavia at all so that pretty much ends this discussion for me. To say a non Cinavia player won't play Cinavia discs is complete nonsense.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Never said I was an expert on Cinavia, I just stated where it was going, and what was in the works, for the future. I also stated that my blu-ray player has already stopped playing some of the newer blu-ray disc that have Cinavia, not all of them. I never stated that it was going to happen on a certain date, only that it is in the works and would be a future happening. You guys are so critical instead of searching for the info, you want me to prove it by sending you links, when I told you that it came from friends in the industry. There is info out there, I was told, you just have to search for it, that's all I know. But far be it from me, that I will ever send any info that I hear again to anyone on this forum. Excuse the hell outa me for passing on some info.

passing on info? All you did was say certain stuff is/was going to happen without providing adequate proof to it. So all you did was speculate. "the info is out there, you have to search for it", well you already searched for it so just post the links to the claims your making. Untill you've done so, all you've done is tell a nice little story without anything to back it up

passing on info? All you did was say certain stuff is/was going to happen without providing adequate proof to it. So all you did was speculate. "the info is out there, you have to search for it", well you already searched for it so just post the links to the claims your making. Untill you've done so, all you've done is tell a nice little story without anything to back it up

I already stated that the info came from friends in the industry, you obviously only read what you want from my quotes and then disregard the rest, call everything BS and ask me to give you links so you don't have to do any work. I will not give out their numbers, and I no longer care if you believe it or not. Do your own work on research and stop asking me to send you the links.

Back