• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

You obviously don't understand how Cinavia works. It's an inaudible water mark that only gets detected by a player designed to detect it, if you play it in a player that has no Cinavia detection then it ignores the watermark. The fact that you have some disc that don't play in older players has nothing to do with Cinavia.

You seem capable of reading up on things that don't exist yet but won't give us any links about it, but seem unable to read up on how Cinavia actually works. If you had you'd know that your claim about Cinavia stopping the disc from working in non Cinavia detecting players was wrong. The reason they don't play is going to be down to authoring issues not Cinavia

Last edited:
The format on the newer Cinavia disc won't play in older Blu-ray players, which means that new players will have to be purchased. So what makes anyone think that the movie industry won't make the disc of the future to be registered and uploaded with your owner info for that disc, only to be played by you with no resale rights. The movie industry is money or profit driven, so the more people that buy the disc the more money made. Like I said before, I'm just the messenger, you don't have to believe me if you don't want to, that is your decision, but investigate before damning.

If this ever does become a reality, the general public and DVD/Bluray fans should boycott the movie industry, Sony, and Verance. If you let corporations run YOUR life like this, then it time for a major overhaul of your life. Get out of movie disks forever and movies, change YOUR life, get a different hobby.

Life will still go on, without having a movie to WATCH or BUILD a back-up movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a few things here. You talk about people ignoring what you're saying when in fact you're guilty of doing the same. I read what you said. I responded to what you said. And what *I* said in response is that I fully believe we will see new DRM for new formats (4K, UltraViolet, etc). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the industry isn't sitting around not creating new DRM schemes. What I ALSO said is there's no reason to believe that any of it's going to make it to blu-ray. Your claim that old players can't play Cinavia discs IS BS. It's complete nonsense. Why didn't they just force everyone to buy new players in order to play Cinavia enabled discs? You're insistent that they'll do so for whatever new scheme they come up with....again, FOR BLU-RAY. I simply remain skeptical of such a claim.

And if for some reason I end up being wrong and they somehow manage to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing stuff that no one can play without buying some new DRM, privacy stealing machine, such is life. I will no longer buy any movies. I own over 500 blu-rays as it is. I've got quite enough content at this point to last me a lifetime should I choose. So let them kill off their industry. Movie ticket sales are WAY down. I just spent 30 bucks for 2 people to go see a matinee at the theater and another 20 bucks for 2 waters and a medium popcorn. And the suck job part of that? They decided not to show it in 3D for most of the day. I have a 65" plasma, home theater PC, PS4, Xbox One, and PS3 that all are capable of playing blu-rays. And my home theater PC is not burdened with the affliction of Cinavia problems. And I can play every disc I own on it. Whether it contains Cinavia or not.

You make bold claims about what's coming (which aren't really all that bold or sensational, really, considering most of them will be applied to new formats rather than blu-ray), ask us to "do our homework" and not take your word for it (agreed on that one), and make claims about Cinavia which are not, in fact, true. And we're closed-minded here? To quote Dr Evil.....riiiigggggghhhhhhtttttttttt.

You obviously don't understand how Cinavia works. It's an inaudible water mark that only gets detected by a player designed to detect it, if you play it in a player that has no Cinavia detection then it ignores the watermark. The fact that you have some disc that don't play in older players has nothing to do with Cinavia.

You seem capable of reading up on things that don't exist yet but won't give us any links about it, but seem unable to read up on how Cinavia actually works. If you had you'd know that your claim about Cinavia stopping the disc from working in non Cinavia detecting players was wrong. The reason they don't play is going to be down to authoring issues not Cinavia

I do understand that it is a watermark in the audio track. I never said that Cinavia was stopping my disc from playing on my older machine, re-read my quotes. I stated that I have a few newer blu-ray disc that won't play in my samsung 6500, even though it doesn't have the Cinavia encoding on it. I purchased a Cinavia encoded LG and those disc will play on that machine, why they will not play on the samsung, I don't know, unless there was a format update on those newer disc that the samsung doesn't recognize, it is a mystery to me, if that is not the case. I never said that I read about the new technology in the works. I said that I worked in the filming industry in editing and am now retired, but still know people in the industry and we talk about the new technology that is coming out, and also, that I will not give out their numbers. I also said you don't have to believe me, investegate it yourself. I also said that if some one had told about Cinavia being on the drawing board back in 1999, and what those capabilities were, many people would not have believed that either. I knew about a new copyright protection coming out, but didn't know to what extent it would be entitled, and everyone was ordered not to talk about it, with warnings of termination back in 2008. I retired shortly after that and Cinavia was a surprize to me as well. It may take another decade to come to light, but it is coming. That is the only reason I mentioned it, and said read everything you can find on it. But, instead of having a thanks, we'll check it out as much as possible, I get damned for mentioning it, and get nit-picked to death over every thing I said. I just tried to pass on some info and asked everyone to check it out the best they could, and everyone wants private information on my friends. How about giving me all your private information, and then maybe I'll give you theirs, or better yet, I'll pass on your information to them and they can contact you. How's that sound?

