• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question How do I remove region coding from the Across the Spider-Verse Region A DVD?

yubaix

Fairly simple question that I've yet to find a direct answer for. Here's what I've done so far:
- Imported the dvd into anyDVD
- Nothing happened, couldn't figure out how to remove region protection (the internet claims that it's removed automatically yet that is clearly not the case)
- Imported the dvd into DVDfab, DVDfab log file claims that region protection was removed
- Reimported into anyDVD several times, each time it reads region 1 (ergo I don't trust DVDfab now)
How can I remove region protection from the DVD using only anyDVD? I am not looking to copy, burn to an iso, rip, or do any of that to the DVD, only to remove the region coding.
I'd also like to clarify I'm not getting any error, simply nothing is happening.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.7.1.0_Info_E_SPIDERMAN_ACROSS_THE_SPIDERVERSE.ziplog
    150.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Fairly simple question that I've yet to find a direct answer for. Here's what I've done so far:
- Imported the dvd into anyDVD
- Nothing happened, couldn't figure out how to remove region protection (the internet claims that it's removed automatically yet that is clearly not the case)
- Imported the dvd into DVDfab, DVDfab log file claims that region protection was removed
- Reimported into anyDVD several times, each time it reads region 1 (ergo I don't trust DVDfab now)
How can I remove region protection from the DVD using only anyDVD? I am not looking to copy, burn to an iso, rip, or do any of that to the DVD, only to remove the region coding.
I'd also like to clarify I'm not getting any error, simply nothing is happening.
The best way to use AnyDVD with a 3rd party software is:
1) Right-click the AnyDVD RedFox icon in the Hidden Icons (by the clock) and select "Rip Videodisc to Harddisk"
2) Make note of the rip location and have your 3rd party software process the files from that location.
3) Done

You seem to have a misunderstanding of what AnyDVD does. It is not a program you "import" anything into. It does not do any kind of processing. It simply removes copy protection, region restrictions, structural protections, etc. on the fly from the disc. If you were using CloneDVD you wouldn't need to do step 1, it would work straight from the disc, but it is better on some 3rd party programs to rip the disc first.

The best way to use AnyDVD with a 3rd party software is:
1) Right-click the AnyDVD RedFox icon in the Hidden Icons (by the clock) and select "Rip Videodisc to Harddisk"
2) Make note of the rip location and have your 3rd party software process the files from that location.
3) Done

You seem to have a misunderstanding of what AnyDVD does. It is not a program you "import" anything into. It does not do any kind of processing. It simply removes copy protection, region restrictions, structural protections, etc. on the fly from the disc. If you were using CloneDVD you wouldn't need to do step 1, it would work straight from the disc, but it is better on some 3rd party programs to rip the disc first.
Okay, I'm not interested in using a third party software to do this. I only want to use AnyDVD. I also do understand that you don't "import" anything, I used the wrong word there.
Now, how can I use only AnyDVD to remove the region coding from the DVD? The same problem from my original post still applies

Okay, I'm not interested in using a third party software to do this. I only want to use AnyDVD. I also do understand that you don't "import" anything, I used the wrong word there.
Now, how can I use only AnyDVD to remove the region coding from the DVD? The same problem from my original post still applies
DVDFab IS 3rd party software, so you do.
From my reply above:
It simply removes copy protection, region restrictions, structural protections, etc. on the fly from the disc.
The rip you do with AnyDVD will have no copy protection, no structural protection, and will be region free.

For DVDFab, I was simply testing with it because I had no idea what I was doing. I do not wish to use it. I mentioned it in the post because of the info it provided which conflicts with what AnyDVD says.
As stated in the original post too, I don't wish to rip it.
Is the only way to remove region coding with AnyDVD to rip the disc?

How do you want to remove something that is physically burned into the disc? :unsure:

So you are saying in order to remove the region coding I have to:
Rip it (removing the region coding in the process)
Then put everything back onto a blank disc?

Right click on the icon in the system tray. It will remove the region coding automatically. Do you just want to play the disc?

