• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Zoom: Academy for Superheroes not compatible with AnyDVD/Shrink

....I know to use CloneDVD for Open Season ... I've lost count how many times I've seen this solution repeated in the Forum. I was just curious about the situation I mentioned in my previous post: "that's the same message I get after successfully finishing a burn (AnyDVD+Shrink+Nero Burning Rom) and the box in Shrink asks you if you wish to keep working on the original disc in the drive...if I click No, I get this same error mesage : DVD Shrink encountered an error and connot continue.
Failed to read file "F:\"
......just:doh:
It's not Slysoft's job to make their products work with software that is discontinued. Use another program. It works with CloneDVD and various other programs.

Ahhhh....

It's not Slysoft's job to make their products work with software that is discontinued. Use another program. It works with CloneDVD and various other programs.

....I wondered if this is the response Slysoft wants me to have?....if so, then I know what to do now. Thanks, I needed to finally hear it put that way..

I wouldn't ask Slysoft to make a fix for these movies that won't work with Shrink. Their products work just fine, people should quit using outdated software and expect their to be no problems with newer DVDs and expect fixes from a 3rd party. CloneDVD and AnyDVD work fine with this movie and the other ones.

If you're like me and really like what shrink does just use clonedvd2 to rip in DVD-9 and then process the dvd9 in dvd shrink and all will be well.

What is clonedvd2 doing to rip the full disk to DVD9, that can't be done with the anydvd ripper - or using anydvd and ripping the video_ts folder using windows explorer???

-W

Clonedvd2 is better and the mods here will agree to not use the "ripper" if not needed in anydvd.

As a former DVDFab Decrypter/Shrink 3.2 User

I agree with the above. Switch to AnyDVD and CloneDVD exclusively. They work much better than any other combination. Almost Plug n Play if you would choose to do that. I have or had used a number of different programs, and made lots and lots of expensive coasters as a result. A lot of searching the forums for answers to the same old questions, why won't this copy, or why won't that burn? After I switched over, I put the old outdated programs in another directory and haven't looked back yet. I am much happier having spent the money for a tried and true program that works everytime.:)

I, like many others, don't consider shrink to be an outdated program. It's still one of the best out there for the shrinking part that it does.

James and the boys (any girls?) have to get on this one, if they aren't already. A lot of movies won't copy with AnyDVD and Shrink.

Why would James and the "boys" need to get on this?? They don't support shrink, and wait for it, NOBODY does!!! It has not been updated in years and from what I can see it won't be any time soon. I understand shrink is free, but what good does free do if it doesn't work? I can understand if it didn't work with AnyDvd and CloneDvd how you could say they need to get on it, but with Shrink, come on. I don't understand why people are still using Shrink??? Way too many new movies won't work with it; I, like others, put it away and haven't looked back since. 8) :agree:

A-Freakin-Men, couldn't have said it better, well ok I added my two cents worth in another post. Let Shrink go to where it belongs, and move up to the big leagues. :D

I agree with the above. Switch to AnyDVD and CloneDVD exclusively. They work much better than any other combination. Almost Plug n Play if you would choose to do that. I have or had used a number of different programs, and made lots and lots of expensive coasters as a result. A lot of searching the forums for answers to the same old questions, why won't this copy, or why won't that burn? After I switched over, I put the old outdated programs in another directory and haven't looked back yet. I am much happier having spent the money for a tried and true program that works everytime.:)

Couldn't agree more. I haven't used Shrink in a long time!

Zoom Movie

I backed up "Zoom" Academy for Superheroes with CloneDVD 2 & AnyDVD. Full, Complete back-up with menus, etc. No Problem.
Note: DVD Shrink is Old, outdated and so many are having trouble with it & the newer protections. Why not spend the $ and get CloneDVD 2? It costs no more than a couple DVDs. It will save a many a headache! :agree:

Why would James and the "boys" need to get on this?? They don't support shrink, and wait for it, NOBODY does!!! It has not been updated in years and from what I can see it won't be any time soon. I understand shrink is free, but what good does free do if it doesn't work? I can understand if it didn't work with AnyDvd and CloneDvd how you could say they need to get on it, but with Shrink, come on. I don't understand why people are still using Shrink??? Way too many new movies won't work with it; I, like others, put it away and haven't looked back since. 8) :agree:

Shrink is, quite obviously if you look through the forum, still a very valuable piece of software for many people. It still has several functional capabilities.

Shrink is, quite obviously if you look through the forum, still a very valuable piece of software for many people. It still has several functional capabilities.