cardzetc said:
I do understand that it is a watermark in the audio track. I never said that Cinavia was stopping my disc from playing on my older machine, re-read my quotes.
Actually I did go back and read your posts, and you quite clearly stated this
cardzetc said:
...Many backup copies of Cinavia encoded disc won't play on older Blu-rays or newer Blu-rays, unless you use some of the other types of programs and players found online that have cracked the audio track. ....
This is quite clearly wrong as Cinavia will not stop it from playing on older players. If it doesn't play on older players this has nothing to do with Cinavia, and most software players don't contain Cinavia detection so the films will play on those with no issues either. No Cinavia detection means no muting and messages during the playback of copied films. Only commercial software players are required to have Cinavia detection, so only those will have an issue with backups, and even then if you have AnyDVD running it disables the Cinavia detection part of the playback software so you still don't get the issue. AnyDVD hasn't 'cracked the audio track' as you put it, it disables the detection routine in the playback software so essentially it's the same as playing it back in a pre 2012 player that never had Cinavia detection

Last edited:
1) Cinavia will not nor was it designed to stop older players from playing Cinavia encoded disks. I have an older Panny DMP-BD35 player and it plays "Men in Black 3" quite well (dang - it won't play the 3D disk).
2) It's possible that players that are not Cinavia compliant could be made Cinavia compliant through a firmware update as evidenced by some posts here. However, I suspect with older players it may be a hardware issue (chipsets within the machine) and they cannot be made Cinavia compliant even with a firmware update. There's no evidence to that effect, so it's only a suspicion. It's also irrelevant for machines made before 2012 since it (Cinavia) was not required for certification and manufactures would not go the extra license expense to put it in those machines even if a firmware patch was capable of doing that.
3) Interestingly, firmware updates for my BD35, BD85, and BDT100 have not been available for some time and these machines still play both non-compliant and compliant disks. I again suspect, that once BD formats (between manufactures & studios) stabilized, fewer, and fewer firmware updates were required. Since the aforementioned machines no longer get firmware updates, I'm not the least afraid one will make them Cinavia compliant.
4) If, somehow, the industry threw in some weird monkey wrench via the internet (none of my machines are internet connected), or via some new disk manufacturing twist to intentionally make older machines inoperable (for any reason), there would be such an uproar from BD player owners that it would lead to the demise of those studios behind such an act. Class action lawsuits would run rampant.
5) If you have a machine that won't play older disks, blame the machine. (Be sure it has the latest firmware update. Not having such can create this issue.) It's not Cinavia related.
6) If you have a machine that won't play disk back-ups, it might be Cinavia related, depending on the machine and the disk that's backed up.
7) If you want a machine that will play back-ups of Cinavia encoded disks, buy a pre-2012 machine. They are available, though you may have to go with a refurb in some cases.
8 ) Ignore #7 if and when a Cinavia crack is implemented (not referring to SlySoft's circumvention of software player's Cinavia infection).

Last edited:
2) not possible through a firmware update for standalone players. Cinavia detection needs specific hardware to detect on standalone, which licensed models before the implementation date don't have
3) they won't get updated to cinavia detection as 1) they don't have the hardware for it and 2) those players were licensed before the mandatory cinavia detection date (Feb 1st, 2012) meaning they simply don't have to detect it.
4) not possible, ya can't slap on new hardware through the internet :p

You actually want to be careful with the "not possible" talk. It IS possible. The only thing required in the case of Cinavia is a strong enough processor to decode the audio and run the Cinavia algorithm on it. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it's not possible. Firmware updates COULD, in theory, introduce new protections on BD. However, if any of them REQUIRED internet access in order to play the disc, yes, class action lawsuits would indeed ensue. That would be a bait and switch. In the case of consoles it's a bit more of a gray area. They're technically software players similar in nature to PDVD and TMT. And those are also updated. So new protections could be introduced, but, I don't think they care about blu-ray anymore. This is the part people are failing to understand with what I said. There's no money in adding new protections to the blu-ray spec. The studios see the writing on the wall in streaming, as does Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, Amazon, Red Box, etc, etc. I don't see the blu-ray format itself surviving more than another 5 years. There's no incentive in investing more money to change the format at this point. The money is better spent on developing 4K streaming and DRM for those things. Which is what I said. I FULLY believe new DRM schemes ARE coming. I just don't think they're coming to blu-ray. But to say it's not possible is a bit of a stretch. It's certainly possible. Just improbable.

