• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mount problem

juffi

I was trying to change from Daemon Tools Lite to Virtual Clone Drive. Uninstalled first succesfully Daemon Tools, rebooted, installed VCD, rebooted. When I tried to mount an iso file by doubleclicking I get the attached error message. After that the VCD mount crashes. Attached the crash log file.

VCD installation seems to be successful but after re-boot there is only one physical drive visible in the device manager DVD/CD-ROM drives list.

Attachments

• vcdmount.png
    vcdmount.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 8b9c_appcompat.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 8
did you rememebr to uninstall the SPTD driver that DT will have left behind?

did you rememebr to uninstall the SPTD driver that DT will have left behind?

Yes. If you mean sptd driver in the device manager Non-Plug and Play Drivers.

Seems like VCD should install vclone.sys. Interestingly there is nothing in the registry with that name.

Hello juffi,

"an iso file" - are you sure this file is a valid CD/DVD/BD image? And how can you be sure?

In order to open an image, right-click the drive letter of the Virtual CloneDrive and select "Virtual Clone Drive / Load image file". Then choose the location of the ISO file and press OK.

Cheers
Chris

Hello juffi,

"an iso file" - are you sure this file is a valid CD/DVD/BD image? And how can you be sure?

In order to open an image, right-click the drive letter of the Virtual CloneDrive and select "Virtual Clone Drive / Load image file". Then choose the location of the ISO file and press OK.

Cheers
Chris

I'm currently using Deamon Tools which mount the isos without problem.

Where should I find the drive letter of the Virtual CloneDriver? I suspect that my VCD installation is not successful.

I'm currently using Deamon Tools which mount the isos without problem.

Where should I find the drive letter of the Virtual CloneDriver? I suspect that my VCD installation is not successful.

Did you open Virtual CloneDrive settings and check "virtual sheep"? I had to do that manually on my system.

Cheers,
Franklin

Did you open Virtual CloneDrive settings and check "virtual sheep"? I had to do that manually on my system.

Cheers,
Franklin

Yes. No virtual drives still and same error message when mounting.

Well. I am actually using that but tried also with the official latest version.
5.4.1.2? It was released after you stared this thread.

Well. I am actually using that but tried also with the official latest version.

Anyway, this is probably Daemon Tools problem. What left-overs could prevent VCD to install properly?

If you used the DT uninstaller and then also used the SPTD installer/uninstaller separately to remove the SPTD driver then there should be nothing left that would cause a conflict.

If you used the DT uninstaller and then also used the SPTD installer/uninstaller separately to remove the SPTD driver then there should be nothing left that would cause a conflict.
A sticky on SPTD removal (with link) might be a good idea.

I did both. Still VCD does not install properly.

Some more information:

I tried the VCD installation with my other computer where I also had Daemon Tools Lite intalled. No problem with the installation there, everything worked perfectly and images mount fine with VCD.

So seems that Daemon tools is not the problem but there is something else preventing VCD installation.

In the working system there is at least vlone.sys installed and can be found from the registry.

There is something strange in the failing installation as well: when the installation is closing a Winzip screen from devcon is showed proposing 3 files to be unzipped to a temporary folder. After unzipping and closing the Winzip screen installation is closed. This is not happening in the successful intallation.

There is something strange in the failing installation as well: when the installation is closing a Winzip screen from devcon is showed proposing 3 files to be unzipped to a temporary folder. After unzipping and closing the Winzip screen installation is closed. This is not happening in the successful intallation.

WinZip from devcon? This sounds scary, and this certainly isn't normal.
Do you have a program "devcon" on your machine?

Interesting, isn't it.

Attached screenshots about the winzip screen incident.

Attachments

• VCD1.png
    VCD1.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 10
  • VCD2.jpg
    VCD2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 5
Webslinger, I meant a separate SPTD removal sticky in the VCD forum - it's not like there are too many there already ;)
Your FAQ refers to slow rips, whereas there have been many posts about sptd conflicts and more serious system problems.

As an aside, I just spent several hours today cleaning up a friend's laptop which ultimately came down to sptd conflicts (random page_area and irq_not_less_or_equal BSOD) after he removed DaemonTools. Even using the duplexsecure uninstaller did not remove sptd service - you have to disable the service from starting (deleting from device manager / hidden devices / nonplugandplay drivers does not work). Only starting in Safe mode (press ESC to cancel loading of SPTD.SYS) and editing the registry
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd
to set the START from 0 (enabled) to 4 (disabled) actually cured the problem (you can also rename sptd.sys and dtscsi.sys if present in Windows\System32 folder). Removing the registry branch for SPTD should also work, but I don't know if there are any other dependencies that might be affected, so I guess it can be left there as long as the START is disabled.

WinZip from devcon? This sounds scary, and this certainly isn't normal.
Do you have a program "devcon" on your machine?
It's the Windows "command-line utility functions as an alternative to Device Manager" (but packaged in a zip file, which is not how Microsoft delivers it - they give you a devcon.exe file):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272 EDIT: my bad - it is actually a zip file with 32 bit and 64 bit versions (see my response to DrinkLyeandDie on next page)

Juffi, what are the files that were extracted to the Temp folder? Sounds like a trojan attempt - where did you get the VCD download from? EDIT: also wrong - see above edit :eek:

EDIT: While checking my VCD version for another post, I noticed that devcon.exe is installed in the VCD folder \Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive, so I guess James was being facetious when he asked if you had such a program installed :doh: or he doesn't know what Elby puts in there. Which would reduce his ubergeek status for me ;)

My VCD install left 25 language files in the Temp folder, so your 3 files seems strange (and I've never seen the Winzip extractor dialog with a vcd install).

Last edited:
Back