• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Other Boleyngirl Bd Issue

You need to uninstall to revert to an older version. But it won't help you in this matter. The problem is indeed the file

FactiodFamilyTree.xml | LBA 0-4294967295 | Size 0 (0) | icb: 818 | crc: ok

I'm not sure, what to make of it. A file spanning the whole disc with a size of 0.... and no Ranges???

I have to check what AnyDVD ripper is trying to do, but it obviously can't be good. Can you check with Windows, that the file really is a dummy without content? It should be easy to teach AnyDVD ripper to skip such files, but it doesn't make sense, if they are needed. It could be a bug in our UDF parser, but I somehow doubt it.

how exactly do I check with windows... ah look at the file on the disc it's self you mean? if so yes it is a 0 byte file. that part stood out to me too.

would sending you guys the files with exception to stream folder help? it's like 20 MB couldn't be more then a 5 min upload for me.

Last edited:
how exactly do I check with windows... ah look at the file on the disc it's self you mean? if so yes it is a 0 byte file. that part stood out to me too.

would sending you guys the files with exception to stream folder help? it's like 20 MB couldn't be more then a 5 min upload for me.

Thanks, but I already spotted the problem. It is a bug in the ripper code, it simply doesn't set the "success" flag as the read loop is never entered (file length is 0, so nothing needs to be read, nothing needs to be written, which would trigger a "success". For AnyDVD, no success means "oops, there must have been an error").

Simple fix, next version will handle this.

Thanks, but I already spotted the problem. It is a bug in the ripper code, it simply doesn't set the "success" flag as the read loop is never entered (file length is 0, so nothing needs to be read, nothing needs to be written, which would trigger a "success". For AnyDVD, no success means "oops, there must have been an error").

Simple fix, next version will handle this.

Ok, cool, Thanks James, glade to know I don't have a problem in my system after all...Phew.:D

For the record

Used 6.4.5.3 to backup until the error displayed.

Did not delete the files, but created an ISO using Nero 8.

Mounted the ISO using Daemon tools.

Black screen and movie would not play.

Still using Power DVD 3319a.

I've found that a few of the more recent films just won't play back in PowerDVD 7.3, 3319a but play back fine in version 8, I think it has something to do with the java

If there is an error displayed, there is an error. It makes no sense to proceed.

I am just catching up on this thread...Is it correct to state using Windows Explorer, its possible to copy "all" the files from this BD onto the hard drive, and be able to playback from the hard drive?
But there are errors when using AnyDVD HD's Rip Video DVD to Harddisk feature on this BD? Errors caused by the "dummy" file?
Are there any problems making an ISO copy of this BD? Does that large "dummy" file hinder the ISO creation process?
I'm just trying to gather all the last bunch of posts into a concise thought. Thanks to everybody for their help and feedback! :)

I am just catching up on this thread...Is it correct to state using Windows Explorer, its possible to copy "all" the files from this BD onto the hard drive, and be able to playback from the hard drive?
I have not done that with the stream files myself, but with AnyDVD running in the background I would think so, with AnyDVD off if you did Steam files that way the video would be corrupt.

But there are errors when using AnyDVD HD's Rip Video DVD to Harddisk feature on this BD?
You were one of the ones that made the claim you had no issues at all with when using AnyDVD HD's Rip Video DVD to Harddisk feature. :confused:

But to answer the question. Yes. when AnyDVD reaches that file at 99% the end of the rip as stated in the opening post it will say "Failed to copy file."

Errors caused by the "dummy" file?
YES!!!!

Are there any problems making an ISO copy of this BD?
with AnyDVD *disabled* NO!
using IMGBURN to make a ISO of the disc with AnyDVD *disabled* results in 0 read errors! then mounting that image with AnyDVD *enabled* Removes the protections from the ISO during playback. this way works.

Does that large "dummy" file hinder the ISO creation process?
Only with AnyDVD versions 6.4.5.3 back. If you want to burn this disc or create a protection free ISO you can do this with the NEXT version of AnyDVD according to James this will be fixed then.

I'm just trying to gather all the last bunch of posts into a concise thought. Thanks to everybody for their help and feedback! :)
fully understandable ;) your welcome:D

with AnyDVD *disabled* NO!
using IMGBURN to make a ISO of the disc with AnyDVD *disabled* results in 0 read errors! then mounting that image with AnyDVD *enabled* Removes the protections from the ISO during playback. this way works.
You can create an .iso with IMGBURN with AnyDVD *enabled*. It will result in 0 errors and an unprotected ISO.