Actually I did go back and read your posts, and you quite clearly stated this This is quite clearly wrong as Cinavia will not stop it from playing on older players. If it doesn't play on older players this has nothing to do with Cinavia, and most software players don't contain Cinavia detection so the films will play on those with no issues either. No Cinavia detection means no muting and messages during the playback of copied films. Only commercial software players are required to have Cinavia detection, so only those will have an issue with backups, and even then if you have AnyDVD running it disables the Cinavia detection part of the playback software so you still don't get the issue. AnyDVD hasn't 'cracked the audio track' as you put it, it disables the detection routine in the playback software so essentially it's the same as playing it back in a pre 2012 player that never had Cinavia detection

Like I said nit-pick everything to death, Excuse me that I said older players, but any player that does recognize Cinavia won't play, does that make you happy now. Just forget anything I said and leave the nit-picking to women.

Like I said nit-pick everything to death, Excuse me that I said older players, but any player that does recognize Cinavia won't play, does that make you happy now. Just forget anything I said and leave the nit-picking to women.

We're already aware that settop players that have Cinavia detection won't play back a copy, that's pretty much what the thread is about. It's the fact that you said that older players without Cinavia detection wouldn't play the discs due to Cinavia that we questioned, which was blatantly wrong, then you said you hadn't said that and I should go back and re-read your post which I did and in fact you had. That's not 'nit-picking' that's pointing out a factual error

Last edited:
Actually I did go back and read your posts, and you quite clearly stated this This is quite clearly wrong as Cinavia will not stop it from playing on older players. If it doesn't play on older players this has nothing to do with Cinavia, and most software players don't contain Cinavia detection so the films will play on those with no issues either. No Cinavia detection means no muting and messages during the playback of copied films. Only commercial software players are required to have Cinavia detection, so only those will have an issue with backups, and even then if you have AnyDVD running it disables the Cinavia detection part of the playback software so you still don't get the issue. AnyDVD hasn't 'cracked the audio track' as you put it, it disables the detection routine in the playback software so essentially it's the same as playing it back in a pre 2012 player that never had Cinavia detection

Maybe I should have made myself a little more clear when I was stating blu-ray. Because I'm a 3D movie collector, I have a lot of 3D movies from over seas as well. Just like Crower just stated, Men in Black 3-3D won't play on my older samsung 6500, and the disc that are 3D, I'm having problems with some of those newer 3D disc playing on my 6500. I didn't say all newer disc won't play, I said there were many newer disc that wouldn't play in my 6500. Men in Black 3-3D as just one example would not and never will play in my 6500, but it played just fine in the newer LG with Cinavia encoded on it. I'm not going to go through all of my movies to make a list of all the ones that are acting up like the Men in Black 3-3D disc, I'm sure others know which ones I'm talking about. I'm not interested in trying to make backups of those movies since I can play them on my LG. There may be others that have no problem playing those same disc because they have different players, but my 6500 doesn't have the Cinavia encoding update and never did have it. My 6500 has the original board when built and has never had any updates. I wondered if there was a format change that was not updated to my samsung and to other peoples players, as we don't want to upload the Cinavia update on our older players, that may be stopping the 3D movies from playing on my 6500 or others players. Not updating the older machines means no updates for any other type of change for the older players. I can play many Cinavia encoded blu-ray and dvd's, even back ups, even new ones that just came out this week, but there are those that won't play and that is why I made my statement about a format change that has not been updated on my 6500 that may be stopping those particular disk from working on mine or any older player that haven't had any updates to allow the newer formats. If people own a player that is not affected by those newer format changes that's great but there are those of us that have been affected. I have tried to correct all these problems by suggestions from the forum, but all the links for that last update that was Cinavia free would not work for me, so I remained stuck with the original board program. Others have that same problem, being stuck with the original program and can not get any Cinavia free updates and can not play certain disc. Again for all those that don't have that problem, congrats, but for those stuck in my situation we do, and nothing will change that if we can't get an update that doesn't have Cinavia.

