• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Three Cheers to Slysoft - and a big Thank You !

ChirpingBirdy

I have been waiting for months for Game Jackal to be released by SlySoft. I used the original Game Jackal and loved it. I was heart broken when the original developer's web site shut down.

When I received the email notice this morning that Game Jackal is now available from SlySoft - I was overjoyed!

I bought the upgrade and immediately tested it on Supreme Commander - and it worked wonderfully!

Keeping the original cd or DVD laying around a desk for these games is so annoying that some games I stopped playing because I couldn't be bothered to find the CD or DVD.

Great Job SlySoft! I think you have a real winner of a title on your hands!

/chirp

I bought the upgrade and immediately tested it on Supreme Commander - and it worked wonderfully!

1. Can you create desktop profile shortcuts that work? (I can't).

2. What OS are you running?

3. What protection does your game use? Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive.

hmmm well I am running XP Pro, 3 gigs of ram, AMD 64 X2 4400 @2.21 GHz.

I launched the game from Supreme Commander's desktop short cut icon.

Sorry I can't give more details except to point out that I used all the default settings. I didn't change any settings.

Well one thing I did do that might have make a difference was when I first opened game Jackal I dragged the Supreme Commander's Icon from the desktop and dropped it into the Game Jackal. Soon as I dropped the icon into Game Jackal - it started to automatically make a game profile. I don't know if that would change anything or not.

I also told Game Jackal to not to disable the dual processes.

Wish you good luck in getting it to work for you!

/Chirp

Last edited:
Actually, I'm more curious about what protection is on Supreme Commander.

From the Protection ID report:

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander\bin\SupremeCommander.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 4081160 (03E4608h) Bytes
-> Suspicious MZ Header..
-> File has 5640 (01608h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 03E3000h
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx
- Scan Took : 0.625 Seconds

/Chirrp

Ok. Thanks.

Yeah, I can't create profile shortcuts on either this computer nor on my laptop.

My profiles work (when I start them from within Game Jackal). My newly created profile shortcuts on my desktop don't work.
And if I attempt to create a desktop icon from within Game Jackal (right click profile and then select "create desktop shortcut", I get "List index out of bounds (-1)".

Last edited:
Back