• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

General concensus - Which OS for HDDVD/Blu-ray?

bingobill

Well, I'm fed up with the freezing problem playing hi-def disks using Vista 64, PowerDVD is not even tested with 64 and nVidia needs their ass kicking, jeez how long do they need to provide decent drivers.

I spent alot of money on my HTPC and just want it working without freezing.

So it looks like I'm gonna have to change to a different OS. I'm not particularly bothered about MCE as I prefer the simplicity of iMedian MC.

I'm tempted to use Vista 32 as I do like the Vista UI, what's the driver situation like with Vista 32? I see nvidia is still on beta drivers, this puts me off as getting decent video colours on 64 is near immpossible.

What are you guys using?

Well, I'm fed up with the freezing problem playing hi-def disks using Vista 64, PowerDVD is not even tested with 64 and nVidia needs their ass kicking, jeez how long do they need to provide decent drivers.

I spent alot of money on my HTPC and just want it working without freezing.

So it looks like I'm gonna have to change to a different OS. I'm not particularly bothered about MCE as I prefer the simplicity of iMedian MC.

I'm tempted to use Vista 32 as I do like the Vista UI, what's the driver situation like with Vista 32? I see nvidia is still on beta drivers, this puts me off as getting decent video colours on 64 is near immpossible.

What are you guys using?
XP pro or XP MCE2005 (almost the same anyway).

I use XP MCE2005, AnyDVD HD & PowerDVD 7.2 Ultra with both HD-DVD & Blu-ray working perfectly on none HDCP hardware.

It works great for me on XP Home, XP Pro, and Vista Home Premium. Be careful with Vista Ultimate, I had some problems with that.

I use Vista Ultimate 32bit and it's perfectly fine

3.4Ghz Pentium D
2Gb DDR2 RAM
GeForce 7950GT 256Mb with HDCP
Sony BWU-100A
XBox HD-DVD
1Tb SATA II HDD

Back