Cinavia isn't the CAUSE of the inability of those discs to play, though, and that was the point. I guess from your point of view it indirectly is because you can't update your player beyond a certain firmware version without adding Cinavia detection to it. But that's an indirect relationship and where the confusion came from. Had you explained it originally like you just did, there'd have been no confusion. The BD spec does change from time to time, although it's supposed to remain backwards compatible with older players. That's not always the case without updates to the older player's firmware...which leaves you with the catch 22 of allowing newer discs to play at the expense of then having Cinavia. I can sympathize with that difficult decision. This is why I use a non-licensed player for non-3D blu-rays and why I use a software player (PowerDVD 14) with AnyDVD's software player Cinavia fix enabled to play my 3D movies. It's a tough balance, to be sure. And those that stick with stand alone hardware players have less options and far more tradeoffs. That's the nature of BD, unfortunately.

Cinavia isn't the CAUSE of the inability of those discs to play, though, and that was the point. I guess from your point of view it indirectly is because you can't update your player beyond a certain firmware version without adding Cinavia detection to it. But that's an indirect relationship and where the confusion came from. Had you explained it originally like you just did, there'd have been no confusion. The BD spec does change from time to time, although it's supposed to remain backwards compatible with older players. That's not always the case without updates to the older player's firmware...which leaves you with the catch 22 of allowing newer discs to play at the expense of then having Cinavia. I can sympathize with that difficult decision. This is why I use a non-licensed player for non-3D blu-rays and why I use a software player (PowerDVD 14) with AnyDVD's software player Cinavia fix enabled to play my 3D movies. It's a tough balance, to be sure. And those that stick with stand alone hardware players have less options and far more tradeoffs. That's the nature of BD, unfortunately.

Agreed.

Unlike the DVD standard where standlone DVD players pretty much just all play DVDs as they should we are stuck with the Blu-ray standards which exist [and have evolved] but due to protection mechanisms and weird authoring have lead to problems with standalone players and even software players. The need for firmware updates to players to handle [some] newer Blu-ray releases due to a standalone player having an issue with it is in another universe compared to the old days with DVD players. So, Samsung didn't update the firmware of this player and due to however the 3D Blu-ray releases are being authored is causing a problem with the player. That's an entirely separate issue to Cinavia. It's so far removed from being connected that it's in another dimension.

Only Lovers Left Alive - Cinavia - Sony BluRay player

This thread is for a list of Blurays/dvds that contain Cinavia protection and a list of bluray/media players and firmware versions do or don't contain cinavia support.

NOTE: SlySoft will eventually resolve this issue in the coming Slyce product, not AnyDVD.

ONLY post in this thread if you know of titles that contain Cinavia or if you know which players and firmwares are and aren't affected. If possible post a photo of your tv showing the movie and the Cinavia message. For any other information about Cinavia use this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41581

Hopefully a moderator could make this post a sticky.

Cross-reference to this list available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia#List_of_Known_Releases_with_Cinavia_Watermarking

Blurays:

The Losers - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Tourist - Region A
The Karate Kid (2010) - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
Salt - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Other Guys - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
Resident Evil Afterlife - Region A, B and C (3Q 2011)
The Social Network - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
Battle: Los Angeles - Region A and Region B, C (3Q 2011)
Zookeeper - Region A (reported 10/2011)
Smurfs - Region A (reported 12/2011)
Roommate - Region A re-released on BluRay (reported 12/2011)
Friends With Benefits - Region B (reported 01/2012)

DVDs:

The Takers - Region 1 (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Tourist - Region 1 (reported 9/2011)
Zookeeper - Region 1 (reported 10/2011)
Zookeeper - Region 2 & Region 5 (reported 12/2011)
Wrath of the titans - Region 1 (reported 7/2012)
Project X - Region 1 (reported 7/2012)

Bluray players/media players that contain Cinavia:

Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) - Firmwares affected - all firmwares newer than v3.01 contain Cinavia (Message Code 3)
Pioneer BDP-V6000 - unknown firmware atm
Samsung BD 5700
Denon DBP-1611UD - unknown firmware atm
Marantz UD5005 - unknown firmware atm

Bluray players/media players that DO NOT contain Cinavia:

