• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Yabba Dabba Do!

Heracles

Sometimes I will "cancel" a streaming service just to see if they offer a discount to continue membership for a period of time.

I signed up for HBO Max (ad free) a few days ago.

I just tried to cancel and HBO Max offered me 1/2 price for 3 months to keep "Ad Free". smile.png

Hulu also did this for 1/2 year for $1.99 when I went to cancel their "with Ads" version.

U.S. here, don't know how other geographic regions might do.

Yes, I ask myself why there never is any special offer for loyal customers. Like get one month free if you continue your sub for the second year. Same for internet providers. There it is even worse, you pay less for the first 12 month and then more after that. If you stay, then of course you pay the same amount.
Why don't pay the same price for all 24 month? And why is it better to switch your provider since you then get the cheaper 12 month again instead of being loyal?

Sometimes I will "cancel" a streaming service just to see if they offer a discount to continue membership for a period of time.

I signed up for HBO Max (ad free) a few days ago.
I just tried to cancel and HBO Max offered me 1/2 price for 3 months to keep "Ad Free". View attachment 68617
Hulu also did this for 1/2 year for $1.99 when I went to cancel their "with Ads" version.
U.S. here, don't know how other geographic regions might do.

yeah, back when we were in US that was a nifty trick. also, AP has channels discounted all the time. just VPNd to AP US and most channels are 2$ for two months. i figured a long time ago they are betting people will forget to cancel when promotion ends. that way provider gets revenue and can boost subscription numbers. clever. lol.

i figured a long time ago they are betting people will forget to cancel when promotion ends. that way provider gets revenue and can boost subscription numbers. clever. lol.
Yes, but how can you forget it? I don't always remember the easiest things, yes, but when I purchase a channel then because I have a plan on what to download etc. And then I cancel it as soon as it makes sense. I haven't looked at Audible for a time now, I have a three month for x, but no idea when I bought it lol. So I don't know if the next token I get in a few days is the last of the three month or already the full monthly fee. It wouldn't hurt, since I got three for less, but still. It should be statet.

Maybe if you purchase multiple channels instead of only one and then also on different dates, but I never do that. Yes, it is on discount, but I have to take care of this one channel anyway, so no reason to buy the others as well, especially since these discounts happen multiple times per year.

Yes, I ask myself why there never is any special offer for loyal customers. Like get one month free if you continue your sub for the second year. Same for internet providers. There it is even worse, you pay less for the first 12 month and then more after that. If you stay, then of course you pay the same amount.
Why don't pay the same price for all 24 month? And why is it better to switch your provider since you then get the cheaper 12 month again instead of being loyal?

This is a big thing I like about my cell phone carrier: They give free stuff and discounts quite often. For the last several years they've been giving a subscription to MLB.tv for free. I got a year of Apple TV+ for free through them. And a very good discount on Paramount+ through them.

And if you think about it, some services that let you pay a full year in advance do reward you for that loyalty. The cost for a full year is less than if you paid monthly, sometimes as much as an entire monthly cost, making it 11 months paid for and one for free.

The cost for a full year is less than if you paid monthly
I already know that. I rather mean that if you decide to keep subscribed. So you are a subscriber for three years and then decide to stay for two more.

Netflix has 222 million paid users worldwide.;)
I used to be a DVD by mail user, grandfathered into an account with 8 discs out at one time. Having a regional processing center a few miles away from me (WA State, Seattle area) meant I could get quite a number of DVDs in a month. If I was greedy I could easily exceed 30 discs in 30/31 days. I rarely used the dual/split streaming option when the company originally split the features. 2 screens at a time, HD option.

Then NF closed the regional processing center a couple of years back, so all DVDs by mail had to go to their main HQ in CA. When that change happened suddenly I had all 8 discs get lost in the mail for over a month. Good turn-around time was 9 discs a month because of the mail delivery lag time.

Well, buh-bye DVDs by mail NF. That dropped my monthly fee from over US$65 + tax to around US$9.99 + tax.

Then NF started jacking up the price of their streaming and now I see almost US$18 a month. With less and less content that I want to view compared to a couple of years ago.

I pay 15.99 a month for HD.(Netflix) 149.00 a year for HBO. 74.99 a year for P+ with Showtime. Hulu and Disney bundle for 11.99 a month. 139.00 a year for APV

Netflix has 222 million paid users worldwide.;)

there you go. and let's say AP has half of that and let's say one fifth decided to try one of the channels for 2$ for 2 months. and let's say one fifth of those forgot to cancel the sub and paid 5.99$ the third month. i am no number cruncher, but that's a few dozen mil right there. no sweat, no work, just... 'good business', lol. AND, if timed right, provider can boast about sub numbers to their board (and investors). it's a win-win, for sure. AND... users get something in return (2 months of discount). actually, it is brilliant. innit? hahahah

Back