• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CD/DVD Burner

ahipkiss

Okay, I've determined that whatever problem I have has nothing to do with AnyDVD. Hooking up an external burner works fine. My internal burner on my notebook recognizes CDs, games, etc. but will not recognize DVDs any longer. Given this situation, can this possibly be a hardware problem? Or is it driver/decoder, etc. related? Any insight and/or advice on where I go form here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

A. Hipkiss

Very good possibility that your DVDRW is failing.

Just for clarification. A CD/DVD RW can be considered to be "broken" if it CAN read CD's, games etc., but will not recognize DVDs? If I do need to replace this drive, does anybody know a good source for notebook DVD RW combo drives? Thanks,

A. Hipkiss

A CD/DVD RW can be considered to be "broken" if it CAN read CD's, games etc., but will not recognize DVDs?

Yes, I would consider that to be an example of a failing drive. There are other possibilities for why that may happen, but provided
you were able to read dvd-videos before--and you can suddenly do so no longer (and you didn't change anything on your system), then that would suggest a dying drive.

As for your second question, it would probably be helpful if you stated where you live, so others, when they respond, aren't giving you places in Europe, if you live in the U.S.

Last edited:
Try this, before getting another drive:
Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
If this doesn't work, check to see if there's a firmware upgrade for your burner.
Good luck!

does anybody know a good source for notebook DVD RW combo drives?

I'm partial to eBay myself. I just paid $15.00 plus $5.00 shipping for an NEC ND-6650A for my IBM Thinkpad T23 and I love it. Works like a champ.

It came complete with caddy and all. I just swapped it out with the DVD/CD-R drive, and I was up and burning DVDs in only minutes.

Back