LG BD550 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD560 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD570 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
Samsung BD-P1590 latest firmware v2.13 and older
Samsung BD-C5900-XAA firmware BSP-C6900WWB-1019.1 and older
Samsung BD-C6900 up until firmware version BSP-C6900WWB-1018.1
Sony BDP-S300 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S301 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S360 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S370 firmware M03.R.315 and older
Sony BDP-S550 latest firmware 020 and older
Sony BDP-S560 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S570 firmware M04.R.624 and older
Sony BDP-N460 firmware M02.R.123 and older
Sony BDP-CX960 firmware v013 and older
Oppo BDP-80 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 SE - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-93 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-95 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Panasonic DMP-BD85 - firmware v1.70 dated 2010/10/15 and older
Panasonic DMP-BDT350 - firmware v1.73 dated November 22, 2010 and older
Panasonic SC-BT230 firmware 1.50 and older
Philips BDP9600 firmware 1.53
Pioneer BDP-51FD and BDP-05FD firmware v1.70
Pioneer BDP-320 V3.70 firmware and older
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDAVN00 (latest FW v1.03.01 and older)
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 2nd Gen - model: WDBABF0000NBK-NESN (firmware 1.01.70 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBAAN0000NBK (latest beta Firmware v1.03.35 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBABX0000NBK (latest Firmware v1.03.29 and older)
Vizio VBR100 firmware unknown

Software players that contain Cinavia:

CyberLink PowerDVD 12

Software Players that DONT contain Cinavia at the current time:

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3
Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 5
Corel WinDVD Pro 2010
CyberLink PowerDVD 10
CyberLink PowerDVD 11

SamuriHL Update: Note that TV's, Receivers, cell phones, tablets, sound cards, cable modems, pocket watches, and any other device that is *NOT* a player DOES NOT "contain Cinavia". It is not technically possible as the *PLAYER* has to determine what is or is not a trust source. If you suspect you are dealing with a Cinavia problem, you will know if, and ONLY IF, you SEE AN ACTUAL CINAVIA MESSAGE ON THE SCREEN. I don't care if the "title contains Cinavia". If you do NOT see a Cinavia ERROR message, you are NOT dealing with a Cinavia problem.

NOTE:

Only Lovers Left Alive contains cinavia. I copied it (through AnyDVDHD) with the new CloneBD. Region was removed but about 20 mins in on the copy cinavia kicked in. Black screen with white lettering telling me it is cinavia and giving a web site about it.

Only Lovers Left Alive - Cinavia - Sony BluRay player

This thread is for a list of Blurays/dvds that contain Cinavia protection and a list of bluray/media players and firmware versions do or don't contain cinavia support.

NOTE: SlySoft will eventually resolve this issue in the coming Slyce product, not AnyDVD.

ONLY post in this thread if you know of titles that contain Cinavia or if you know which players and firmwares are and aren't affected. If possible post a photo of your tv showing the movie and the Cinavia message. For any other information about Cinavia use this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41581

Hopefully a moderator could make this post a sticky.

Cross-reference to this list available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia#List_of_Known_Releases_with_Cinavia_Watermarking

Blurays:

The Losers - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Tourist - Region A
The Karate Kid (2010) - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
Salt - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Other Guys - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
Resident Evil Afterlife - Region A, B and C (3Q 2011)
The Social Network - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
Battle: Los Angeles - Region A and Region B, C (3Q 2011)
Zookeeper - Region A (reported 10/2011)
Smurfs - Region A (reported 12/2011)
Roommate - Region A re-released on BluRay (reported 12/2011)
Friends With Benefits - Region B (reported 01/2012)

DVDs:

The Takers - Region 1 (Unknown for other regions atm)
The Tourist - Region 1 (reported 9/2011)
Zookeeper - Region 1 (reported 10/2011)
Zookeeper - Region 2 & Region 5 (reported 12/2011)
Wrath of the titans - Region 1 (reported 7/2012)
Project X - Region 1 (reported 7/2012)

Bluray players/media players that contain Cinavia:

Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) - Firmwares affected - all firmwares newer than v3.01 contain Cinavia (Message Code 3)
Pioneer BDP-V6000 - unknown firmware atm
Samsung BD 5700
Denon DBP-1611UD - unknown firmware atm
Marantz UD5005 - unknown firmware atm

Bluray players/media players that DO NOT contain Cinavia:

