• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XP Pro X64 version question

Wildrat

Hi All! I have built a new computer. I have installed the 32 bit version because my brother tells me my 32 bit programs will not work with the 64 bit version. Is this true?
I will be awaiting your reply before I press on with loading stuff on to the computer.
In case someone wonders whether I have the right hardware to run X64 I do.

Last edited:
Hi All! I have built a new question. I have installed the 32 bit version because my brother tells me my 32 bit programs will not work with the 64 bit version. Is this true?

Depends on the program. Many 32 bit programs will run on a 64 bit OS (not all, but many do).

With the exception of Game Jackal (and that will change shortly), all Slysoft products run on a 64 bit OS.

So do you think I should go ahead and load X64 on the new machine? Do you think I will see any significant change in operation? I am using a Intel D975XBX2 mb, 6 gb memory, Intel quad core processor, and I am using the crossfire tech. with the graphics cards. As far as HDD, they are WD SATA.

So do you think I should go ahead and load X64 on the new machine? Do you think I will see any significant change in operation?

It depends on the programs that you're using. I can't really advise you here.

OK,
Thank You for responding. I guess it's one of those decisions one has to make and hope for the best. I think I'll just leave the 32 bit on till some of my older programs get updated.

Well, I did install XP32bit, I installed very little S/W. I was not content with this machine running a 32 bit version of XP knowing the ability of this machine. I decided to install XP64 and am using it now. I have a couple of old Toshiba burners in here and last night after installing the SlySoft Suite except Game Jackal which I am told that a 64 bit version is on the way burned a couple of disk faster than ever. I went ahead and ordered a couple of Lite-On drives this AM. After they arrive this machine should burn quickly and with very few coasters. I am happy with the 64 bit version of XP and have no problem with drivers or software. If I do have an issue, I still have my old P4 for the 32 bit stuff. Thank you all!

P.S Now the HDVD burners need to come down in price like the regular burners. I don't know why they don't go ahead and mark them down, because they will be at very affordable prices sooner or later. Keep on Dreaming!

There is only one minor bug found so far and I haven't had the time to test some more just yet but it isn't really an issue just a longer way to create a profile.

Back