• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Default Region Setting

routledgepaul

Hi,

Region setting of my DVD drive is set to region 2 as with default setting of AnyDVD HD

Normally play region 2 disc's.

Have a Region 1 disc which i want to rip, and have software tab ticked for regional code removal.

Do i reset default region code to 1 or just leave as 2 ?

Many Thanks.

Hi,

Region setting of my DVD drive is set to region 2 as with default setting of AnyDVD HD

Normally play region 2 disc's.

Have a Region 1 disc which i want to rip, and have software tab ticked for regional code removal.

Do i reset default region code to 1 or just leave as 2 ?

Many Thanks.

You should set it to 1, and you can leave it there. This setting is only important for RCE discs, which AFAIK only exist in Region 1.
See the "right mouse click" help.

OK - I stand corrected. (and confused)

I thought the "default advice" was to set the physical drive for the region you are in and let AnyDVD take it from there?

Or are we talking about the region setting in AnyDVD primarily here?

-W

Last edited:
OK - I stand corrected. (and confused)

I thought the "default advice" was to set the physical drive for the region you are in and let AnyDVD take it from there?

-W
The "default advice" is to set the physical drive for the region you are in and set AnyDVD to the region of the disc in case of RCE (which only exists in Region 1, so you can leave it at 1).

Pretty much the same for Blu-ray: You set AnyDVD to the region of the *disc*.

The "default advice" is to set the physical drive for the region you are in and set AnyDVD to the region of the disc in case of RCE (which only exists in Region 1, so you can leave it at 1).

Pretty much the same for Blu-ray: You set AnyDVD to the region of the *disc*.

Got it..... :)

-W

Back