• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD Mobile divx ...

Ray637

I just purchased Clone DVD Mobile and it seemed to go well while backing up a copy of a movie to my C drive. I chose the divx format.

How do I get the movie from my C drive to a DVD disc? I can't seem to figure it out and the frustration is creeping in on me. :confused:

Lil' help please...

Ray

movies created with clonedvdmobile are meant for viewing on mobile gadgets such as iPods or phones etc...although they can be viewed on a computer.
if you want to back up a movie to dvd,then you should be using clonedvd2.

Thanks, Mike

One of the reasons I went ahead and purchased Clone DVD Mobile was that I was told there is a way to convert the movie to the divx format and shrink it to a more compatible size to fit on one disc rather than to split it to 2 DVD's while retaining acceptable video quality.

I really hope there is something someone knows to point me in the right direction on this issue. I'd hate to think I wasted the cost of purchase on this. My understanding is the divx format is like mp3 or mp4. Is that not correct? My home player will show the mp3 format on the hdtv.

Thanks, Mike for your quick reply and I'd appreciate any other assistance out there...

Ray 8)

Bad news...you really wanted Clone DVD as it will allow you to shrink a dual layer dvd down to a single layer DVD for burning. You can also use the freeware dvd shrink, as well.

CloneDVDmobile will allow you to shrink a DVD down to a very small size for either a portable (phone, pda, etc) or to DivX to fit on either a DVD or a CD. The catch is that you have to have a DivX compatible DVD player, like the Philips DVP 642 (or more recent of that ilk).

Thanks, Overzeetop

I appreciate your response. I suppose all is not lost... I do have an ipod and might download a movie or two when I travel.

I do have clonedvd2, so now I have to figure out how to shrink the movie size down to one disc and retain acceptable quality...

Thanks again for your help.

Ray

I appreciate your response. I suppose all is not lost... I do have an ipod and might download a movie or two when I travel.

I do have clonedvd2, so now I have to figure out how to shrink the movie size down to one disc and retain acceptable quality...

Thanks again for your help.

Ray

the quality of a film copied to a single layer 4.7GB dvd5 disc will be better than one squeezed down to divx format.
i put saving private ryan (2hours45mins approx.) onto a single layer disc-just the main movie.the %age was about 45% and the quality was more than acceptable (to me it was anyway).

Back