• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Zohan, U.S. (unrated, single disc) looping problem

Nothing removed at all. I just shrunk complete disk in shrink.

No because I remove unwanted Audio in Shrink.All I'm doing is ripping with either Anydvd's Ripper or Clonedvd then opening up Shrink with no results to my liking.

Argh! You just said previously, which I am quoting, that you removed nothing. You're contradicting yourself. :(

What unwanted audio did you remove? I can't attempt to duplicate your problem without you telling me exactly what you did when making your backup.

Argh! You just said previously, which I am quoting, that you removed nothing. You're contradicting yourself. :(

What unwanted audio did you remove? I can't attempt to duplicate your problem without you telling me exactly what you did when making your backup.

I just removed the 2channel audio and kept the 5.1 channel audio. No biggie as audio means nothing in regards to looping.

I just removed the 2channel audio and kept the 5.1 channel audio. No biggie as audio means nothing in regards to looping.

So you removed both commentary streams? It may not seem important in causing a looping problem but the best way to prove a problem exists is to reproduce it and do so using the exact same steps.

Alright, I couldn't burn the backup without removing something or overburning. So, since I don't want to overburn I only removed the French audio stream and it will fit on a DVD-5 disc.

I always remove 2 channel audio from discs. Waste of space so I just stick to 5.1 channel English audio.

So you removed both commentary streams? It may not seem important in causing a looping problem but the best way to prove a problem exists is to reproduce it and do so using the exact same steps.

Yes I just kept 5.1 channel audio and removed all other streams that are a waste of time. Oh and by the way I also used a DVD+r Dl disc and removed absolutley nothing and same looping results.

:confused: Why would you do that if you own Clonedvd? Just use Clonedvd

Webbie Like I said I have used all of my tools at my disposal and nothing works out right.This is the only movie that has EVER given my problems in years.I have wasted 2 DL discs on this movie. 1 with IMGBURN, 1 with Clonedvd. I used Verbatims as well.

Webbie Like I said I have used all of my tools at my disposal and nothing works out right.This is the only movie that has EVER given my problems in years.I have wasted 2 DL discs on this movie. 1 with IMGBURN, 1 with Clonedvd. I used Verbatims as well.

Well it plays fine in Windows Media Player

If the ripped files are not looping during playback on your computer, then either you're producing bad burns (maybe try a different drive)--or there's some really weird issue with your standalone dvd player.

I know an acquaintance who used Clonedvd with Verbatim +R DL (no issues) on this dvd. Nothing was removed. He said there was no problem with playback. It seems to me that everyone's backup would be looping based on what you're writing.

Last edited:
If the ripped files are not looping during playback on your computer, then either you're producing bad burns--or there's some really weird issue with your standalone dvd player.

I know an acquaintance who use Clonedvd with Verbatim +R DL (no issues) on this dvd. Nothing was removed. He said there was no problem with playback. It seems to me that everyone's backup would be looping based on what you're writing.

Let me try a different DVD player and will let you know the results.

Tried 2 different Portable DVD players and still looping at same point in movie. 4:16 is where looping occurs.

Let me try a different DVD player and will let you know the results.

Well it plays fine in Windows Media Player

Well, see, if you ripped uncompressed using Clonedvd, then those are the exact same files that would have been burned on your +R DL backup. So it doesn't make any sense that playback would loop. It didn't loop in WMP, so it shouldn't loop elsewhere either.

Ok I got the times where it loops. It starts at 04:16 and goes until 04:36 at the beginning of the movie.

Alright.

1. Ripped the disc to my HDD using AnyDVD ripper
  2. Imported into DVD Shrink
  3. Removed the two 2 channel audio commentary streams
  4. Transcoded to DVD-5 with the output going to a folder on the HDD
  5. Used ImgBurn to burn the output to a Verbatim DVD+RW
  6. Played the DVD+RW in a JVC XV-NP10 standalone player

I just played from 00:04:00 to 00:05:00. No looping.

Tried 2 different Portable DVD players and still looping at same point in movie. 4:16 is where looping occurs.

Then I can only conclude that you're producing bad burns. With Verbatim +R DL use a 2.4x burn speed. With 16x rated single layer blank media, try a 12x or 8x burn speed (and maybe try another burner).

Well, see, if you ripped uncompressed using Clonedvd, then those are the exact same files that would have been burned on your +R DL backup. So it doesn't make any sense that playback would loop. It didn't loop in WMP, so it shouldn't loop elsewhere either.

I know that is why I am saying this makes no sense at all.

Alright.

I just give up on this movie. The hell with it.

Alright.

Yeah, then it's some weird issue on poolshark2014's end. Maybe bad burns or slowly dying burner

Maybe booktype needs to be set to "dvd-rom" before burning. I dunno

Thanks for testing, Drink

Sorry, man :(

Drinklyeanddie went through a lot of effort to try to help you out.

I know Webbie and I appreciate the help. I'm just frustrated is all and I always have the Booktype setting to DVD-Rom as my Lite-On has that option to always enable DVD-Rom.Lite-on drive is fairly new as well so I don't know.

Back