That might be the case for a few people in a few areas, but the point is, why should Slysoft worry about it??? Nobody supports it, and for sure not Slysoft. If someone is having trouble with it, it's kinda like, oh well. It hasn't been updated in forever and won't be, there is no support for it. So how can people that still use it complain about it not working with this movie and that movie, that is what you need to expect, it's not going to work with most new movies. It's time to let it go and move on to something new that actually works, put Shrink in the grave, it's time. Rock on!!!! :cool:

It's time to let it go and move on to something new that actually works, put Shrink in the grave, it's time. Rock on!!!! :cool:

Actually Shrink is very well supported by the internet community using free decrypting/ripping software. Even James uses Shrink (I don't, but he does, apparently). Both Clonedvd2 and Shrink are very good programs; they each do things the other program cannot. So, they can also compliment each other very well.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular: in my opinion, I don't find fighting over software to be overly helpful to anyone in the forums. I can't force people to be nice to each other, but let's at least be respectful to one another. Thank you

Actually Shrink is very well supported by the internet community using free decrypting/ripping software. Even James uses Shrink (I don't, but he does, apparently). Both Clonedvd2 and Shrink are very good programs; they each do things the other program cannot. So, they can also compliment each other very well.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular: in my opinion, I don't find fighting over software to be overly helpful to anyone in the forums. I can't force people to be nice to each other, but let's at least be respectful to one another. Thank you

I didn't mean to come across as being mean, I might have a little bit, and for that I am sorry. I don't have a problem with anyone using Shrink, I used to use it too, but it is sort of weird when people get on Slysoft for not having done something to make Shrink work with this or that movie. It's not their software so I don't understand why they would bother doing anything with it to "make it work" with AnyDvd or the like. It seems that these forums are clogged with, this didn't work with AnyDvd and Shrink, and this didn't work with Shrink either and blah blah blah, and Slysoft better get to work on making this work with Shrink; I just don't see why that kind of stuff is posted on the SlySoft forums, am I missing something? Also you mention that there are things that Shrink can do that AnyDvd can't and vice versa, can you explain further? Thanks. 8)

I didn't mean to come across as being mean, I might have a little bit, and for that I am sorry.

That final paragraph was meant in general. I wasn't targetting anyone.

I don't have a problem with anyone using Shrink, I used to use it too, but it is sort of weird when people get on Slysoft for not having done something to make Shrink work with this or that movie. It's not their software so I don't understand why they would bother doing anything with it to "make it work" with AnyDvd or the like. It seems that these forums are clogged with, this didn't work with AnyDvd and Shrink, and this didn't work with Shrink either and blah blah blah, and Slysoft better get to work on making this work with Shrink; I just don't see why that kind of stuff is posted on the SlySoft forums, am I missing something?

You have the right to express your opinion. I'm sure there are many people here who feel the same way you do. Conversely, there are Shrink users who originally bought Anydvd because they felt it would help them with Shrink. A lot of Anydvd customers use Shrink. Until the new Sony nonsense came out, most discs could be backed up using Anydvd and Shrink exclusively. The situation has suddenly changed, and a lot of Shrink users don't understand that Anydvd cannot modify VOBs on the fly.

Also you mention that there are things that Shrink can do that AnyDvd can't and vice versa, can you explain further? Thanks.

very quickly . . .

The developer of Shrink went on to help develop Nero Recode. The picture quality of these two transcoders are very similar, except Recode tends to transcode faster. Clonedvd2 is much faster at transcoding than either Shrink or Recode. Clonedvd2 is more compatible with Anydvd, so this is your best solution for backing up movies with Anydvd. Clonedvd2 allows you to retain menus over split discs, unlike Recode and Shrink. Shrink and Recode allow you to split discs anywhere (not just at chapter markers). Both Shrink and Recode's transcoder (picture) quality are superior to Clonedvd2's provided "advanced analysis" is selected, at the cost of a longer time spent transcoding to produce that improved picture quality. You can of course rip using Clonedvd2 and import that rip into Recode or Shrink if you wish. Shrink and Recode can also join videos together. Clonedvd2 cannot. Clonedvd2 can handle crazier disc structures better than Shrink can (Recode can handle crazier structrues better than Shrink can as well).

All that said, it's obvious that if you like Anydvd, it's best to have Clonedvd2 in your arsenal to ensure compatibility in the event an issue should arise.

Last edited:
Backed up Zoom (just the movie) with anyDVD 6.1.1.4 and xcopy express and had no problems. I have cloneDVD2 as a back up just in case. LOL. ;)

AnyDVD + DVDFab Decrypter 3.08 work

Like many users, my old reliable AnyDVD + Shrink combination didn't work on the new copy protection. I came to this forum looking for answers. I tried many workarounds, but couldn't get any to work. Finally, I gave up on Shrink and tried the latest DVDFab Decrypter 3.08, the free edition. It works like a charm. All I wanted is the main movie and DVDFab has no trouble with the Zoom or Open Season.

Hope this helps someone else.

All I wanted is the main movie and DVDFab has no trouble with the Zoom or Open Season.

If you just want the main movie for Shrink, do this:
Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

This information can be found here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885

If you just want the main movie for Shrink, do this:
Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

This information can be found here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885

I read most of the posts on the new copy protection and tried many workarounds. That is one of the 1st things I tried. But it didn't work for me. Don't know why as I have the AnyDvd 6.1.1.4 and Shrink 3.2.

Back