• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XP - Micro jitter

HectoPascal

Hi,
i know ReClock for a very long time. It always helped to get 23.97 to 25Hz for PAL TV-Out. It lets videos play like they were actually 25fps. But nothing more... For me, it never helped getting rid of micro jitter. It may run for seconds correctly but it comes back here and there and is clearly noticeable for the trained eye. I even do have that jitter on normal 25fps videos as well (without ReClock in render path).

Only Vista and EVR could fix that issue. First time i've ever seen a perfect motion lasting over long time on TV-Out on PC. XP and EVR don't do anything in that direction though. No matter what renderer i try micro jitter always comes back. All but one. Looks like Haali Renderer behaves differently. I may be completely wrong but for me it looks like its much better with Haali.

Can anyone tell me more about it? Is ReClock able to affect those occasional micro jitter at all? Can someone confirm that better, more stable motion with Haali Renderer? What about other options regarding improved stable jitter-free (standalone DVD Player like) playback?

I'm not talking about stalling the CPU or GPU like 1080i or something. Most of the time vanilla xvids and similar.

AMD XP 2500MHz XP-M, nForce2
Ati Radeon 9700 (R300)
Windows XP-SP3 .NET 3.5
KMP v2.9.4.1433, MPC-HC v1.2.908.0
VMR9 or Haali, PS2.0 Scaler, RGB32 Surface

well, this is quite normal...I'd say :D

to me and several friends from HCFR, nothing comes close to HR's smoothness in 48/50Hz...mostly coz HR does jitter correction, which the other renderers simply don't...and if frames are a bit too late, EVR/VMR9 simply drop :eek:

I've done extensive beta-testing on HR+Reclock for James, and thanks to his mad coding skills you can enable the "built-in estimator" only, it's more than enough 99.99% of the time :clap:

I've got one 720p WMV file that it can't recognize, but it seems to have been authored as a streaming file...so frame rate is not fixed :rolleyes:

Back