• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

If you want an "updated" list ya need to check on another site.

now would have it unless it was never updated.

Wrong, it doesn't matter when the player receives an update. What matters is when the player was first LICENSED to play blu-rays. If that date precedes Feb 1st, 2012 it does not fall under mandatory cinavia detection.

I have 2 samsung blu-ray 3d players and want to get the latest updates that do not have Cinavia in the update. Where and how do I get the update into my samsung players. New at this and any help would be nice.

Try the Samsung site. Search for your model > firmware > follow instructions. However if they will contain cinavia or not depends on the original licensing date of the player.. (and when you got it)

Thank you, I'll look for the download, these are both from feb. 2011. How do I get the update into the player? By memory stick or by online wi-fi?

I can't find the firmware update that is mentioned in the thread that is cinavia free, where would that be, on a free download site?

They usually remove the updates that don't include Cinavia detection from there website.
So Google is your friend. Type in your BD Player model and search for the Firmware. If you have luck you may find it some where out there without any Cinavia detection.

Thank you will keep trying, by the way does anyone know anything about ideer blu-ray player software? It is supposed to help your computor to play cinavia protected disc.

Thank you will keep trying, by the way does anyone know anything about ideer blu-ray player software? It is supposed to help your computor to play cinavia protected disc.

I don't see anything about cinavia circumvention on the iDeerapp website, so I doubt it does. The selling feature of iDeer seems to be that is is a "just use it" app without a complicated setup process.

Several companies have made promises they have solutions to defeat cinavia, but so far the released products have been unable to consistently back up the claims.

Edited to add:

iDeer may be software that is not an officially licensed blu-ray player, so it isn't required to include cinavia detection. So in the final analysis it may or may not detect cinavia.

Last edited:
thank you very much for the information

I have the Samsung player listed that has the protection in it today I put a Sony in line and the movie plays perfect sound and took care of another problem I was having with the Samsung the voices were always a little out of sync on retail bought blue rays drove me nuts now with the Sony s760 I had on the shelve everything is in sync and I can play my home 3D movies on blue ray on the Sony the Samsung I could not thank you again ...

I understand you may be able to play some blu-rays and 3D's on a cinavia protected sony machine, some of the new blu-rays won't play on my old samsung either, even when not backed up. They do play on my new LG that has Cinavia protection encoded on it as well. But, if the blu-ray or 3D disc has cinavia protection encoded on the disc, and you back that disc up, it won't play on your new sony that has cinavia on it. However, I have backed up Cinavia encoded disc, both blu-ray and dvd's, and they play on my samsung because it doesn't have Cinavia encoded on it. So, if your able to watch cinavia encoded backed up disc on a Cinavia encoded Sony player, your the only one I know of that can do that right now. Tell me how your doing that?

Solution to removal of Cinavia is "AnyDVD.Com" Anydvdhd will remove Cinavia from Blue ray movies. You get a 21 day free trial to see if you like it. The only thing you need to do is check the box to remove Cinavia.

Solution to removal of Cinavia is "AnyDVD.Com" Anydvdhd will remove Cinavia from Blue ray movies. You get a 21 day free trial to see if you like it. The only thing you need to do is check the box to remove Cinavia.
No it doesn't remove Cinavia. It stops software players from detecting Cinavia, but it doesn't remove it.

What?

I have had the complete set of slysoft software for years, I know I'm still learning a lot, but there's nothing yet that successfully removes Cinavia from any type of disc that will allow you to play that Cinavia protected backed up copy on any player that has the Cinavia detection system on the player.
Read my earlier response, I stated that you can back up a dvd, or blu-ray disc that has Cinavia and if the updates on an older player that does not have the Cinavia detection system on it, will, if it can, at it's current update, play a Cinavia encoded disc. However if the player won't play an original disc before being backed up, because of the current updates from manufactors, it won't play the back up either. I have backed up certain dvd's and blu-rays that don't have Cinavia and they will play on a Cinavia encoded player, because they did not contain the Cinavia encodeing to begin with. I think if you are able to play a backed up disc on your Cinavia encoded Sony player, you are backing up disc that don't have Cinavia on them, there are still a lot out there, but that is changing faster and faster all the time. Just wait until the only way you can ever watch a movie on your own disc in the future is through the uploading into the cloud (ultraviolet disc) and back to your T.V. That will be the time that backing up your disc will be extremly difficult if not totally impossible, because the encoding will only allow a disc to play after it has been okayed by the cloud which will have Cinavia.

I have had the complete set of slysoft software for years, I know I'm still learning a lot, but there's nothing yet that successfully removes Cinavia from any type of disc that will allow you to play that Cinavia protected backed up copy on any player that has the Cinavia detection system on the player.
Read my earlier response, I stated that you can back up a dvd, or blu-ray disc that has Cinavia and if the updates on an older player that does not have the Cinavia detection system on it, will, if it can, at it's current update, play a Cinavia encoded disc. However if the player won't play an original disc before being backed up, because of the current updates from manufactors, it won't play the back up either. I have backed up certain dvd's and blu-rays that don't have Cinavia and they will play on a Cinavia encoded player, because they did not contain the Cinavia encodeing to begin with. I think if you are able to play a backed up disc on your Cinavia encoded Sony player, you are backing up disc that don't have Cinavia on them, there are still a lot out there, but that is changing faster and faster all the time. Just wait until the only way you can ever watch a movie on your own disc in the future is through the uploading into the cloud (ultraviolet disc) and back to your T.V. That will be the time that backing up your disc will be extremly difficult if not totally impossible, because the encoding will only allow a disc to play after it has been okayed by the cloud which will have Cinavia.

Left Click on the Fox, Go to Program Settings Put a check in the box that says "Prevent Player Software From Detecting Cinavia"

Cinavia

No it doesn't remove Cinavia. It stops software players from detecting Cinavia, but it doesn't remove it.

Friends if you would just take the time to look at all the features of AnyDVD by just left clicking on the fox in the system tray in the right corner of your computer. You have a box to check to remove Cinavia (Prevent Player Software From Detecting Cinavia) Then there is the Speedmenu that removes all the coming attractions from the beginning of a movie. The list goes on, check it out. Jim

not just that, but it gives a false impression that the "cinavia" setting in anydvd removes the cinavia signal. It doesn't. It only prevents detection on a software player level

please explain more

What do you mean by "stops software players from detecting cinavia" what software players are you talking about?

The ones that exist. Powerdvd, arcsoft totalmedia theatre, windvd, ... those ones. It does work for standalone players attached to a TV.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Back