• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, the final screen for full disc backup doesnt show it cause i chose the option to output to folder. It does :)

LOL weird seeing the beaver as the icon but it works.
It may have been inspired by the slightly different beaver icon of MakeDisc, a product (apparently a CD/DVD mastering utility) announced by Elby about the same time as CloneDVD but never released. (That was before BD came along, so I'm sure there's no connection; it just happened to come up in the original Slyce thread shortly after SlySoft decided not to call it CloneBD.) Considering SlySoft's existing product line uses sheep, foxes and jackals for icons, a beaver isn't that surprising.

release is to be in October 2012.

Gents,

I read somwhere the release is to be in October 2012.:clap:

Does that still hold?:confused:

Release in October?

No, we will not release in October.

ofcourse what cine4me sais its a joke. All that has been said is sometime in the 4th quarter of 2012. That means any day from oct 1st till dec 31, somewhere in between that will be the release

That means any day from oct 1st till dec 31, somewhere in between that will be the release
According to Frank's post #267, Slyce won't be released in October. Thus, we can narrow it down to November or December.

Maybe....until Nov. when they say not November...Then maybe December until they say...

Maybe....until Nov. when they say not November...Then maybe December until they say...

I just purchased two, 2tb hard drives and a 50 disc spindle of 50GB Verbatim Blu-ray, printable for $229. I will be using them to back up regular blu-ray as well as 3d blu-ray. By the time this is released, I will not have much use for it. I use AnyDVD to rip to image and a free software to burn to Blu-ray disc.

I also play Blu-ray 3d directly from a docked internal hard drive, attached by usb cable to a media player/streamer connected to my televisions by HDMI. This bypasses Cinavia as well.

However, I will probably check Slyce out as a means for saving space on the hard drives for non 3d Blu-ray.

Forced Caption

Does any1 know if Slyce will have this option in the subtitles properties like CloneDVD2 has?

Does any1 know if Slyce will have this option in the subtitles properties like CloneDVD2 has?

If you mean removing the ones you don't want, yes this info is available in the first post and the following one that shows the cloning process. I suggest u look a bit closer at the first posts.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

This is what I meant by "Forced Caption". Note where my cursor is.
Forced Caption CloneDVD2.jpg

I mentioned this before, and don't think any data came out on this...

I'm wondering if we'll be able to merge subtitle tracks?

I hate when designers use a track for forced subtitles, and then a track for normal subtitles, when they could use one track and just "force" it when appropriate.

(I want to be able to easily turn on and off subtitles with one click of my remote, not have to cycle through multiple "tracks")

I know it sounds petty but I think it is really poor authoring when they do it like that. (Maybe there's a good, valid reason that I just don't know about?)

When the fat lady sings ...

Give us a break, please.
When this thing is ready we'll ship it. We realize we are behind on this but we are in the end-phase now, keeping it as simple as possible and able to deliver all the things our users have been asking for (and expect from us).

December is a realistic target and we are striving to meet that.

Cut us some slack w/o the sarcasm.

I'm wondering if we'll be able to merge subtitle tracks?

I hate when designers use a track for forced subtitles, and then a track for normal subtitles, when they could use one track and just "force" it when appropriate.

(I want to be able to easily turn on and off subtitles with one click of my remote, not have to cycle through multiple "tracks")

I know it sounds petty but I think it is really poor authoring when they do it like that. (Maybe there's a good, valid reason that I just don't know about?)

The version i have which this thread is based on currently does not have that capability. That does not mean the final release won't have it or a future update could bring it.

You may not like the way the authoring is done but seperate tracks may perhaps be the easiest way to accomplish forced subs. I won't claim that i know the technicality behind it, but it may very well not be as simple as you may think to put forced subs & normal ones into 1 subtitle stream and "flag" the forced parts.

As for turning on/off subtitles with just 1 click, this is what I have to do during a movie that has any other dialogue other than English. What I don't like is having to rewind the scene back, turn on subtitles (1 click of subtitle button on remote, only title available is English for my options) and then play the scene over again. Example, The Avengers scene where Scarlett Johansson aka "The Black Widow" is being interrogated. This is the more recent movie with more than English in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back