Attachments

• Anydvd.jpg
    Anydvd.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 6
My goal when I started this was to be able to verify that I'm able to remove the region coding entirely off of the disc.
I'm fully aware that I can play the disc through VLC after ripping it or something like that, but that is not my goal at the moment.
By removing the region coding automatically, do you mean wiping it off the disc entirely? As shown in the screenshot below it doesn't wipe the region coding off the disc for me. (This confuses me, because it says it's removed RCE protection yet each time I load it, it still says "Media is locked to region(s): 1!" and "Media is CSS protected!")
Do you mean it'll remove the region coding if I rip it using AnyDVD?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-13 162541.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-13 162541.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 5
My goal when I started this was to be able to verify that I'm able to remove the region coding entirely off of the disc.
I'm fully aware that I can play the disc through VLC after ripping it or something like that, but that is not my goal at the moment.
By removing the region coding automatically, do you mean wiping it off the disc entirely? As shown in the screenshot below it doesn't wipe the region coding off the disc for me. (This confuses me, because it says it's removed RCE protection yet each time I load it, it still says "Media is locked to region(s): 1!" and "Media is CSS protected!")
Do you mean it'll remove the region coding if I rip it using AnyDVD?
If anydvd is running you can play it with VLC now. If you rip it, it will not be region locked. What region is your drive set to?

I don't want to play it with VLC. My goal is to wipe the region coding off the disc entirely as I said. My drive is set to region 1/A.
I'm doing this to verify that I can wipe the region coding off of a disc. If I'm successful then I'll buy blu-rays like the killers of the flower moon and midsommar 4k blu rays (both of which do not have a region A release), and wipe the region coding off of them so I can play them on my region A blu-ray player.
Thank you for the information that it won't be region locked if I rip it though.

If anydvd is running you can play it with VLC now. If you rip it, it will not be region locked. What region is your drive set to?

From the screen shot posted the OP has their drive set to Region 1. Same for the log file posted earlier:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.7.1.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST DVDRWGX40N RQ00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
The log file status also shows this disc is also region 1, and shows the disc was successfully decrypted to remove protections.

I don't want to play it with VLC. My goal is to wipe the region coding off the disc entirely as I said. My drive is set to region 1/A.
The original disc will always be region locked without AnyDVD decrypting the physical disc. You will have to rip the disc to remove the region coding and make a backup copy. That copy will be region and protection free.

The original disc will always be region locked without AnyDVD decrypting the physical disc. You will have to rip the disc to remove the region coding and make a backup copy. That copy will be region and protection free.
Okay. Thank you!
Is there any way I can wipe the original disc and load the backup onto it, or do I need a blank dvd-r to do that?

Okay. Thank you!
Is there any way I can wipe the original disc and load the backup onto it, or do I need a blank dvd-r to do that?
You will have to make a copy, period. You can not write to the original disc. Pressed or burnt "on-demand" disc.

You will need to make a decrypted copy. Recommended with a DVD use AnyDVD's built-in ripper and rip to file/folder.

Then use a media burning program to write that output to a blank DVD. If you don't already have burner software get ImgBurn. It's free and with the defaults burning a DVD is a couple of clicks.

You will have to make a copy, period. You can not write to the original disc. Pressed or burnt "on-demand" disc.

You will need to make a decrypted copy. Recommended with a DVD use AnyDVD's built-in ripper and rip to file/folder.

Then use a media burning program to write that output to a blank DVD. If you don't already have burner software get ImgBurn. It's free and with the defaults burning a DVD is a couple of clicks.
Understood. Thank you for being clear. That's the end of my questions.

Looking at the log file you provided you are going to need a dual layer DVD. Unless you somehow use other software to compress the data to fit onto a single layer DVD.

Personally when I rip any of my owned DVDs I rip to HD first and then use other 3rd party software to "massage" the data. To remove unwanted video clips such as trailers and/or audio streams/closed captions in other languages I don't want.

Last edited:
Are you serious?
That's no USB stick you can re-write numerous times.
It's a pressed disc, you cannot alter it, period!
Even if the disc is an "on demand" DVD it is gonna be a "write once" type disc. Studios are cheap and wouldn't use a DVD-RW disc.

Back