• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XP Now Freezes

bear

Some time in late February (not sure if it was after an update) my windows XP would freeze during the writing when using AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Shortly after the writing process starts, I hear a click, then about 10 to 15 seconds later the computer freezes and I have to reboot. Sometimes during the restart windows opens to a white background with some discussion about a critical error other times it starts fine.

I ran AnyDVD an another software DVDFab Platinum and the same thing happens.

I turned off AnyDVD and just ran DVDFab Platinum and it worked fine.

There have been a few other times when accessing the DVD drive with AnyDVD running the computer froze.

Anyone have similar problems? Any idea what is happening? I have used AnyDVD for 6 or so months prior to Feb and it has worked great.

Thank you

XP or W2000 freeze

Remove the 'Intel Application Acceleration driver',
this helps you against a lot of instabil situations
after update AnyDVD or the 'LightScribe'-function

No Luck

Tried 1 and 3 and here is 4

Lower = AnyDVE PxHelp20 drvmcdb EbyDelay MxlW2k Pfc
Upper = GEARAspiWDM

Couple other notes, the problem is related to AnyDVD as when I was done reading with CloneDVD I close AnyDVD and was able to write to the blank DVD. If AnyDVD is running it always locks up as soon as the writing starts, Again I hear a clicking sound from the DVD Drive first then the lockup.

If all else fails is there a way to remove the software AnyDVD and CloneDVD and load them on another computer?

You can load and use them on as many computers as you want - but only be using them on one machine at a time.
Why don't you just turn off AnyDVD before you burn the disks - easy enough, no??

-W

Part of Sonic Burning engine, it's made by prassi/veritas and licensed to Sonic. Comes with Winamp, 1click DivxToDVD and (older versoins of) Digion Audio.

This should be fine.

Used by Sonic and Veritas. Yet unknown in which software it is used (possibly backup software).

Driver: Sonic Solutions DLA
Publisher: Sonic Solutions

Possibly comes Roxio software (Easy Media Creator 9 products)

MxlW2k - Part of MusicMatch

Big possible issue

Padus ASPI Shell filter driver. Comes with Nero 6.x/7.x.x if you choose to install it, comes with WinDVD Creator, it comes with DiscJuggler and it comes with NVIDIA Purevideo decoder.

Shouldn't be an issue.

So . . .

1. Uninstall Musicmatch until MxlW2k disappears from your lowerfilters.

Also check the steps listed here:
from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1293

"There is a possible conflict with a TSR file from Musicmatch Jukebox 10. The file mim.exe was loading at at startup which was causing my burn problems. I found the following instruction from another site explaining how to remove this file from startup :

To prevent mim.exe from starting when you log into your OS:

- Open regedit
- Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

- Remove the value with the name MimBoot.

To terminate mim.exe when you close the jukebox:

- Open regedit
- Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\4.0\MainApp

- Change the value for "ShutDownMIM". Set it to 1"

2. Test again. If everything is ok, then don't go on to step 3.
3. Uninstall Roxio Easy whatever, Sonic, or any Veratis software on your system until drvmcdb disappears from lowerfilters
4. Test again

filter info descriptions were take from http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html

Last edited:
Back