• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to programatically rip DVD using AnyDVD?

johncl

Hi, I have bought AnyDVD and CloneDVDMobile and love these applications very much. As a parent I love being able to have copies on the harddisk divx encoded with norwegian spoken language or subtitles and english soundtrack straight in the file. No menu fuzz, and no nonsense. It has already been useful in that one of my original DVDs got some scratches, but fortunately I had already made a copy.

Well, I am also working on a fun PC based robotics project which I would plan to kit with a slot in dvd rom. I want to be able to slip a DVD or CD into it and tell it (yes its has speech recognition) "copy this dvd to my media pc" and it rips it and stores it on the mediapc (shared over the network).

So far I have been just right clicking the little tray icon and choose "Rip Video-DVD to harddisk", and although I could have my robot-code simulate mouse movement that does the same thing, I would love to be able to do this using a simple command line instead. Is there any such options available for AnyDVD?

A thread op mentioned that a simple xcopy would work, but will that use the ripping engine that this menu option uses? One that "fixes" the errors and bypasses all the protection schemes?

A thread op mentioned that a simple xcopy would work, but will that use the ripping engine that this menu option uses? One that "fixes" the errors and bypasses all the protection schemes?

No. xcopy will not help you with discs containing structural protections.

Back