If you want to burn this disc or create a protection free ISO you can do this with the NEXT version of AnyDVD according to James this will be fixed then.
No. AnyDVD will create a protection free ISO if you like. You can copy all files with windows explorer. The copy command from the DOS prompt. Total Commander. Whatever you like.

Remember, AnyDVD is an *operating system* expansion. The protection is removed *before* the OS can see the disc.

The (with this disc not correctly working) AnyDVD ripper is just an added bonus. It is *NOT REQUIRED* or recommended.

EDIT:
I am shocked, that a lot of people use AnyDVD, but have no idea what it actually does. Some education is required...

No. AnyDVD will create a protection free ISO if you like. You can copy all files with windows explorer. The copy command from the DOS prompt. Total Commander. Whatever you like.

all I meant was that as of current anydvd won't copy the entire disc on it own right now "the file error"

Remember, Anydvd is an *operating system* expansion. The protection is removed *before* the OS can see the disc..

The (with this disc not correctly working) AnyDVD ripper is just an added bonus. It is *NOT REQUIRED* or recommended.
I understand that but yeah you did a better job of explaining it then I did.

thats what I meant by:
all I meant was that as of current anydvd won't copy the entire disc on it own right now "the file error"
above so we don't get re-confused (I suck at teaching, explaining it's just not my nitch)

EDIT:
I am shocked, that a lot of people use AnyDVD, but have no idea what it actually does. Some education is required...

not sure how to respond to that... I mean no disrespect intended but I think most just think of it as a DVD ripper. decypter... have no idea how you'd expect a more technical understanding from the average user of any program to really know the magic behind it or how it really works. maybe a misunderstanding on my part.

I'm always willing to learn...so educate as you wish :D perhaps a thread on what anydvd actually does could be a good idea to help even the most (skip my choices of words here) user know what it actually does.

thanks for you time James. :bowdown::D
starz

You can create an .iso with IMGBURN with AnyDVD *enabled*. It will result in 0 errors and an unprotected ISO.

so it wont stumble this way on that file and make you have to copy it threw explore? the file or files that were missed. ( not saying the files are important) if i was going to guess I'd say they weren't in this case. Just didn't know that at first.

hmmm I may just start doing it that way Just ISO the files straight from the disc with AnyDVD enabled.

question while I'm at it....if you make a full image of the disc with AnyDVD enabled and not just the BDMV folder will that work? or will that mess up the player like it has done in the past when we could play from folders?

The bug is specific to Anydvd ripper only. Everything else should work fine.

good. think that should clear everything up for everyone:D

now onto my next problem.......lolol:D

I rarely use the built in ripper any more which is why I never encountered the problem. I just have AnyDVD HD running in the background and either copy over using Explorer or make an ISO using Imgburn both of which give you unencrypted end results with no errors

I rarely use the built in ripper any more which is why I never encountered the problem. I just have AnyDVD HD running in the background and either copy over using Explorer or make an ISO using Imgburn both of which give you unencrypted end results with no errors

The only caveat to that is that in order to do the copy with Explorer, you need to be running Vista or have a UDF driver installed if you're using XP. With the Ripper, it's not necessary to have a UDF driver installed. So, there is a slight benefit to it. (They won me over to keeping it in the program last night in the other thread. ;))

For the record - Part 2

As per suggestion,

Created an ISO using Nero 8 by reading the files directly from the BD disk.

Mounted the result using Daemon Tools.

The menu came up and was able to start the movie using PowerDvd 3319a.

All now appears well.

Thanks.

The only caveat to that is that in order to do the copy with Explorer, you need to be running Vista or have a UDF driver installed if you're using XP. With the Ripper, it's not necessary to have a UDF driver installed. So, there is a slight benefit to it. (They won me over to keeping it in the program last night in the other thread. ;))

for me I have decided to use ur ISO creation method, seams like it just slices down all the BS involved in making a HDCP Copy.
it's Even faster then ripping with AnyDVD enabled...I'm using ImgBurn :)
I figure I'm not really changing anything on the Disc anyways myself (Meaning not making movie only. etc) I actually prefer the whole Disc on my HDD.So the way I was doing it before was rather pointless whats 200 MB per disc Saved gonna do for me anyways (give or take what the encryption takes up if it's even that much) don't know never tested to find out exactly:)

anyways so far so good.:D
Starz

The encryption won't change the size...a couple K at the VERY most but I doubt it's even that much. And yes, I like my method quite a bit myself. :)

for me I have decided to use ur ISO creation method, seams like it just slices down all the BS involved in making a HDCP Copy.
it's Even faster then ripping with AnyDVD enabled...I'm using ImgBurn :)
It is not.... use ImgBurn with AnyDVD enabled, if you want the protection removed.

Back