LG BD550 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD560 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD570 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
Samsung BD-P1590 latest firmware v2.13 and older
Samsung BD-C5900-XAA firmware BSP-C6900WWB-1019.1 and older
Samsung BD-C6900 up until firmware version BSP-C6900WWB-1018.1
Sony BDP-S300 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S301 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S360 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S370 firmware M03.R.315 and older
Sony BDP-S550 latest firmware 020 and older
Sony BDP-S560 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S570 firmware M04.R.624 and older
Sony BDP-N460 firmware M02.R.123 and older
Sony BDP-CX960 firmware v013 and older
Oppo BDP-80 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 SE - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-93 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-95 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Panasonic DMP-BD85 - firmware v1.70 dated 2010/10/15 and older
Panasonic DMP-BDT350 - firmware v1.73 dated November 22, 2010 and older
Panasonic SC-BT230 firmware 1.50 and older
Philips BDP9600 firmware 1.53
Pioneer BDP-51FD and BDP-05FD firmware v1.70
Pioneer BDP-320 V3.70 firmware and older
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDAVN00 (latest FW v1.03.01 and older)
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 2nd Gen - model: WDBABF0000NBK-NESN (firmware 1.01.70 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBAAN0000NBK (latest beta Firmware v1.03.35 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBABX0000NBK (latest Firmware v1.03.29 and older)
Vizio VBR100 firmware unknown

Software players that contain Cinavia:

CyberLink PowerDVD 12

Software Players that DONT contain Cinavia at the current time:

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3
Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 5
Corel WinDVD Pro 2010
CyberLink PowerDVD 10
CyberLink PowerDVD 11

SamuriHL Update: Note that TV's, Receivers, cell phones, tablets, sound cards, cable modems, pocket watches, and any other device that is *NOT* a player DOES NOT "contain Cinavia". It is not technically possible as the *PLAYER* has to determine what is or is not a trust source. If you suspect you are dealing with a Cinavia problem, you will know if, and ONLY IF, you SEE AN ACTUAL CINAVIA MESSAGE ON THE SCREEN. I don't care if the "title contains Cinavia". If you do NOT see a Cinavia ERROR message, you are NOT dealing with a Cinavia problem.

NOTE:

Forgot to add: The player was a Sony Blu-ray Disc DVD Player BDP - S190

How about doing away with this thread or at least revising it with current information?

The contents of the original list are woefully out of date and it isn't too practical to read back through all the posts when searching for a current title that incorporates Cinavia.

As for players, a list of those recent players that DON"T incorporate Cinavia would be more realistic (if there are ANY). We know that all players now have Cinavia so it's a mute point to list the players having it.

I personally believe this thread has outlived its usefulness and might be considered for retirement.

There are no Blu-ray players being made any more, who are Cinavia free. Since January 2012, all Blu-ray players has to be equipted with Cinavia.
As for movies, its generally known that all discs released by Sony, has Cinavia on them and movie therefor better be ripped to MKV or entire disc created as BD-ISO and then be played with a media player, with either a couple of USB harddrives attached or a NAS.

There are no Blu-ray players being made any more, who are Cinavia free. Since January 2012, all Blu-ray players has to be equipted with Cinavia.

My point exactly - since there are no current stand alone players without Cinavia, why have a player list? Just have a blanket statement that ALL players after Jan 2012 are Cinavia infected.

As for movies, its generally known that all discs released by Sony, has Cinavia on them and movie therefor better be ripped to MKV or entire disc created as BD-ISO and then be played with a media player, with either a couple of USB harddrives attached or a NAS.

There are still a lot of us out here who want to play our backups on a stand-alone player and don't have HTPC systems or media players. For us, a list of Cinavia infected titles WOULD be helpful (so we could avoid those titles - already avoiding Sony), but they all need to be in one place and kept current. This thread doesn't serve that purpose in its current form. I would suggest it be retired and if someone wanted to take on the task of keeping a current cumulative Cinavia title list alive, that would be great.

Last edited:
I got curious and visited the CinEXHD site. Seems they have a new version of their software which effectively removes Cinavia protection (anyone have experience with it??).

More to the point of this thread, they have a pretty complete list of Cinavia infected titles and seem to be keeping the list current. Don't want to make this a plug for their site, but since this thread has fallen by the wayside and doesn't have a single complete list, I thought those wanting to know what titles are affected would appreciate knowing about that list. It's easy to find if anyone is interested.

CloneBD has built in detection for Cinavia. It's NOT done through a database...it can detect it in the streams.

Back