• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Year One DVD

phenixdragon

Has anyone been able to copy this movie? I am ripping them move to my hard drive with AnyDVD 6.5.9.5. I can see the main movie files, which there are about 4 of them. I am trying to use VideoReDo to create all the VOBs into a main MPEG2 file. What happens with the filel though is it shutters when playing but its like it chops the movie up where ever half a second it plays a diffrent spot in the movie. It's very weird to see. But has anyone gotten it to work for them?

Click the link in my signature, and read fully please. Especially read #3. Do not ask poll-type questions. Just provide troubleshooting information instead. Thank you

Has anyone been able to copy this movie?

1. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14199, and go through the four pre-steps.

2. Use Anydvd 6.5.9.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6596.exe
(If you don't own Anydvd, you can try the program for free for 21 days.). Yes, the beta version is better than
the official release. Yes, you should be using the beta version instead.

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

4. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish.

5. Run a dvd-video playback software program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file that you ripped from step 3 as the source. Any problems? Unlikely

Any problem you have at that point is related to VidoeReDo. What you probably need is to try Clonedvd Mobile with the .vob passthrough option first before using VideoReDo.

Thanks for the reply. I knwo that VideoReDo isn't the issue. The movie does not play correctly even if just playing the ripped files from anyDVD. It either does the same shutter problem or I can get it to play about the first 15-20 minutes and then there are issues. To me it looks like anyDVD is not able to decrypt this movie properly. I also did try the beta, 9.5.9.6 version. Same issue.

Thanks for the reply. I knwo that VideoReDo isn't the issue. The movie does not play correctly even if just playing the ripped files from anyDVD. It either does the same shutter problem or I can get it to play about the first 15-20 minutes and then there are issues. To me it looks like anyDVD is not able to decrypt this movie properly. I also did try the beta, 9.5.9.6 version. Same issue.

Just out of curiosity, does the problem occur if you playback the original disc from the DVD drive while AnyDVD is running in the background?

The movie does not play correctly even if just playing the ripped files from anyDVD.

1) Play the dvd with Anydvd running in the background. Any problem?

2) Play the dvd without Anydvd running in the background. Any problem?

3)
A. Post an Anydvd .zip log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

It either does the same shutter problem or I can get it to play about the first 15-20 minutes and then there are issues.

Did you actually do what I wrote previously? That is,

4. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish.

5. Run a dvd-video playback software program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file that you ripped from step 3 as the source. Do NOT select .vob files

Here is the log.

I also just noticed that it doesn't rip the unrated and the theatrical versions. I am just seeing one of the versions in the files it rips.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.9.6_Info_E_YEAR_ONE.zip
    139.7 KB · Views: 2
Here is the log.

I also just noticed that it doesn't rip the unrated and the theatrical versions. I am just seeing one of the versions in the files it rips.

Did you actually do this?

1)Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish.

2. Run a dvd-video playback software program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file that you ripped from step 3 as the source file for playback. Do NOT select .vob files for playback.

Here is another log file from a diffrent machine.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.9.5_Info_E_YEAR_ONE.zip
    240 KB · Views: 3
Interesting. Looks like when I used CloneDVD to read what I had ripped with anyDVD I was able to get the main movie file, both versions.

The steps...

What steps did you take?
With AnyDVD running in the background I put Year One original disk in the drive and waited for it to scan, (only took a few moments). Starded ClondeDVD 2 and selected the second option, "Clone DVD'. I usually only select the english audio stream choosing not to include other languages. I also have CloneDVD set to compress to DVD 5. I clicked through the next few pages of CloneDVD and clicked 'Go'. That's pretty much it. I did try the 'remove annoying adverts and trailers' setting in AnyDVD, and that worked fine as well. At first, I only copied the disk to the HD where I tested it fully to see if there were any problems either with the movie itself or the removal of adverts and trailers. After I was sure everything worked okay, I chose 'Write existing data' from CloneDVD and burned the movie to a single layer Verbatim blank. Hope this helps out. I should mention the original movie is a region 1 disk.

Last edited:
Interesting. Looks like when I used CloneDVD to read what I had ripped with anyDVD I was able to get the main movie file, both versions.

The problem, quite clearly, is with VideoReDo or your use of VideoReDo.

Anydvd ripper output = Clonedvd output.

This disc contains nothing interesting with respect to protection.

Moving thread . . .

Back