• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may not like the way the authoring is done but seperate tracks may perhaps be the easiest way to accomplish forced subs. I won't claim that i know the technicality behind it, but it may very well not be as simple as you may think to put forced subs & normal ones into 1 subtitle stream and "flag" the forced parts.

It's clearly possible to do since many authors do use one track, and set the appropriate flag to turn on the ones that are required. (Like non-English dialog translations in an English language movie)

Whether it is easy to do or not, I don't know, but clearly it is possible, and my guess is that SlySoft has done far more challenging things.

To me it's also about "clean" BR's. I don't compress, but I do get rid of non English audio and subs. I get rid of the non English subs because I don't want to have to cycle through six (or more) subs when poor enunciation means I didn't grasp what an actor said.

Not saying I'd consider this feature something that everyone says is essential, but I'd think a lot of people would agree it would be a helpful feature.

well i didn't say it wasn't possible :). Some authors just like to do it differently i guess. to each his own. But i doubt merging forced streams into a non-forged one will be easy for slyce.

Give us a break, please.
When this thing is ready we'll ship it. We realize we are behind on this but we are in the end-phase now, keeping it as simple as possible and able to deliver all the things our users have been asking for (and expect from us).

December is a realistic target and we are striving to meet that.

Cut us some slack w/o the sarcasm.

Well, I'll be the first to admit that I'm visiting this forum on a daily basis and I can't wait for Slyce to be released. However, I don't want a buggy program. I want and expect the same level of quality and reliability as your other products. So, my vote goes to keeping the program in development until you guys are satisfied with it. I count on you NOT to rush it and to NOT make me unwillingly a beta tester. Keep up the good work guys and thanks for your other wonderful products!

Please cut yourself all the slack you want, Frank. Not being a tech person, I have a vague idea just how complex bringing a product such as Slyce to life must be. Thanks for all your hard work.

how far are we? on this software
does this software had an option of doing bd50-bd25or whatever Gb it will allowed by choosing the main movie
does this software had an option of doing 3D movie only

It's clearly possible to do since many authors do use one track, and set the appropriate flag to turn on the ones that are required. (Like non-English dialog translations in an English language movie)
Do you have an example of a film that does this?

how far are we? on this software

It's still in development
does this software had an option of doing bd50-bd25or whatever Gb it will allowed by choosing the main movie

That info is already available in the first posts.

does this software had an option of doing 3D movie only

Provided it is in anaglyph (colored glasses) and has it's own stream then yes, it's the same as a normal movie only. Anything else, no. Not yet

Today's Teaser

As we get closer to the end of the tunnel and start convincing ourselves that is indeed the end of the tunnel I may drop by here and drop some teasers.

Slyce will introduce a smart process as "Fast Track". Among these planned options is one that will eliminate the portable device selection issue, especially confusion caused when the vendor adds number to the model name and all that is changed is the Operating System and some bells and whistles but nothing much affecting viewing a DVD file.
This option will be fast and easy to use with three mouse clicks.
- choose the source (whatever it is)
- fast track option "to a device" and we automatically find the proper title for the main movie.
- output panel and Slyce will find your device details for you and tune accordingly.
- end of task.

Eventually we may add this smart device element to CloneDVD mobile but we are sure this improvement in Slyce will be a big value-added.

Attachments

• Fast convert for a device.jpg
    Fast convert for a device.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 127
keeping it simple (tease 2)

The objective of this Fast Track element in Slyce is to get the most commonly wanted processes down to an absolute minimum of mouse clicks.
All of these Fast Track options bypass the SELECTION page and using auto-detection, , sets up the task and takes the user to the OUTPUT page.

- Make a 1:1 Copy Simple "take-it-all" 100% copy of the source and off to the OUTPUT page.

- Make a reduced content 1:1 copy This option sets up a 100% lossless copy of the source media after you disable some parts like other languages or audio tracks

- Make a compressed copy Selecting this compression option sets up a 100% identical copy of the source media. The video stream is compressed, making it lossy.

- Convert a title for a device Using auto-detection, this option sets up a 100% copy of the main movie title media for use on a mobile/smart device.

-Convert a title for a file Using auto-detection, this option sets up a 100% copy of the main movie title, takes you directly to the OUTPUT page and creates an output file in a specific format.

EDIT 16th: This is a small slice of Slyce and of course is not all it will do. One can still edit, tune, author, select titles long and short, include/ exclude stuff, etc. etc, FAST TRACK covers the quick minimum click tasks, nothing else.

Last edited:
Fast Track.....oh so cool. I second Samurai's "do want" ;)

Hya all.
I have, like many people in here, been waiting for the release of "Slyce" for a long time.
It's nice to see and hear that the release is getting closer!!!
I just have one quick question:
Will Slyce have any quality advantages over ClownBD if you do just do a remux of a BD without any compression?
Like uncoverted video, 1 subtitle track and the best audio track available on the disc.
I ask this question because in the past there were rumours of eac3to (or was it TSmuxer?) altering the quality of the audio ...
Thanks in advance for a reply.

Movie ONLY

The objective of this Fast Track element in Slyce is to get the most commonly wanted processes down to an absolute minimum of mouse clicks.
All of these Fast Track options bypass the SELECTION page and using auto-detection, , sets up the task and takes the user to the OUTPUT page.

- Make a 1:1 Copy Simple "take-it-all" 100% copy of the source and off to the OUTPUT page.

- Make a reduced content 1:1 copy This option sets up a 100% lossless copy of the source media after you disable some parts like other languages or audio tracks

- Make a compressed copy Selecting this compression option sets up a 100% identical copy of the source media. The video stream is compressed, making it lossy.

- Convert a title for a device Using auto-detection, this option sets up a 100% copy of the main movie title media for use on a mobile/smart device.

-Convert a title for a file Using auto-detection, this option sets up a 100% copy of the main movie title, takes you directly to the OUTPUT page and creates an output file in a specific format.

Hi Frank

Is there an option for Movie only. Compressed/Uncompressed video user controlled.

Option 3 above is nearest but is still 1:1 i.e. all of disk not just Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back